Lalati Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Beqa Lagoon Resort(Beqa Island)
  • Beachfront
Lawaki Beach House(Beqa Island)
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
Uprising Beach Resort(Pacific Harbour)
  • Pool
The Pearl Resort(Pacific Harbour)
  • Breakfast included
Nanuku Auberge Resort(Pacific Harbour)
Waidroka Bay Resort(Korovisilou)
  • Pool
All reviewshoneymoon villabat islandhappy hourthe managersfoot massageother guestssunset cruisedive shopfishvillage tourlalati staffshark diveocean frontrum punchlocal villagethrough luxury escapeskava ceremony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My husband and I were fortunate enough to get to spend 11 nights at Lalati Resort for our honeymoon. We spent the first week we were there doing all of the activities that were offered by the resort and then the last few days were lazy days doing much of nothing.
We happened to come in with 2 other couples that were married the same day that we were and all us connected immediately which made for a very nice atmosphere. Also the staff were incredible. From the time that we arrived we were greeted with "Bula" every where we went.
I was quite prepared for the resort because I had read so many reviews on this site. So the little quirks of it being an outer island didn't bother me in the least.

The activities that are offered are varied and you can do as little or as much as you want to or can afford to do. There are a few free activities which are right around the resort or in the local village. We enjoyed going to the village and seeing the locals. Be prepared for them to sell you little trinkets however. We didn't bring much cash and had to send one of the locals back with cash. On a side note however, I was disappointed that the trinkets are not items that the local make but things that they purchase on the main island, mark up and then sell to the tourists. I would have rather just made a donation and bought items at the the duty free store on the way to/from Nadi.

For a small fee you can do some of the other activities. I felt that the prices we paid were very resonable for the experience that we got. We did the Waterfall trek (and it is quite a trek), guided kayaking tour, guided snorkeling trip, private island picnic for a day, pier dinner, sunset rum punch cruise, attended a rugby match, 2 -1 hour massages, village tour and village church service. Some of the items were included in the package that we purchased before we arrived. I would highly recommend buying a package as it seemed that it was less expensive, but we still added on some of the above things beyond what our package covered.

The resort has a newer generator and I believe are getting a back up generator soon if they haven't already. We did not experience any power outages that previous guests had reported (dimming lights occassionally in the evening), nor did we have any issues with hot water in the shower (the most being we had to play with the knobs occasionally)

All the guests do eat dinner at the same time and have the option of either sitting at a table for 2 or at one of the other tables that allowed for other guests to join. We are very social so often my husband and I opted for the shared table. I felt because of this we had a very enjoyable stay and got to know people from around the world that we would not have otherwise had the opportunity to meet.

All in all it was a great trip...much thanks to Ala, Lui, Sela, Kula, Mere, Paul, Josiah, Kirstie, Paul (white), Ian, Zara, and Chantal. Vinaka Vaka Levu....we can't wait to come back.

Kristie and Tony Sayers.

Room Tip: We stayed in Ocean Front 2, it was very lovely and fit us nicely it was very quiet and offers an amazing view of the sunrise if you are up early. I did get a chance to see the Honeymoon villa and if I had the chance I would definately love to stay in it. You have a separate patio area with a private hot tub with doors that open to the ocean...Gorgeous!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kristie S
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I have so many wonderful things to say about Lalati that I have no idea where to start from.

The minute Mark and I arrived at Lalati my first expression was "wow". Lalati resort is located in a beautiful island. We were celebrating our honeymoon, and had a diving package as well. I can honestly say that we could have not chosen a better place to celebrate this very special ocassion.

The minute we arrived it felt like heaven. The staff greeted us with a beautiful song, delicious coconut drink, and a foot massage to die for, after a very long trip all the way from Miami.

The staff Ala, Chantelle, Rush, Lui, Kirsty, Paul and everyone else we did not have mention because either they worked in the kitchen or other areas, they do an amazing job at keeping Lalati very beautiful, and with great atmosphere.

My husband, and I have stayed before in 5 star resorts, and I must say the warmth, kindness, and new friends we found at Lalati was the best, and this is the first time we ever experience these feelings while on vacations. They would always refer to all the guests by their first name, and this was very impressive as we have never experienced this before.

Paul and Kirsty are the resort's manager, and they were always around to ask us if we were ok, and if we needed anything to please not hesitate to let them know. They own a dog called Dogg, he is awesome, and gorgeous. Great companion.

We stayed in frontbeach bure, it was beautifully decorated and very spacious. We experienced the most beautiful sunrises, and sunsets from our room. The housekeeper was great at cleaning our room, and making sure everything was clean.

Meals - As previously mentioned before by other reviewers, the menus were set, but you did have several options to choose from, and I loved every meal I had. There were plenty activities to burn those calories from kayaking, to Mountain Trek which is a must as you would be able to experience the most beautiful views from the top of the mountians, taerfall tour, diving, snorkeling, village and school visit a must as you could experience true fijian culture. There was so much to do that we had wished we could have stayed longer.

Diving Staff and Center - Ian and Zara are in charge of the diving center, and they do a great job to ensure you are fully satisfied. Every morning after we enjoyed our breakfast we headed to our boat, and everything was ready for us, all we had to ensure was of our buddy checks, which only you are responsible for your safety. After we would finish diving they would also take care of the tanks, and rinsing our equipment. Thank you Ian and Zara for making our lives much easier.The diving sites were out of this world. Mark and I were fortunate to dive among beautiful corals, sharks, and plenty of fishes to see. My favorite fish is the Moorish Idol, and every dive site I saw so many of them. This was a dream come true for me.

I can go on and on writing about Lalati, but what I can truly say is that if you are looking for a remote place away from all the craziness, and filled with te most friendliest people in the world than Lalati is for you.

I was so sad to leave that as the staff sang the Llalati goodbye song I could not stop crying, and gave Ala a big hug.

I am still trying to figure out why people have posted bad reviews because honestly considering all the places we have extensively vacationed at nothing compares to Lalati.

Lalati will always hold a special place in our hearts, and will not hesitate to go back. We will renew our vows at this fabulous place.

Vinaka,

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank yudisleidy
Reviewed August 10, 2012

There is Fiji and then there is Lalati Resort. To appreciate all that this place provides to couples as well as families who take the 'risk' when going there is something that cannot be properly explained with just words. How a family of four with two being teenagers can become so attached to the culture, the place and the people within just ten days was the most important part of this experience. The obvious exists in plenty - great location, perfect scenery, great food, plenty of activities if you so choose. The connection made cannot be measured but definitely will be treasured. Thanks to the staff and the fellow guests who helped us build life-long memories and friendships across the globe. After all, isn't this what we all strive for from any vacation anywhere we go? Living and making life-long connections. Till we see all of you again. Thanks for the fun, the laughs, the memories and the friendships.

Ricci Family

Room Tip: Don't expect a typical resort. This is in the middle of a rain forest in an outer island in Fiji. Great 'bure'. They definitely grow on you and match the surroundings.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I was recently fortunate enough to spend 10 glorious nights at Lalati Resort & Spa. I cannot praise the management & staff highly enough. From the moment we arrived to the moment we departed, we were treated like a long lost friend. The staff repeatedly go out of their way to ensure your stay is as enjoyable as possible.

We chose to stay in a beachfront bure which lived up to all my expectations. Each bure is beautifully furnished and could easily accommodate 4 adults making a stay at the resort very cost effective. Our own private hammock was the perfect location for relaxing with a good book whilst working on my tan, and the front steps to the bure the perfect spot to watch a beautiful sunrise.

Whilst there may not be a large choice at mealtimes given the set menus (understandable considering the remote location), the food on offer is amazing and certainly bountiful. I was a little worried about having to roll home.

Thankfully there were plenty of activities on offer to help burn off all that glorious food! These being cleverly scheduled such that mid-morning can be spent snorkelling, handline fishing, a mountain trek or a waterfall hike, arriving back at the resort in time for lunch. Afternoons can be spent with a language lesson, coconut demonstration, a village tour or watching a local rugby match (a must). You can do as much as you like or as little as you want. The choice is yours.

Whilst not a diver myself, there were a number of other guests during our stay who thoroughly enjoyed the facilities on offer and came back with the photos and stories to prove it.

With breathtaking scenery, wonderful facilities and amazing staff, Lalati Resort & Spa is truly a place to feed the soul. I certainly intend to visit again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Catrina81
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Hello to everyone out there reading this, if you are then you are wondering like I was if Lalati is a place for you. I can tell you that I have never been to Fiji before and I had really no idea where to start. Lucky I came across a wonderful travel agent named Dick Beaulieu who owns Impulse Fiji (http://www.impulsefiji.com). Dick is a wonderful man who has lived in Fiji for quite sometime. He is friendly, attentative and listens to your needs. He made this whole experience as stress free as possible.

Ok now about the resort. Not only is the resort set on the beautiful remote Island of Beqa, but it is nessled away inside a secluded lagoon. The resort is very small and quaint which is exactly what we were looking for. My wife (finace at the time) and I decided to get married in Fiji and Dick recommended that we get married at Lalati resort, what a great experience. The wedding was all organzied for us. On this trip we brought our girls, one 11 and one 15, and Ollie (wedding coordinator) did the girls and my wifes make up, hair and made sure their dresses were pressed, cleaned and ready. The girls could not have been more relaxed and stress free before a wedding. My wife absolutly loved the whole experience and couldnt have been happier, which in turn, as you men know, made me verrrrryyyyy happy!!! :)

The accomodations at the resort are excellent. We had the 2 bedroom beachfront villa for 7 nights and then the Honeymoon Beach Front Villa for two nights. The 2 bedroom was very spacious. The master bedroom has a private entrance and closing sliding doors that seperate it from the main room where one queen bed or two single beds can be set up. The Honeymoon villa is absolutely gorgeous and has a beautiful patio with a waterfall, daybed, outside shower and a hottub. The hottub on the patio has sliding doors that can be open so that you can stare at the ocean while soaking.
The food at Lalati was absolutely wonderful. We did not have one bad meal while we were there. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were outstanding. Because we came in on a Saturday we were lucky enough to have the Fijian cookout twice! Yummy. My favorite meal was the lamb shank we had for dinner one night (unbelievably moist and tender).

Lalati is a tidal beach and this is expressed everywhere you read about Lalati. So please dont get there and then be like "there is no white sandy beach, whats going on" duh read first. lol sorry, just some of the review in here made me laugh when I read them before we went. Any way if you are looking for a white sandy beach there is a nice private one just a very short kayak north. Lalati, as stated before, is small quaint resort so do not expect to have craziness all around as you would in a large resort (thank God there are not). They have activites that can be done everyday. You can eitehr organize this when you get to Lalati or better yet plan ahead and get a list of activities they are offering and inform the resort of what you want to do. The staff is very accomidating and will do their best to service all your needs. Kayaking, snorkeling, private island, village tours, mountain treks or just relaxing poolside or in the hottub they will treat you as family.

Ok that brings me to the best part about Lalati resort and that is the wonderful managers and staff. Kristy and Paul are just outstanding!!!!! and will try and accomidate all your wishes and requests. If you are traveling from the UK or if you can get your hands on some Jelly Babies candy(from the UK) then Paul will go the extra mile for you and whatever you want! lol sorry Paul I had too. Kristy will do the same for Flying Saucer (Satellite Wafers). They are both wonderful people that really know how to make your trip feel special. As for the rest of the staff I cant say enough on how beautiful, wonderful, enjoyable and special they really are. They are the most caring and appreciative people we have ever meet during our travels and our travels have taken us to all ends of this extrodinary world. Ollie, Chantelle, Sisa, Cisal, Paul, Kula, Mary and Lui thank you all for being the great people you are, you really did take this trip from being amazing to spectacular.

If you decide to go to Lalati please be mindful of the villagers traditons and heritage. Take the time to get to know the people and understand how Fiji used to be and is now. The people are more than happy to share their experiences and knowledge with you, just ask. If you can bring clothes, shoes, etc for the men, women and children it is the best gift in the world to them. Childrens school supplies are also a wonderful gift.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Bula, Vinaka and Moce to Lalati resort, village and staff we will seen you again real soon!

Room Tip: Beach Front Honeymoon Villa
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family