“Humbling and Spiritual, a truly unique experience”
Review of Te'ora

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Easter Island
Te'ora
Reviewed May 8, 2012

My partner and I stayed here for 5 nights and the only problem was, that it wasnt long enough!! Teora is a beautifully small business that creates a wonderful personal friendly setting. Sharon was truly charming and attentitve to us and went beyond the call of duty helping us out with certain issues (namely Iberia Airlines!!!) The cabins are lovely and teh cabin upstairs has a lovely balcony so you can see the sun set over the pacific, a perfect way to wind day the day with a glass of red wine. We met some other travellers at Teora and really truly enjoyed their company by meeting up in the courtyard for a fwe bottles of wine, which Sharon joined us. Sharon is very cheap to entertain, one or two sips of wine and she gets dizzy :-) Sharon made our trip to Easter Island unforgetable and I can't thank Sharon enough! On departure, Sharon gaves us a Rapa Nui necklace with a seashell and feather attached, its to protect us and guide us home safely. However, if we return to Easter Island, we must return the shell to the Ocean - I can't wait to return this shell to the ocean from where it came from. Jason

Room Tip: All are lovely, but try the room with the balcony overlooking the pacific.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank IsleofManManxman

Reviewed May 6, 2012

I stayed in the more expensive upstairs unit and it was amazing. The owner, Sharon, and her assistant, Dani, were very helpful. Sharon was excellent with email before the trip in helping me organize the trip and provided me with a lot of helpful hints before I got there. The unit had excellent views since I was on the second floor. One of the few accomodations on the island that had amazing views of the water and sunset. Most of the accomodations on the island are not on the waterfront or if they are they are set away from it. Te'ora is right there next to the water. Just the road separates you from the water. The unit has a big bed, small living room area with sofa, bathroom and operating kitchen with stove and fridge. Outside downstairs there is a small community porch (share with two other units) that also has a stove and fridge. Town is only a five minute walk. Sharon also drove me to and from the airport. When arriving she meet me just outside the airport building after I picked up my bags. Excellent place. Highly recommended. Even the more expensive places on the island do not look like an upgrade on Te'ora.

Room Tip: Upstairs unit has amazing views with small porch, kitchen, and bathroom. Two downstairs unit do not...
Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 5, 2012

My partner and I stayed here for 5 nights. Sharon the owner is charming and we will never forget her. She was so helpful when my luggage was lost and arrived a day late and she drove me back to the airport to collect it. Her local knowledge is great and she is very enthusiastic and eager to help her guests.

Sharon organised the tours and the car hire and took some of the stress and work out of it for us. Tours were excellent with Green Island Tours, ran by a Kiwi called Marc, very well informed and interesting. You really need a minimum of 5 days to see everything at a comfortable pace. We found taking the tours first, then hiring a car for a couple of days to do our own exploring the best approach.

The cabins are clean, cute and cosy. Tip: Book the upstairs one with the view of the Ocean. We really enjoyed our stay on Easter Island, a truly unique experience and made all the better thanks to Te'ora and Sharon. Big hugs to you Sharon.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We stayed for a week in "Iti," the smallest of T'ora's units. Cosy, but not totally cramped. (I do seem to travel with more than I ever need). We were quite comfortable. Sharon, the owner was onsite and very comfortable to be with. We shared some outdoor cooking and lounging space and conversation. Given the cost of everything on the island, the opportunity to cook for ourselves was a blessing. Sharon is very knowledgable about the island, cultural issues and was very helpful with suggestions of what to see and quickly connected us with tour and car rental folks. Her staff seem just as dedicated to helping Te'ora's guests as well.

Room Tip: Each room has its plusses and minuses. Just ask Sharon and you should end up with the one just right...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed for three nights (rather than our intended six, due to flight changes) in Ana Ori (I think that was the name), not actually part of Te'ora but run by the family of Sharon's (Te'ora's owner) assistant... The cabin consisted of one large room with a kitchenette, double bed, single bed and pullout bed, plus a large shower-room. Everything was spotless, and although there was nowhere to sit inside, there was a table and chairs on the small patio outside.

The cabin is surrounded by lush tropical gardens, but it is right next to the owner's house and another cabin they let out, so it did not feel particularly private. But we were out and about most of the time, so this was not an issue. We didn't quite have a sea view, but we were only a few minutes walk from both the sea and town.

Sharon had sorted out car hire for us, which helped us see lots of the island very quickly. Her assistant, Lluvia, collected us from the airport, and also took us back when it was time to leave. Our flight out was late evening, but we were able to store our bags at Ana Ori for the day while we were out and about.

Not a luxurious stay, but a very comfortable one, and very reasonably priced (CLP45,000 or about USD$90 per night) in a place not known for budget accommodation. Sharon was very quick to reply to our emails and helpful with our queries. Ideally we would want to stay at Te'ora if we ever went back to the island, but Ana Ori is a very acceptable alternative.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TalbotTravellers
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We stayed 4 nights in the small cabin and enjoyed it a lot. The room is tiny but who spends time indoors? But for the ultimate experience book the room upstairs with more privacy and ocean view. An added bonus was all the activities that went along with the Tapati Festival. What an unexpected treat to be there for the final competitions.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Sharon responded to my emails quickly. Because of full booking, she introduced us to another cabin manageed by her assistant. The cabin is well-furnished and equipped and large. Close to the town centre, about 10-15 min walk.
Sharon helped reserve a regular tour of 2 days. However, the tour agent has cut one of the important site when we paid. Sharon's assistant Livian negotiated for us but failed. Instead she kindly drove us to the site in her own time. She's so cheerful!
Strongly recommended this little but lovely hostel to you!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends