“Very poor quality service”

Ranked #5 of 89 Hotels in Margarita Island
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed for 6 nights and although we liked the hotels facilities, the customer service from the staff was terrible. During three days I asked for towels and they were never delivered to the room. Our bed was not made one day and the empty glasses were not picked up for several days. Also one day we were left without toilet paper. Kindly I asked for the towels and one of the guys at the reception did not even listen to my concerns and failed to provide the service required. He was really mean, unfortunately I do not remember his name .Also, and many of the employees at the buffet were not kind at all. Whenever we asked a question, it was answered as if we were stupid for asking. We found very little nice staff. I must say only one of the customer service clerk at the reception desk, Willian , really nice with us, one of the exceptions. In general I liked the hotel but it is a shame the poor customer service, reason why I would not recommend this hotel. I believe the human connection is very important to provide good customer service, something that we did not find in this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Diana C

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I just stayed with my family at this hotel for four nights and I've never been so happy to checkout from a hotel. They sell this 2 stars hotel like a 5 stars, the only thing that is 5 stars is the staff, I had to ask for a change of room, the first one had the floor eaten by termites, the bathroom was black with fungus, the second room was a little bit better but the bathroom lights did not work at the shower, had fungus, the wood floor was going up due to moisture, the furniture in the room and all over the hotel is the same as 20 years, need to be change or at least washed, the food was regular not even Ok. There are better hotels to stay in Margarita Island which I found very clean and nice. The best thing was a taxi driver I hired, funny, nice, very good tour guide, always on time, his phone number is +58 414 0938003

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SAfamilytraveler
DireccionHIM, Gerente at Hesperia Isla Margarita, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all, we wish to thank you for your time and input in communicating the unpleasant incidences you went through during your recent stay at our Hotel property.

Although we have failed to demonstrate you differently, all our rooms are checked prior to be assigned to an arrival guest and, in the event of any lack of maintenance, are repaired and serviced.

In your case, as per our investigation into the matter, the room you were misgiven was out of order and, therefore, it could not be ready quite enough to allow any overnight in there.

We apologise for any frustration or unconveniences you may have experienced.

There are many things that we can do better beginning for a closer monitoring on our new front office staff.

You may have noticed that the hotel fachades are now being painted and that we have a large number of rooms under refurbishment focusing on wood floors and bathrooms.

Hopefully you may give us the chance to take you in again in the future and see the modifications made on both, rooms and hotel building so that you may enjoy better from your visit.

Many thanks for acknowledging our staff attitude and service.It is really good for us to know that we are doing some things right and that we are on the path for excelence in service and good hotel premises.

Sincerely.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Nothing bad to say!! Thanks to all the team!! I just love the level of service!! The location is beautiful!! The Beach, "Puerto Viejo" is the best!!! I just want to say that you should put some more chairs in the beach for the Hotel clients.. But overall Excellent!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Bigeva
DireccionHIM, Gerente at Hesperia Isla Margarita, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

It is great for us to know that you have enjoyed your holidays that you appreciate our services and that you liked our Hotel premises.

Being our main goal to create satisfied customers and good memories from their stay with us, we are really glad to acknowledge your positive review.

Thanks for your recommendations. It is true that the Island Government allow us a limited number of canopies and long chairs in the beach and we will be getting in touch with them to convey your and other guests' concerns on this regard.

Looking forward the pleasure of a new visit of you and your party to the Hotel, we remain,

Very truly yours.

Hotel Hesperia Isla Margarita

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have any concerns about this hotel. It is the best place to stay on vacations or for business. I came here for work and I had a great time; almost couldnt remember i was working. The atention is excellent. They offer around three different restaurants and the food is delicious. I loved they have a theme every day. One day was Mexican, the other Italian... They have a private beach. It is awesome. We also went to dance at the disco and play golf during spare time. It is all in one hotel. There is no need to go out, but if you want to visit the malls, you just let them know in the front desk and then a bus from the hotel takes you to the malls and waits for you to take you back. This is one of my favorite hotels in Venezuela.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank roxanagoncharova
DireccionHIM, Gerente at Hesperia Isla Margarita, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Greetings from Hesperia Isla Margarita

This is to acknowledge and to thank you for your kind review and for your for your time and input in sharing your experience with future visitors to our Hotel.

It is indeed a great occasion for us to know that you did enjoy so much from your stay with us and that you plan to return.

On behalf of our entire team we convey to you our feelings through your words that we are really improving every day and that it is mostly due to the kindness of our valued guests, as you are, and also to the follow up we make to our guests’ needs and suggestions by means of our quality system service.

We are now trying to offer a wider range of meal options as well as to arrange better and more professional shows for our evenings to be more enjoyable and artistic.

Hopefully, you might find more improvements on your next stay.

Thus, we remain, while waiting for the pleasure of your next visit to our Hotel,

Very truly yours,

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I went with the family for five days ,,it was very good that doesn't make you wanna leave the hotel.
very good choice to relax after long stress time of work. The rooms were very good,clean and big. The service was good and nice .There is a pool and a private beach if you are a bad swimmer like me, every night there were making a new event and parties, very good restaurant with rich colorful menu and delicious food, surprisingly from different countries, so maybe you'll find your favorite dish !
For sure I recommend this hotel if you are searching for fun,relaxing,nice time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank H0mamD
DireccionHIM, Gerente at Hesperia Isla Margarita, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Guests:

Thank you so much for having stayed at our Hotel and for having trusted in our services. We are happy to know that you and your family did enjoy your holidays and that you plan to come back in the future.

It is very grateful when we see that we have created another happy costumer, that is our main objetive and primary goal.

There are more chances to enjoy in our premises, such as SPA, tennis and Golf facilities. Hopefully in your next stay you can also let us know which is your opinion on those assets.

I remain at your entire disposal for any future booking reference at our Hotel and, meanwhile, I send you our most respectful regards.

Manager
Hotel Hesperia Isla Margarita.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in November mostly European people staying at the hotel in this period. We were very lucky to find an excellent rate for a room and all inclusive package.
We loved the restaurants offering a different nationality theme food for each night. So we ate from arab to japaneese, to indian. The swimming pool was fantastic and also the private beach.
Its true that there were many mosquitoes but every island in the caribbean has them!
They made also different presentations each night with dancers, or parties. A cocktail in the afternoon... what else would you want. I loved it! Rooms were excellent.

1  Thank lovetheworld16
DireccionHIM, Gerente at Hesperia Isla Margarita, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Visitor

Greetings from Hesperia Isla Margarita

First of all, thank you so much for trust on us and for sharing your appreciated feedback about your recent stay with us.

On behalf of our entire team we feel through your words that we improve every day our service valuated through our quality system service

And supported for the excellent job by our collaborators who try to do the best work, through a warm smile and a personalized service.

Regarding our restaurants facilities, we can see that the food and service was according to your expectative and we appreciate your point with that too.

It will be great if you join us once again and meet you personally, in that case do not hesitate to contact us in advance with the purpose to satisfy any request you may have.

Sincerely

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was my first and probably last trip to Venezuela to visit my brother. We spent 3 or 4 nights in Hesperia. Quite frankly, it was the worst hotel I had seen in my life. I have been to many hotels in Europe, Asia, and the US where I believe this hotel is very far from the standards of an even 3 star hotel, let alone they consider themselves a five star! It's more like an old abandoned giant bed & breakfast. Rooms are covered with dust, bathrooms are in the worst shape possible. Customer service is poor. The safe box in the room did not have a lock on it! and when we asked for lock, they said we have to pay for that. This is unbelievable!
I absolutely don't recommend this hotel to any one.
The photos I attached say more than any words.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Nima143
DireccionHIM, Gerente at Hesperia Isla Margarita, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for take your time to share your comments about your las Decembre stay in Hesperia Isla Margarita.

Before we begin we would like to express our most sincere apologizes for every inconvenience you have encountered during your stay here. We regret not being able to meet the expectations you had before arriving at our Resort.

Our quality system program valuated by our corporative department in NH Hoteles certify through of the CSI, the customer satisfaction index which are the areas of the improvement in the hotel with the action plan determined to increase the hotel value as well.

Our human resources corporative department strives every day with the personnel involved innovating high coaching and developing systems to all our collaborators, because we understand that they are the key to meet the guest expectation.

There is room for improvement and feedback of our clients play a key role to show us where we have to make an extra effort to serve our valued clients better. Many changes have been done since past December and now we are trying to make things much better.

We deeply regret that in your particular case we were not able to satisfy and surpass your vacation expectations this time.

Sincerely