“Outstanding!”

SUNSOL Punta Blanca
Rochester, New York
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I went with my family, husband and my girls (7 & ( years old), also with all my in-laws (16 in total). We had an amazing experience in this great hotel. We took a flight from Caracas to Margarita Island, people from the hotel were waiting for us at the airport, then we took a boat to Coche island (about 25 min), then another lithe bus took us to the hotel (about 3 - 5 min). Everything was very professional and on time. Our bedroom were not ready but they hold ours suitcases and told us to have a drink and eat and enjoy the pool or beach. Few time later the beds were ready. Bedroom were clean, the bathroom doesn't have ceiling and I loved it. It feels your are taking a shower with coconut water. Food were very tropical; lots of local fish, arepas, empanadas, soups, grains, etc. They don't serve much meat, grills, etc. Entertainment was fun, we danced all nights. Music is all about salsa, merengue, regueton and some hip hop. But the most amazing was the amazing beach; white sand and clear water and unbetable! Go, go go!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank CarolinaRV

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Venice, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

Great service, great food. You won't find luxury but a peaceful place where to spend your holidays. Clean towels and proper room service everyday.To be honest there are not many options in the island but for me this is the best. I have stayed twice in this hotel with my husband who always wants to come back to Venezuela to get there. The only problem we noticed is the vehicle used to transport the luggage and guests, a kind of truck that makes your five-minute trasportation from the pier to the hotel very uncomfortable. Fortunately you will forget this as soon as you get to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Paradiso80
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

Great for family vacation! wonderful food, services and facilities. Safe for travelers from other countries.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank MariMcm
Warsaw, Poland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

Pros:
- the pool area is really nice, although I hated when staff turned the music on really loud;
- the beach is just next to the hotel; not my cup of tea, but if you like flat water and wide, sandy beaches, you're gonna love it;
- there's kitesurfing spot just next to the hotel, arguably one of the best spots for this sport in the world (good winds, flat, shallow water);
- shower's on the outside of bungalows!

Cons:
- food was just terrible; and it's got nothing to do with "local" stuff - I've eaten much better on the streets of Caracas; the food served in Punta Blanca is just bland, fresh fruits were the only part really worth waiting for;
- the rooms are spacious but not very cosy, with just few pieces of furniture; TV-set is too small considering the distance from the bed; aircon noisy;
- the WiFi works only in the reception area and few neighbouring bungalows, but it's really, really slow anyway;
- the staff was not rude, but I wouldn't describe them as polite either (must add I speak fluent Spanish); my general impression is that Venezuelans are not very open and friendly to strangers, hotel employees just fit this description; there was just one lady in the reception who stood above the rest, big kudos to her! overall - sometimes you feel those people are doing you a favor of letting you stay at their place.

Room Tip: Might want to try room 1001 if you want to catch WiFi from the reception area on your porch.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Mikolaj K
Thun, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 3 days and I have to say that the place is nice, we loved the pool and the area where the rooms are, the people were really nice as well!
but I have to say we were very dissapointed from the room we got, so much space and almost nothing inside, the only closet we got was the one that was under the TV, the toilet was really bad, almost didn´t work proper the entire stay, a lot of mosquitos in the room, the only nice thing we liked was the shower outside for the rest not nice at alllll!
The food was good not great but good, very traditional and I loved that.
The drinks were ok.
I really have to say I don´t think I will go back, Im almost sure I will try another hotel but in general it was not so bad!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jennita79
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2011

Coche Island was an excellent choice for my son and I. We always felt safe and taken care of. The rooms were very nice and when we returned everyday the service had come in and cleaned and tidied up after us. The shower is outdoors with access from your vanity area, very cool, but expect at high peak times to lose pressure, this didn't bother us.

The infinity pool was huge and the beach went on forever. You never felt like you were bumping into people; it never felt crowded even on the weekend when people flew in from Caracas.

It is a Spanish country and the majority of guests are from other Spanish countries or from Caracas so expect that you should learn a few words or phrases or take a Spanish dictionary with you. This didn't bother us either and should be expected as we are the minority in their country.

We took a few excursions, one shopping in Porlamar where our driver took us on a tour as well and found us an amazing beach restaurant on the north side of Margarita. We also did snorkeling which is done from the resort, a Jeep safari tour, and a wonderful, wonderful horseback riding day through the national park and on the beach. There were many things to choose from right on the Island, like kite surfing.

If you want to party and have a night life all the time I would go elsewhere because this resort is restful, peaceful, and relaxing. I have nothing bad to say about it.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ginakristan
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2011

Pros: Nice beach, no waves, nice pool area
Cons: The whole complex, which is not very big anyway gets very busy due to locals arriving on weekends. So, get ready for line-ups and no available tables at dinner time. The evening enetrtainment itself (if any) is very poor, no one speak english and there is not very much to do on Coche island either. If you are one of those you want to be by yourself in the middle of nowhere, this might be a good choice for you.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
#4 of 12 in El Yaque
Unik Hotel Margarita
Unik Hotel Margarita
#3 of 8 in Pampatar

Been to SUNSOL Punta Blanca? Share your experiences!