“loved it”

Isla Caribe Beach Hotel
Ranked #25 of 89 Hotels in Margarita Island
“loved it”
Reviewed August 27, 2011

After reading the reviews I was worried about this trip but the price was within budget
We stayed in the newer area of the hotel the premium section and it was wonderful we had the mountain view...room were always cleaned, fresh towels each day and beds made. No shower curtain in our room but in the kids room (seperate room) the staff upon our arrival to the room placed a shower curtain for my teenagers. The food I did not enjoy so much but then I like spicy foods. Consider taking pepper sauce with you. The beach was lovely and we enjoyed the heated pools. The town was a bit far and cost us 80Bs to get there and taxis are available on the hotel compound. Staff was helpful, b our air-condition unit stopped working and they moved us to another room. I will recommend this hotel we loved it and would like to return

4 Thank shrikissoon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Polish first
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Dear All, I would like to worn everybody to not to even think about selecting this hotel. First of all the hotel has 4 stars but it is local ranking, in international ranking I will not give more than 2,5 stars. Starting from the rooms: quite big but without any charm, normal. The worse is that sometimes we did not have the towels in the room and it was imposible to get them within 1,5-2 hours after our complain. The reception desk does not answer the phone and if they finaly do it they will treat you without respect and even do not say "sorry". Seems that towels are limited resource as getting the clean beach towel is also a challange: 3-4 times during our 2 weeks stay we had to wait 2-3 hours to get clean towel. Do not think about changing the beach towel during a day as a hotel rule is changing the towels only once per day. Food: horrible, every day the same, vegatables are also limited resources, the smell in the restaurants is horrible. Service: very bad and not competent. The beach "playa de agua" is very comercial place, full of peolple trying to sell you something so you can not rest. Morover when you are on the beach there is not sufficient sun beds with umbrellas (by the way sun beds are plastic so it is imposible to feel comfortoble more than 15 minutes and umbrellas mean: piece of plastick 50 cm above the sun bed) for all guest hotels so you have a choice to appear on the beach early morning to book the sun bed or rent a comfortable set in the close restaurant (of course you have to pay for it). There are some more comments from my side but none is good so I will close with the sentence "do not go there if you you are planning to rest"

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank emilia c

Travelers are raving about these Margarita Island hotels

Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed August 22, 2011

this hotel was really nice had a couple of hiccups but all hotels have them, the food was great (and plentiful) a bit repetitive but with 3 restaurants you really can't complain. the drinks are amazing. Coco Locos are awesome. Forget what everyone says the staff is friendly, you may encounter some problems with the language but if you try they try. There are 3 pools, three restaurants, like 4 bars..... plz note commuting is kind of tiring the town is kind of far.all in all the rooms were comfy always had hot water and clean towels. also the dance shows at night were a real treat. jus go with an open mind.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank rogerslove
Reviewed August 14, 2011

This hotel is very well maintained, I stayed in the newer section of this hotel, room was nice however no shower curtain for privacy and lots of moisture in the air, but dehumidifier provided. I stayed here 24-28/07/11and two nights of our stay there was no electricity for a good 3-4 hours, had to be getting dress in the dark for dinner. The food was not of a wide variety and in my opinion breakfast was the best meal of the day. If your not much of a beef eater then your lucked out! Improvements can be made to the cocktails offered and they should do something about the bees. Some staff helpful thanks to Angela at reception and lets not forget Jerry at La Fontana. Overall you get what you pay for.

3 Thank alwaysblessed01
wickeeba
Reviewed August 12, 2011

A group of seven of us stayed at the hotel as part of a package deal. While the rooms were generally clean and the food plentiful, this is not a place for a relaxing family vacation; worse yet for a romantic get-a-way. This is definitely a resort for a nice 'old lime' or just a place to sleep. I only recommed here for that!! BTW...food.....get used to eating leftovers....it is generally what they serve on a daily basis!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank wickeeba
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Reading all the comments before going on this trip I was a bit concerned on what to expect but once I got there I was glad to experience it for myself and I find the Hotel was excellent!!! We stayed at the real section premium rooms..toilet was nice an clean, nice view of the pool from the balcony...Im a very picky person when comes to cleanliness but trust me these rooms were very exceptional...Food was alot but not so much to my liking...Staff were friendly and helpful..the pool was very nice also, The trip to the market was tiring but you do have the option of going or not. just be careful of pick pocketers...Im definitely looking forward to my next trip there...cant wait!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rianne32
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I have read some of the reviews and I would not be so rude to say someone lied but my stay at Isla Caribe was just great. The only problem is that the staff speak little English, but with a little English and a little Spanish everything was good. There was nothing that we lacked in the 8 days that we stayed. The only sad thing is that we wished it could have been longer. We were already planning our next trip before this one was over.
The food is great, the rooms are always clean,fully air-conditioned, cable tv and we had access to everything at the Hotel.
I could go on and on. I would recommend it to any one. I think we got more than what we paid for.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the pool is beautiful and if you do not want noise all you have to do is close the...