“Breathtaking!”

Whitney Mountain Lodge
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Garfield
Reviewed September 23, 2010

The view was amazing from the balcony looking over the lake and airport.
Morning - breathtaking!
Perfect place for relaxation and close to tourist spots.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 8, 2010

What a fantastic job they did on the rooms, we have stayed in 4 star rooms and this should be rated a 5 star! The Bed and linens were wonderful and to top it off you wake up to the 12x20 balcony overlooking Beaver Lake and the Ozarks is just breathtaking. There is a complete like night and day difference from last year. We will definatly stay there for any event we visit in Northwest Arkansas, completely worth the drive.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lovetheview2010
Reviewed September 7, 2010

What a gem. I've lived here a decade and didn't know it existed! The owner was very nice and the room was as beautiful as the view. I can't more highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed September 6, 2010

The Lodge has had a complete overhaul and it is beautiful! The rooms have large beds, a micro-fridge and if you have a balcony room you will have a gorgeous view of Beaver Lake and the surrounding area. This is a perfect place to get away and be surrounded by nature. I recommend staying at the Lodge on Whitney Mountain and looking forward to a return myself!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank LosAngelesJen
Reviewed August 23, 2010

My fiance and I stayed only one night which was not enough for us. The remodeled lodge was a total delight from beginning to end of our stay. I had been to the restaurant part of the lodge on several occasions over the years but had never stayed in a room overnight. What a pleasant surprise!
The accomodations were better than most highend places I have stayed including Mexico, Florida and the Carribean. The views from our room of Beaver Lake took our breaths away! We couldn't get enough of it. We sat on the oversized balcony for hours just drinking in the atmosphere.
Our room was huge with a sitting area, kitchenette (with stocked refrig) and a tall overstuffed kingsize bed. The tile shower was roomy enough for two..What a delight!
The morning of our departure we were greeted by the owner himself (Luther Black) who graciously gave us a tour of the entire building. He shared his plans with us as we toured. What a wonderful guy..Based upon our stay and the plans he has for the place, we plan on going back as often as we can!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Trip advisor

Breath taking beauty

From the moment I stepped into this inn I was enamored with it's beauty from  the inside out and the outside in!  I was greeted with a smile from the owners who ensured our every comfort.  The rooms are newly remolded with elaborate fixtures and beautiful linens.  But when I stepped onto the balcony, I lost any ability to speak, my vocabulary was gone and the only word that came to mind of this 180 degree view of beaver lake was,  breathtaking.  That evening we watched the fireworks display of several towns from the comfort of our private balcony. It was the best hotel experience of my life.  Oohhhhh and the bed!!!!!!   This king sized snugly bed is the most comfortable that I have ever slept on, I want one for home.
Now that I have stayed here I will compare all other hotels to this one because once you have had the best you don't want to settle for less.

From the moment I stepped into this inn I was enamored with it's beauty from  the inside out and the outside in!  I was greeted with a smile from the owners who ensured our every comfort.  The rooms are newly remolded with elaborate fixtures and beautiful linens.  But when I stepped onto the balcony, I lost any ability to speak, my vocabulary was gone and the only word that came to mind of this 180 degree view of beaver lake was,  breathtaking.  That evening we watched the fireworks display of several towns from the comfort of our private balcony. It was the best hotel experience of my life.  Oohhhhh and the bed!!!!!!   This king sized snugly bed is the most comfortable that I have ever slept on. I loved it so much I want one for home!

You will not find a better hotel with a view like this anywhere, this is affordable luxury with down home friendly owners. The complimentary wifi never wavered in performance, and a wide selection of food for breakfast with coffee, juice, muffins rolls and an array of fruit.

If you want a breathless view with a luxury room at a price you can afford, this is the place to be.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed July 5, 2006

This was our second year to stay @ this lodge. Last year there were 4 of us staying at the lodge on July 4th weekend. The room was so-so in cleanliness, there was no light or lamp in the bedroom and the hide a bed was terribly uncomfortable. This year, we requested room #301 (review from another review from here) and the room had a beautiful view. However, there was a window air unit in the main room and the bedroom had no air. As long as the door was left open, the room would cool fairly well at night. The biggest complaint we all have this year is the towels. They smelled absolutely terrible. It almost felt better to jump in the lake and sun dry than it did to dry off with their towels. Other problems we had were minor to us, but some may find it a problem...The trash cans outside do not get emptied, the pool is an eyesore to look at...the lake is much cleaner and the staff is rarely around. We went to check out around 9am and there was no one around. If you are looking for a very quiet lodge that does not offer ammentities, then look no futher than this lodge. If you are expecting full service and everything working for $100 nightly room rate, then find another place. We are able to overlook some imperfections with the lodge, as it is very convenient for us. We have a boat that we keep down at the marina which is at the bottom of the mountain. Not sure we will take our chances again for a 3rd time next year. Looking into other options as we speak.

• Stayed: July 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
WhitneyMountain, Owner at Whitney Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2011

We would like to thank you for your review. The property is now Owner Managed and has been fully renovated (completed in 2010). We hope you will take another look at our property for consideration in the future.

Been to Whitney Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!