“Ok but not great”
Review of Blue Lady Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gamaliel
Blue Lady Resort
Findlay, Illinois
“Ok but not great”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband bought a gift basket at a fund raiser and 2 free nights lodging with wine/olive oil tasting was included in basket. We booked the 2 nights for a Saturday and Sunday in October and was scheduled for tasting at 3 pm on Saturday. We had cabin 1 and the lake view was beautiful! The cabin was equipped with some kitchenware. No kleenex :( When checking in they gave us the key and we had to ask which cabin and where the tasting would be. We went to the cellar deck at 2:50 for the tasting and at 3:10 they came to tell us the owner would not be available for the 3pm tasting because she was preparing dinner for 40 people that evening but offered to do the tasting the next day at noon or 1pm. We then ask if there was anything to do in the area other than fishing....dinner and a movie in the nearby town. The winery party was loud after 10pm:( We went back to our cabin and booked a room in Branson for the next night (only 2 hours away) and in the direction of home! When we checked out after using only 1 free night and no tasting, we were not offered anything in return. We did get 2 free wine glasses though when my husband ask if he could buy 1 (I collect them). We weren't truly upset because the free certificate was purchased for a fund raiser. I would definitely only recommend to someone wanting to fish or just relax and do nothing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Darla1129
MargieRoelands, Owner at Blue Lady Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guest
I'm glad you enjoyed your visit at Blue Lady Resort. I'm sorry that I was not available for the wine tasting. I try to accommodate guests by personally doing as many wine tastings as I possibly can in a week. Once in awhile my schedule just doesn't allow for me to be the one sampling wines, oils and vinegars in the tasting room. My staff is quite capable but I also understand that guests like to meet the winemaker.

It sounds like you appreciate help the community also since this was a certificate for a fund raiser. With that in mind, I wanted to share that the event I was busy cooking for was the first meeting of a new organization in the Ozarks designed to attract young professionals to meet and give money for a community project. Raimondo Winery is very proud to be the first sponsor of this group. I was preparing a full menu with wine for this new organization.

I am sorry if they were a bit loud that evening.

Please come back for a FREE wine tasting with me. Call my staff and ask them to reserve time in a tasting with me. I will sample my wines, oils and vinegars for you and give you personal attention.
Thanks much,
Margie Roelands, Owner and Winemaker
870-421-2076

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Clinton Township, Michigan, United States
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We have stayed twice and have had a great time both stays. Caught nice fish both times. Panoramic view of the lake is exceptional from out cabin! Awesome owners.. Wine tasting along with awesome flavored olive oils and balsamic vinegars . check out the flavors at www.raimondowinery.com. We love this place! Peaceful!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
lenzburg, illinois
Reviewed December 4, 2011

My family and friends make a trip twice a year to stay at the blue lady resort. All the rooms are well equipped and have everything you need. Great views, access to the lake, fishing and pontoon boat rentals, a great swim dock , fish cleaning station and more. The winery with its $5.00 tastings is awesome with great wine and olive oils in the store for sale. We have a blast every time we go.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank kevin_k352
Reviewed December 3, 2011

My family and I have spent more than one long weekend in the comfort and fun atmosphere of the Blue Lady resort. We love the beautiful views and crisp clean waters of Lake Norfork.

Their cabins are equipped with all the needed items for making a home away from home. The beds give you a great night sleep after you have gazed at the awesome night sky from their spacious patios. That's right, several patio areas where you can enjoy the nature, meet friendly people or just sit and quietly read.

It's a great area for hiking too. Boats, fishing and swimming are a must. But most of all the owners are hostess and host with the most FRIENDLY attitudes found. This place is great because it just is and because they make it their passion. Don't miss the Wine Cellar and bocci ball courts!!! FUN place, GREAT value.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank HikerGirl42
Enfield, Connecticut
Reviewed December 3, 2011

We stopped in the AR Ozark Mts for the first time in Oct planning on staying a couple of nights. We ended up staying a week because it was the most relaxing part of our 21 day road trip. The view of the lake, the fall colors, walking down to the dock, sitting out at night while drinking wine from their winery made it hard to leave! Our cabin was hardly a cabin but a wonderful suite with a fully stocked kitchen, full size bathroom, a very comfortable living room with a fireplace and dining table. My bedrooms 2 twin beds were very comfortable. My travel companion loved the King size bed in their room! The owners were very accomodatating suggesting local restaurants, day trips etc. I plan to come back with a large group next year to take advantage of the fishing in this little piece of heaven! The owners take care of everything...boat rentals, guides, and even have a covered pavillion to cook and enjoy your catch! Thank you for the best part of my 21 day road trip!

Room Tip: My room facing the lake was great!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank blissmar
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Blue Lady is an AWESOME Family owned resort. We have stayed there several times and have never been disappointed. The owners are super helpful and extremely friendly :) BLUE LADY is our favorite resort! !!!!

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank pre-krocks
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed June 29, 2011

It looks pretty unimpressive when we get there, but we blew that off. When we checked in, the office smelled like something rotten.

When we walked in the cabin we were assaulted by an awful smell. (We ended up buying air freshener and a candle. ) There was one of those hotel style heating/cooling units in the kitchen. THAT WAS THE ONLY ONE! There was a tiny (filthy) fan on a shelf in the living area and a couple ceiling fans (with filthy blades)n in the two bedrooms.

There was no dresser in either bedroom and a midsize one in the living area which doubled as the stand for a very dated TV with inadjustable color issues. The bedrooms were very tiny. (not good for kids). We were stepping over our stuff the whole time we were there.

There was a swag lamp in the very small living area that had been repaired with a couple visible wire nuts. There were gnats everywhere, as well as a few smashed bugs on the walls.

The bathroom was disgusting-- the shower curtain had soap scum, mildew and even the pink stain you might find on an unclean toilet. The water pressure left much to be desired. Someone had done their own plumbing in the shower/tub and really should have left that to the pros.

We were told this place had a lake view. If you squinted, you could see the lake through the treeline and undergrowth. When I questioned this I was told that I misunderstood that it merely FACED the lake.

The pool was NOT a lighted pool, as it said-- it had lights nearby it, but not enough to see well swimming at night. Not that swimming in it was a problem, since it was an above grounded pool all one level with a deck built onto it.

This was our first family vacation and it was pretty much ruined. $500 hard earned money gone for 3 nights of staying in a rathole.

Yes, the people who run it seem nice, but nice doesn't cut it when the lodging is this poor.

Room Tip: Look for another resort!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
9 Thank runningsabout

Been to Blue Lady Resort? Share your experiences!