Lalati Resort & Spa
Beqa Lagoon Resort(Beqa Island)
$256
$248
  • Beachfront
$1,012
$792
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Uprising Beach Resort(Pacific Harbour)(Great Value!)
$116
$71
  • Breakfast included
The Pearl Resort(Pacific Harbour)(Great Value!)
$195
$105
  • Breakfast included
Nanuku Auberge Resort(Pacific Harbour)
$761
$666
Waidroka Bay Resort(Korovisilou)
$167
$134
  • Pool
Kulu Bay Resort(Beqa Island)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshoneymoon villabat islandhappy hourthe managersfoot massageother guestssunset cruisedive shopfishvillage tourlalati staffshark diveocean frontrum punchlocal villagethrough luxury escapeskava ceremony
Reviewed January 30, 2013

While the resort can be very nice for most people there are a couple of important points to be aware of. The sea view bures are very tired with dirty cushioned seating and not well maintained. Both managers, Paul and Kirstin separately said separately that they agreed and Kirstin said later that is why they are lower price. We had to upgrade to the ocean view bures which were much nicer.
You also should be aware of a couple of other points: 1. Ask questions about the excursions as some are very nice and some are not obvious what is involved. (ie village visit was special, fire walking and sunset trip was good, 45 minute waterfall hike was 1 hour each way in waste high brush at times in rough footing without a path, kayak trip was okay but a guide only followed you and was not necessary and line fishing seemed to be to places without any fish). 2. Make sure you do get extra charges. Paul insisted that a 4.5% credit card fee was required until Kirstin told him that the Fiji law did not the charge anymore.
Positive points are mentioned by other reviews are well taken, with friendly employees, nice welcome with singing, flowers and coconut drink, high quality food except for raw tuna, quiet location with nice view and location from ocean front bures.

Room Tip: Do not take sea view unless you want a poorly maintained place with dirty seating and need to save money
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TravelingKeats
Lalatiowners, Public Relations Manager at Lalati Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for your honest opinion about your Lalati experience. I certainly do hope you enjoyed your birthday dinner and special cake the staff made just for you, to celebrate your day.

The Seaview Cottages are definitely our entry level accommodations. We use these for guests who are on a budget, but want to experience our beautiful staff and magnificent setting. They are priced lower than the deluxe (Villas) and premier (Honeymoon Suites) accommodations. Because of their pricing, they tend to be always populated. We have gone through and are painting the cottages and refurbishing each one. We invite you back to check it out - they are definitely no longer "tired" after having a week break each to get "lovelyed up!

A note about the activities ... the waterfall trek can be 45 minutes or 1 hour, it all depends on how fast you trek! In the compediums in each room is a description of each activity. The mountain hike and waterfall trek are both listed as "challenging." Fiji, and Beqa Island, is a tropical oasis - full of fragrant blossoms and lush green rainforests. The soil is rich, and you can drop a papaya seed into the ground, come back a year later and a full fruited tree will be where the seed once was.

Because of this, the waterfall trek and mountain hikes can be challenging as they are not on traditional tourist paths. They are actual treks through the rainforest, which is why your guides carry cane knives to cut through the brush. The scenery is breathtaking, raw and authentic. It is definitely not a hike with path and handrails, but a true trek through the rainforest. I apologize if you didn't realize this, and maybe we should be a bit more specific that these activities aren't a "created for the tourist only" kind of experience.

You are correct, anyone can hop into our kayaks and explore the coastline. We do recommend that if you are going to kayak to Bat Island, to bring one of our guides. They are expert at scaring up the huge sleeping fruit bats who live on the island, and to see them fly overhead is something. We all think they look like pterodactyls! The guides are also keen-eyed and can show you wild orchids that hang from the trees and other hidden treasures.

Happy you enjoyed our fresh cuisine. Raw tuna (actually, it's seared tuna) is the way most culinary experts agree is the proper way to prepare and serve fresh tuna. I am like you, I enjoy mine cooked through. If you were not pleased with the doneness of your tuna, I certainly hope you told one of our beautiful Fijian servers - the chef would have been more than happy to prepare it for you "your way." Always! A guest's happiness is always our utmost concern.

If you do plan another trip to Fiji, I invite you to contact me and we'll show you some of our wonderful upgrades and changes we've made - new beaches, added menu items from our latest guest chef, villa upgrades and more. We love to wow our returning guests!

Again, thank you for taking time to share your thoughts. We appreciate your time and effort, and want you to know that your remarks on the cottage were acted upon!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Indescribably perfect dive trip location for anyone wanting to get off the "beaten path". One of only (3) resorts on Bequa Island, just 45 minutes off the eastern coast of Fiji.

If you want to go to a remote dive resort, where the setting is on the edge of a jungle, the lodging so comfortable & private, the staff cheerful & well trained to help you in every way, look no further.

Kristi & Paul, the resort managers are engaging, listen to your every request and do pretty much everything that is humanly possible to make sure you have a great time.

Feel free to contact my friends at Ocean First Divers in Boulder CO if you want additional testimonials.

Nisswa Bob

Room Tip: There are (4) huts on the ocean and (4) huts set back a bit. I recommend the ocean huts for a view that has the waves lapping on your steps.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Lalatiowners, Public Relations Manager at Lalati Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

So happy that your dive trip was all you expected! We love the beauty of Beqa Island and the kaleidoscope of colors you see underwater in Beqa Lagoon. The staff said your group was wonderful and everyone enjoyed hosting your scuba holiday. You are welcome back any time - and check with us for a returnees special!

Just as a clarification - we actually have 5 Oceanfront Villas, 3 cottages that are set back, 1 honeymoon villa on the ocean and another one set back - so 10 in all.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us and the Trip Advisor readers!

Susan, Marketing Director

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed at Lalati Resort & Spa in October 2012, and although the weather was not the best, we had a wonderful relaxing family holiday with some great memories. Its a clean, quite and well-managed resort with good food choices and the local staff are exceptionally friendly people. We also meet some honeymooners that also loved the island expereince. As divers, we spent most of out time scuba diving with Ian and Zara (who took my 13 year old son for his junior advanced diving course). We have been to a few dive resorts in the South Pacific and this dive centre is one of the best - the instructors are very professional. The dive sites have some beautiful soft corals and the Shark dive experience is a great buzz !!!!..So if you what a great family dive holiday - think about Lalati !!! - we shall be going back one day.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more and get one of the ocean front rooms - excellent !!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Waterdragon62

VINAKA VAKA LEVU - thank you for your lovely words and thoughts shared on Trip Advisor. I, too, love the colors of the corals and fish at Lalati Resort & Spa, and Beqa Lagoon. We're so happy you enjoyed the instructors and staff as well - we feel they are quite special!

Your photos are magnificent! We'd love to steal some if possible - it's difficult to find great underwater photos. If you have some you are willing to share, we'd love it!

Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know how your family dive holiday went.

LOLOMAS - Susan, Marketing Director

Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and I had the most amazing honeymoon at Lalati Restort & Spa!! We wanted a place that we felt secluded from the normal hussel and bussel...this was the perfect place. Most of our stay we felt completely alone and at peace. I can't express how wonderful the staff was. Thank you Kirsti, Paul, Ian and Zara for making our stay special and comfortable. I immediately felt at home from the moment we stepped on the dock.

We went on many excursions (Kayak trip to bat island, snorkeling safari, nature trek, sunset cruise, firewalking, village visit, private beach picnic) which we enjoyed all of them. Thank you to Atu and Kula for being the best tourist guides, we enjoyed our conversations we had with you and made us feel like family.

The food was outstanding and everything we ate was very filling, we never were hungry while staying at Lalati. The chicken strudel was especially yummy, I wish I could find the recipe. LOL! We had a private dinner by the pool and a private dinner on our patio. It was perfect to just be the two of us. The mosquitoes were very bad and we got eaten up a lot but it seemed that almost everywhere we went, someone had a mosquitoe coil burning at our feet which helped keep them away. At happy hour, breakfast and even each night when our bed was turned down we had a mosquitoe coil. I guess it's the little things that make for an amazing resort.

The spa was outstanding. We had a couple massages and I had a facial and pedicure. Thank you Mary and Ollie!! You both are amazing. I got burned pretty bad too while I was there so Ollie and Mary offered me a burn treatment and it worked so good, within a few days my burn was gone and I recommend this to anyone that gets a bit too much sun while at Lalati.

Our room was great! The bed was very comfortable and we slept really good every single night, I was actually afraid we would miss breakfast cause we slept so well. :)

Our last night at Lalati the staff put together a bon fire which was so awesome, especially since it was our last night. The moon was full and just looked amazing beaming off the ocean. The view at Lalati was nothing like we have ever seen. We just wanted to sit and stare at it forever. No cars running, no power lines destroying the view... only peacefulness and serenity. We couldn't have asked for a better honeymoon.

The day we left I was so sad because I did not want to leave. I felt like we were leaving friends and family. Thank goodness I had my sunglasses on because I had many tears of joy and sadness. Thank you Lalati for making our honeymoon the most amazing trip ever! Can't wait to see you again!

Room Tip: We stayed in Ocean View #2 and it was perfect, not too far from the pool/bar/etc, but not too close either.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Amber B

So happy you had the honeymoon you dreamed it would be! And we are so happy to have been a part of it.

I've been looking through the kitchen for years trying to find that chicken strudel recipe too! Unfortunately, it's in the chef's head. And she's not talking.

I'm glad you enjoyed our spa. The therapists are all "bibas" - meaning, they are not only trained, but they possess that certain something that you can't learn, but that is passed down through the generations. The treatment for sunburn is called "dilo" and its from the nut of a local tree. You can also purchase this from Pure Fiji. It really is magic for burns. But then again, there is magic found all through the rainforest, a beautiful pharmacology is hidden in there. I'm sure you learned about it all during your herbal walk with our staff.

We love our little tucked away paradise at Lalati Resort & Spa - and so glad you did too. Don't forget us on your anniversary - we always have a few surprises for our returning guests! VINAKA VAKA LEVU and return to your Lalati family again!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed Lalati Resort and Spa for 5 nights on our honeymoon and it was amazing. The resort has a very intimate feel which is exactly what we were looking for in our honeymoon. The resort has a maximum capacity of about 18 people so you definitely have a very personal experience. We got to know and make friends with all the guest (usually over a drink at happy hour) staying at the resort during our stay.

The staff was great always very nice and accommodating. The food was to die for every night day. I looked at several websites and companies when looking for a honeymoon package and after talking with Tree at South Seas Adventures I was set on Lalati for it's great price and intimacy.

Room Tip: Bring beer from the mainland!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank karim_7777
Lalatiowners, Public Relations Manager at Lalati Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

We are so happy you shared your honeymoon with us! It's so nice to feel that all of Lalati Resort & Spa staff and management fulfilled your dreams of a perfect honeymoon. I agree - the staff is wonderful and the food fresh and yummy. When I visit the resort I always remind myself to "just say no" to the desserts, but one look at that hot chocolate souffle, and I'm a goner!

We are an intimate resort in Beqa Island, and I agree that it makes us a bit special - being a world away from the crowds, and even roads! So happy you appreciated the intimacy of a beautiful Beqa Lagoon resort, and that it suited you well. This makes all of us smile that we did the best job we could. And kudos to your agent - Tree at South Seas Adventures - for finding you the perfect romantic escape! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments in a Trip Advisor review. VINAKA VAKA LEVU!

Susan, Marketing Director, Lalati Resort & Spa