“Relaxing place”

$67.00*
and up
Margarita Island Jeep Safari Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit this natural lagoon in La Restinga National Park, which lies on the isthmus that adjoins the Macanao Peninsula to East Margarita and features canals lined with mangrove trees.
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Took a relaxing boat trip. We saw various birds. Also starfish, crabs and seahorse. The views across the lagoon are good too. Good value trip.

2  Thank chip60

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Having never been to a mangrove, this made for a neat little foray. We just took a short boat trip and saw lot's from the starfish to what seemed to be herons.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I took the boat ride as a part of a shore excursion to Isla Margarita on my latest Caribbean cruise January 2013. As a fan of Belgian cartoonist Hergé I was expecting something alike Tintin experienced in the album The Broken Ear when his quest took him to South America. And, indeed what I saw was not only alike but even better than in the cover of that album, and that is a lot to say.

The route took us among narrow tunnels and more open spaces where the powerful outboard engine was given full throttle. En route there were some exotic birds like storks to be seen and stops made to take photos but I remember this trip by its dreamlike sceneries and the amiable mood among our boat.

There were some dozens of wooden boats departing from and returning to a long wooden pier. The boats took from four to six passengers, in my case only four as we were all heavyweights. It was all very professional. No queuing though we arrived as a large group. And what is very important to a clumsy old man like me, it was surprisingly easy to get in and out of the boat.

I say, not the worst hour spent in my life.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

TAke teh boat ride thorugh La Restinga. There is also a museum which is quite good to visit. La Restinga is very quiet and peaceful, you will be able to see red starfish, seahorses and "garzas" a kind of bird that are white, black or red.. lovely trip!

1  Thank Andreayala
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Guides will take you in their covered motorized boats out into the mangroves, which are home to many birds (crack of dawn and late in the day is when they are most active) and you'll see other creatures like little star fish, crabs and other things who live only in the mangroves.