“Ori Ana (Ana Roa Cabin) - Nice Stay and Hosts”
Review of Te'ora

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Easter Island
Te'ora
Midwest
“Ori Ana (Ana Roa Cabin) - Nice Stay and Hosts”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We contacted Sharon about staying at Te'ora. Since we needed two beds and Te'ora did not have a two-bed ocean view unit available, we rented the Ana Roa cabin at Ori Ana through Sharon. Ori Ana is owned by Sharon's manager, Oriana, and Oriana's husband, Nato.

When we arrived at IPC airport, we were greeted by Sharon's assistant, Daniela. She showed us the town as she transported us to Ori Ana. Once at the cabin, Daniela made sure we were settled, introduced us to Oriana, and we were able to relax to the view and sound of ocean waves. When we took our eyes off the waves, we observed the cabin had all of the necessities -- a gas stove with oven, refrigerator with freezer compartment, electric tea kettle, dishes, utensils/flatware, dish towels, round dining table, pots and pans, bath and beach towels, soap, toilet paper, etc. The cabin also has hot water along with chairs indoors and outdoors (on the cabin's deck which faces the ocean).

Oriana and her family were very accommodating and helped with everything we asked. Nato even gave us a CD of some great island music as a going away gift. We couldn't have asked for more gracious hosts. While Oriana's home is near the cabin (as another reviewer mentioned), the family was not intrusive in any way.

By the way, although I never met Sharon, she was very responsive via e-mail. She provided lots of great information about tours, what to expect and various tips prior to our arrival on Easter Island. We had a problem with our LAN flight being canceled due to high winds on Easter Island, and Sharon adjusted our tours and details accordingly without a problem.

Room Tip: The Ana Roa cabin is the larger of the two at Ori Ana and has the better views. Buy your park pass...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We stayed in Te'Ora for 4 nights in June 2012, in the largest cabin on the second floor. This hotel is great for couples who want privacy - we barely saw any of the other guests and were left completely alone, with the cell phone number of the assistant, if help was required. The room also had all the necessary conveniences - small fridge, sink and stove, with a little kitchen table and seating area.

The room overlooks the main road in front of the ocean - the ocean view was beautiful. The location is a bit out of the main part of town (which we preferred), but still easily within walking distance to restaurants. We had a few night storms while we stayed there, which completely hammered the building (complete with pounding rain on the tin roof and shaking of the building). I was actually a bit scared two of the nights because the storms were so violent and loud!

My only complaints were that even though we stayed for 4 days, there was no room cleaning service to remove garbage and tidy up. Also, the bathroom had a bit of a sewer smell, which bothered me.

Sharon and her assistant Daniela were helpful in setting up tours for us and getting us settled in when we arrived. I found it a bit strange that they didn't come around more to see how things were going - I never met Sharon in person, only corresponded on email prior to the visit (where she offered many helpful suggestions of things to bring and do).

Also, make sure you shop for food before settling in as breakfast places do not open until late on the island (definitely not before 9 AM, and even then we could find no coffee shop that served any food until much later) so you'll want to have things to eat before you start your day. This hotel does not serve breakfast like many of the other ones.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Excellent. Laid back, low profile, with an EXCELLENT view, 4 rooms (or 3 maybe) with super comfortable beds, soft sheets and pillows. Sharon is very helpful and nice, she gives you a city tour on arrival that will guide you to the nicest places, both tourist and non tourist. If you expect a normal hotel with daily cleaning and 24 hour reception, this is not the place, but that is exactly why I liked it. It is for travelers more than for tourists. Plus it is close to the center, but not in the center. Other cabins look nice but these are far away.
No doubt you will have a great stay there. The only thing that could be improved is the shower upstairs is a bit difficult to regulate, so you either burn or you freeze, still, that would not stop me from going back. Don´t even doubt it, this is the place to stay in an island with such a wonderful, interesting and authentic culture.

Room Tip: I stayed upstairs and it was GREAT, the view was amazing: directly to the ocean. Really amazing. How...
Isle of Man
Reviewed May 8, 2012

My partner and I stayed here for 5 nights and the only problem was, that it wasnt long enough!! Teora is a beautifully small business that creates a wonderful personal friendly setting. Sharon was truly charming and attentitve to us and went beyond the call of duty helping us out with certain issues (namely Iberia Airlines!!!) The cabins are lovely and teh cabin upstairs has a lovely balcony so you can see the sun set over the pacific, a perfect way to wind day the day with a glass of red wine. We met some other travellers at Teora and really truly enjoyed their company by meeting up in the courtyard for a fwe bottles of wine, which Sharon joined us. Sharon is very cheap to entertain, one or two sips of wine and she gets dizzy :-) Sharon made our trip to Easter Island unforgetable and I can't thank Sharon enough! On departure, Sharon gaves us a Rapa Nui necklace with a seashell and feather attached, its to protect us and guide us home safely. However, if we return to Easter Island, we must return the shell to the Ocean - I can't wait to return this shell to the ocean from where it came from. Jason

Room Tip: All are lovely, but try the room with the balcony overlooking the pacific.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank IsleofManManxman
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I stayed in the more expensive upstairs unit and it was amazing. The owner, Sharon, and her assistant, Dani, were very helpful. Sharon was excellent with email before the trip in helping me organize the trip and provided me with a lot of helpful hints before I got there. The unit had excellent views since I was on the second floor. One of the few accomodations on the island that had amazing views of the water and sunset. Most of the accomodations on the island are not on the waterfront or if they are they are set away from it. Te'ora is right there next to the water. Just the road separates you from the water. The unit has a big bed, small living room area with sofa, bathroom and operating kitchen with stove and fridge. Outside downstairs there is a small community porch (share with two other units) that also has a stove and fridge. Town is only a five minute walk. Sharon also drove me to and from the airport. When arriving she meet me just outside the airport building after I picked up my bags. Excellent place. Highly recommended. Even the more expensive places on the island do not look like an upgrade on Te'ora.

Room Tip: Upstairs unit has amazing views with small porch, kitchen, and bathroom. Two downstairs unit do not...
Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Isle of Man, UK
Reviewed May 5, 2012

My partner and I stayed here for 5 nights. Sharon the owner is charming and we will never forget her. She was so helpful when my luggage was lost and arrived a day late and she drove me back to the airport to collect it. Her local knowledge is great and she is very enthusiastic and eager to help her guests.

Sharon organised the tours and the car hire and took some of the stress and work out of it for us. Tours were excellent with Green Island Tours, ran by a Kiwi called Marc, very well informed and interesting. You really need a minimum of 5 days to see everything at a comfortable pace. We found taking the tours first, then hiring a car for a couple of days to do our own exploring the best approach.

The cabins are clean, cute and cosy. Tip: Book the upstairs one with the view of the Ocean. We really enjoyed our stay on Easter Island, a truly unique experience and made all the better thanks to Te'ora and Sharon. Big hugs to you Sharon.

Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We stayed for a week in "Iti," the smallest of T'ora's units. Cosy, but not totally cramped. (I do seem to travel with more than I ever need). We were quite comfortable. Sharon, the owner was onsite and very comfortable to be with. We shared some outdoor cooking and lounging space and conversation. Given the cost of everything on the island, the opportunity to cook for ourselves was a blessing. Sharon is very knowledgable about the island, cultural issues and was very helpful with suggestions of what to see and quickly connected us with tour and car rental folks. Her staff seem just as dedicated to helping Te'ora's guests as well.

Room Tip: Each room has its plusses and minuses. Just ask Sharon and you should end up with the one just right...