“Magic!”
Review of Lawaki Beach House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beqa Island
Lawaki Beach House
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Beqa Island
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This place is absolutely wonderful with very friendly staff, loads of activities to do, amazing food, a perfectly remote location and lovely little details all around the lodge. Go there if you would like to get away from the major resorts and tourist magnets, but are rather looking for silence, nature and traditional food.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Local Fijian family-owned and run resort - perfect for families, young people, everyone in fact. Sam, Salome and the staff were great. friendly and like staying with your family. The girls do great massages - had more than one. The staff were very friendly. Beach beautiful, awesome snorkelling! Bure was perfect for us with en-suite shower and bathroom, cool and free from mozzies. Food was superb, every attention to detail, lots of tasty homemade breads, soups, cakes!!! Small number of bures so easy friendships made with other guests. Took us out on a fishing trip and dive on a shipwreck - great! Definitely recommend staying at Lawaki Beach.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I went Lawaki beach house with my family. I love perfect sunset and lovely veranda. Room is clean and well organised. Home made bread was very nice.Staff is well mannered.
My kids enjoyed beach walk, sky TV, great hospitality with Fijian staff.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
LawakiBeachHouseFiji, Owner at Lawaki Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Bula danielMac,
thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you and your family have enjoyed Lawaki Beach House.
We hope to see you one day again.
Till then: all the best and regards,
Christine

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed here with a large group and I loved this place. It has the true fijian charm and very freindly staff. It does run on fijian time, like most places in fifji. It is not a 5 star place, but for the price it is excellent value - who can complain with massage of about $8 AUS for 1 hour, double bed with outdoor rain shower and right in the beach. There is a inhouse resturant - reccomend the fijian dishes (such as fiji/inian fusion curries - yum) and a bar where the manager will quite happliy play your favourite tunes direct from your ipod! Breakfast is also yum and can be buffet style. The beacj=h is not "beautiful" but is noce for a walk and there is a pool. Tours to local communities and kava for all. If you want a resort that is the old fiji and a chance to see rural fijian communities I recommend a stay here! They also have dorm style room for a real budget saving traveller!

Room Tip: I went for a cabin with outdoor rain shower - great!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Michelle S
LawakiBeachHouseFiji, Owner at Lawaki Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Bula Michelle,
are you really writing about Lawaki Beach House on Beqa? We don't have open air showers, no pool and no bar.
Look forward to your reply.
Thank you.
Christine

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I organised a group trip to Lawaki, and from the first email Christine was absolutely wonderful. Her replies were prompt, helpful and accommodating to changes. Lawaki itself is great - most of the photos I've seen don't do it justice. The food was fresh and well prepared, and Christine has clearly trained her staff really well. The rooms were comfortable, the beach is lovely with good snorkelling - people saw turtles and a white tipped reef shark, and the atmosphere was friendly and relaxed. Christine and Sam are committed to sustainability, and use a lot of their own garden produce. Can't recommend it enough!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Perdita_Reperi

Bula Perdita Reperi,
thank you for your review at Tripadvisor. We are sorry for the late reply. We are just "bathing" in the good comments to make this day our day, haha!
WE wish you all the best and hope to see you returning one day.
Regards,
Christine & Sam

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Sam, Christine and staff,
I honestly can not speak highly enough of Lawaki... Lawaki provides the best of tropical island paradise within an isolated, sustainable environment.
The only unpleasant parts of my Lawaki experience were 'the leaving' and also feeling the tranquil, relaxed state that Lawaki gave me slowly fading away.
There are coral reefs a few meters off the low tide line, fantastic reef fish populating the marine proteced area which Sam and Christine advocated for, soft grass in the deep shade of the trees along the beach where you cool off in breeze after a morning of snorkelling along the reefs.... great food, fresh vegetables from the garden, fresh caught fish (thanks for taking me out Sam), cool evenings doing nothing but chatting with Sam and Christine.
Lawaki is not for everyone - there is no disco, no crowds, no busy shopping centre, no pollution, no rubbish or traffic noise.
One of the reasons that leaving was unpleasant was the fact that we came to feel that Sam and Christine were family friends - and I'd like it to stay that way.
Seriously, one days highlight was the fact that the only sign of the outside world was the 'school boat' taking the children to the primary school. :-)
...I miss that tree growing over the ocean where we would sit in the shade at midday...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Clinton F
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Lawaki Beach House is the BEST value for money accommodation I have ever stayed at! The bures are clean, cosy and private. The food is perfect, the owners and staff will go out of their way to accommodate fussy eaters! The beach and lagoon are the most beautiful, natural places to unwind and relax. Locally owned, you know you are meeting the people 'as they are' Not like the expensive resorts where the staff are paid to look after you! Emerge yourself if local culture, visit a nearby village or school and really see how the locals live and interact with them. We visit Fiji twice a year and always come back 'home' to Lawaki, and will always do so. We have seen some HUGE improvements over the years as we were amongst the first to stay here! The new veranda is fantastic, a lovely place to sit and eat or just sit and talk! Lastly I must say - boat trips can scare me but Sam has always made me feel 100% safe on the boat trip across from Navua, and we have had some not so smooth! He is genuinely one of the best 'boat captains' (is that a word?) that I know and I now look forward to the trip. Bravo Sam! If you have any special requirements speak to Christine first and they will be accommodated. If the local shopping allows! They have found me gluten free flour and other similar things in the past.
I could keep going for hours about the beauty and peace of Lawaki!
I think we are over 10 trips to Lawaki now and it is one of the 2 places in Fiji that we will always return to, Make it your favorite also!

Room Tip: Bure 1 is our fave, further away for everything!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank princessfiona44

Bula princessfiona44,
thank you for your review! Sorry for the late reply. This is as bad as not writing a review at all!
Thank you for coming back like a real Aussie Bumerang.
Loloma, Christine, Sam and all the rest!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beqa Island
#20 of 24 in Coral Coast
Royal Davui Island Resort
Royal Davui Island Resort
#1 of 1 in Royal Davui Island

Been to Lawaki Beach House? Share your experiences!