SUNSOL Punta Blanca
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Hotel Coche Paradise(Coche Island)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Punta Blanca Hotel(Margarita Island)
  • Beachfront
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Posada La Mar(Margarita Island)
  • Breakfast included
Posada Yemaya(El Yaque)
View Hotel
All reviewsmargarita islandsmall islandoutdoor showerpool area is really nicecochecanadaflight
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I went with my family, husband and my girls (7 & ( years old), also with all my in-laws (16 in total). We had an amazing experience in this great hotel. We took a flight from Caracas to Margarita Island, people from the hotel were waiting for us at the airport, then we took a boat to Coche island (about 25 min), then another lithe bus took us to the hotel (about 3 - 5 min). Everything was very professional and on time. Our bedroom were not ready but they hold ours suitcases and told us to have a drink and eat and enjoy the pool or beach. Few time later the beds were ready. Bedroom were clean, the bathroom doesn't have ceiling and I loved it. It feels your are taking a shower with coconut water. Food were very tropical; lots of local fish, arepas, empanadas, soups, grains, etc. They don't serve much meat, grills, etc. Entertainment was fun, we danced all nights. Music is all about salsa, merengue, regueton and some hip hop. But the most amazing was the amazing beach; white sand and clear water and unbetable! Go, go go!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank CarolinaRV
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Great service, great food. You won't find luxury but a peaceful place where to spend your holidays. Clean towels and proper room service everyday.To be honest there are not many options in the island but for me this is the best. I have stayed twice in this hotel with my husband who always wants to come back to Venezuela to get there. The only problem we noticed is the vehicle used to transport the luggage and guests, a kind of truck that makes your five-minute trasportation from the pier to the hotel very uncomfortable. Fortunately you will forget this as soon as you get to the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Paradiso80
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Great for family vacation! wonderful food, services and facilities. Safe for travelers from other countries.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank MariMcm
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Pros:
- the pool area is really nice, although I hated when staff turned the music on really loud;
- the beach is just next to the hotel; not my cup of tea, but if you like flat water and wide, sandy beaches, you're gonna love it;
- there's kitesurfing spot just next to the hotel, arguably one of the best spots for this sport in the world (good winds, flat, shallow water);
- shower's on the outside of bungalows!

Cons:
- food was just terrible; and it's got nothing to do with "local" stuff - I've eaten much better on the streets of Caracas; the food served in Punta Blanca is just bland, fresh fruits were the only part really worth waiting for;
- the rooms are spacious but not very cosy, with just few pieces of furniture; TV-set is too small considering the distance from the bed; aircon noisy;
- the WiFi works only in the reception area and few neighbouring bungalows, but it's really, really slow anyway;
- the staff was not rude, but I wouldn't describe them as polite either (must add I speak fluent Spanish); my general impression is that Venezuelans are not very open and friendly to strangers, hotel employees just fit this description; there was just one lady in the reception who stood above the rest, big kudos to her! overall - sometimes you feel those people are doing you a favor of letting you stay at their place.

Room Tip: Might want to try room 1001 if you want to catch WiFi from the reception area on your porch.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Mikolaj K
Reviewed March 13, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 3 days and I have to say that the place is nice, we loved the pool and the area where the rooms are, the people were really nice as well!
but I have to say we were very dissapointed from the room we got, so much space and almost nothing inside, the only closet we got was the one that was under the TV, the toilet was really bad, almost didn´t work proper the entire stay, a lot of mosquitos in the room, the only nice thing we liked was the shower outside for the rest not nice at alllll!
The food was good not great but good, very traditional and I loved that.
The drinks were ok.
I really have to say I don´t think I will go back, Im almost sure I will try another hotel but in general it was not so bad!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple