Beqa Lagoon Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Lawaki Beach House(Beqa Island)
  • Beachfront
Lalati Resort & Spa(Beqa Island)
  • Pool
The Pearl Resort(Pacific Harbour)
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
Nanuku Auberge Resort(Pacific Harbour)
Excellent 5/5
Uprising Beach Resort(Pacific Harbour)
Waidroka Bay Resort(Korovisilou)
Excellent 5/5
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
All reviewsbeqa lagoondive staffshark divebeachfront burefiloplunge pooldive shopnon diverskoi pondfishlunch and dinnerbull sharksnight divesmall boatassigned seatingdive groupsoft corals
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 26, 2013

A very cool and friendly place to start a honeymoon! The atmosphere was perfect and we loved the little burres spread along the property. We were bummed we didn't get a beachfront burre, but it ended up not being that big of a deal. If you are going for diving, we loved the shark dive, but the other dives were fairly average in our opinion. We also flew to Taveuni island after our stay here, and the diving was some of my favorite dives thus far (in Taveuni). Just spectacular soft coral, octopus, shrimp, tuna, sharks, ect.

At Beqa, we also took a 1/2 day trip where they drop you off on a little island with snorkel gear and a lunch. This was so fun and we ended up seeing a school of baby sharks! We also booked a private dinner that was just okay. I'd recommend taking a walk to the neighboring village to see some fijian culture (and pigs along the way!).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Wow. this was my best holiday ever. for a number of reasons. But before you book, you definitely need to know....this is a dive resort, don't come here expecting fresh cocktails and canapes by the pool, candle lit romantic couples dinners or a kids club resort style extravaganza. For people coming here to dive first and foremost, you will not be disappointed, for a dive resort its quite posh (posh for a dive resort..... its definitely not posh). You all sit around a big long table for all meals. We were lucky and had a great group of people and the place was only half full so bonus, we all sat around chatting and loving the friendliness of it all. 2 boat dives are offered each day, with an occasional night dive too and unlimited shore diving if you wanted it. The boat diving was great, the soft corals extremely beautiful (and its quite hard pleasing us aussies as we have it all here anyway) but like anywhere else, their house reef is just simply okay so we didn't bother with anymore afternoon shore dives. Some people have raved about the snorkelling right off the beach... well yes you can snorkel right off the beach, but if you're an ocean lover already, don't expect it to be good. As for the shark dives, well they were fabulous but again, you should know.... Beqa lagoon doesn't actually organise these trips and they can be cancelled last minute. And yes they charge you extra to do the shark dives. But it's worth it if you want to see big sharks. Also if you're coming purely for big tiger sharks, know that they won't be there during 'mating season' which we were informed of once we got there, problem is everyone had a different time for 'Mating season' all i can tell you is they weren't there in october, and the guides hadn't seen them in a while. Thing is, i loved the place so much that i'm coming back (not in october) until i see the tigers!
As every one has already said, the staff here are truly fantastic. There's a lovely lady (torika) who does yoga every morning on the grass and finishes with a quick massage & all the staff will know your name by day 2. Spa massages are wonderful. Bures are wonderful and spread out nicely. The whole place is a bit rustic, i would call it rustic semi luxury in that the beach front bures have a private grassy yard, sundeck with little plunge pool & hammock, big comfy if a little hard bed, fresh linens, nice wooden furniture etc... its got it all. Then after you've dived and lunched they offer little excursions, school trips, village trips, waterfall etc and there's always something around dinner too, kava ceremonies, village chiors, local musicians etc...
I cried when we left, it was heart warming having them all sing this sad goodbye song to you in the boat while they're on shore waving, they're great singers. Im coming back, it's that good.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank kymfairy
Reviewed December 8, 2012

It is a long trip from Wyoming, but worth it! We spent 10 days in November of 2012. From Nadi it is a 3 1/2 hour bus ride and then 1 hour boat ride. When you see the island of Beqa for the first time you are awe struck by its beauty. The staff greets you and sings to you when you first arrive and again when you leave. The reefs are so alive and beautiful it was truly amazing! The dive boats could use some tlc, but the dive masters were wonderful. The food at the resort was wonderful, a lot of local items were served. We spent extra to have a cabin by the sea, I felt it was worth it. We really enjoyed the school visit and the entertainment provided by the local villages. There are no roads on this island, no phones,clocks, tvs or radios,which was just fine with us. We would go back again!

Room Tip: Pay extra to enjoy the view of the sea after traveling so far.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank scm59
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The reason for my trip was for one reason and one reason only, the Beqa Lagoon Shark dive. If you are making this trip for the shark dive you might be better off contacting Aqua-Trek who actually run the dive. Aqua-Trek does the dive Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday whereas Beqa Lagoon Resort (BLR) only does the dive on Wednesday and Friday. After traveling 6,000 miles for the dive it was worth all of my troubles but I would not recommend pursuing this option through BLR. Upon arriving at the airport the transportation vehicles were run down, rusty, old and lacked air conditioning. The dive boats at the resort were old, broken down and the majority were dry docked during my stay. The rooms have no external locks unless specifically requested and I had approximately $130 USD missing from my belongings upon departure. The beds were hard as rock and made for a miserable sleeping experience. If you toss and turn at night and sleep with someone else in the bed, good luck. And if you like long, hot showers, this also isn't the place for you. DISCLOSURE: BLR is very remote and the resort is powered by a diesel generator. You need to keep this in mind as it relates to the availability of services and possible in room power surges when charging expensive electronics. The dive boats were not organized according to skill level or dive site interest with bigger groups being kept together which often lead to dive sites suited for the weakest link. If you are looking for a resort that will go to more advanced dive sites (drift dives, walls or deep) this is NOT the resort for you. For anyone that is not booking this resort through a group be advised that this is a DIVE RESORT. There are very few activities to do unless you are scuba diving. And lastly, while the shark dive was the most amazing experience of my life, Beqa Lagoon requires an additional fee for these dives (~$90 USD when substituting for other dive days or ~$150 USD if adding a day of diving). This was NEVER disclosed and felt like a gotcha fee.

I will say that management is very aware of the run down nature of the resort and is currently stuck unless ownership invests heavily which doesn't appear to be on the horizon. The staff at BLR was top notch and by day 2 everyone there knows your name. The dive team is extremely helpful and you can't find more friendly people any where in the world!!! The food is great (although service is slow) but it is nearly impossible to get additional meals beside the predetermined breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you are interested in wi-fi, good luck, its horrendous and costs about $30 USD during your stay. You are better off sharing the password with another guest(s) and splitting the cost. At the end of your trip you will pay for the additional drinks, dives, spa, etc as no money is exchanged for services until the end. Be advised that BLR will give you a HORRIBLE exchange rate. Use your credit card or convert cash on the main land to the local currency. Also, if you are going back to America upon departure, the boat leaving BLR departs Beqa island around 8am and arrives at the airport around noon for a 11 pm flight. I would advise you to book a day room or half day tour to kill time.

In summary, despite the staff, I would NEVER return to BLR unless drastic changes were made prior to my arrival and I had some written method of recourse if things were as bad as they were during my November 2012 trip.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
9  Thank Scott D
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We choose this place for the true Fiji experience and Trust me it met everything we were looking for! The boat ride from Veta Levu is a great start to your trip! To see the islands on your ride out to your island, it is a breath taking! It started raining on the ride out, and the staff was waiting on the shore with fresh flower lays and umbrella's for us! Staff, are so helpful, they are welcoming, they truly take pride in their resort! The bures were so nice! The plunge pools and patio's so...... private! Nice for laying in the sun in morning after breakfast! The village trips are the most incredible thing I have ever done on a trip, the school children entertained our group with songs, we got to take a tour of their school, make sure you take money with you because you will want to make a donation! We also went to the other village one day to meet the chief of the village, the people are amazing. Women must have their shoulders covered up, and men must where a surong or skirt like thing to go. You can buy right at the gift shop! The food was amazing! I couldn't wait each night to see what I had picked and how they were going to present it, I am telling you, they take pride in their work! The pool was lovely, clean and nice! My husband is a diver and I like to snorkle, the beach had some of the most beautiful snorkeling I have ever seen, you could just take off right from the small beach, by youself!
The fruit bats and parrots are amazing to watch in the evenings! Take part in everything they offer you to do, you will love it! The kava experience awesome. The fire walkers were so cool, How do they do that????? I am telling you, you can not go wrong with Beqa Island beach resort!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple