“Easter Island on Easter !”

Rapa Nui National Park
Tahai, Orongo and Rano Kau Half-Day Tour
$217.00*
Easter Island Super Saver: Ahu Akivi and Orongo plus Anakena Beach Day Trip
More attraction details
Owner description: The landscape of Rapa Nui, the indigenous name for Easter Island, is an eerie exhibit of ancient cultural remnants of an abandoned desert-dwelling people.
Syracuse, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Easter Island on Easter !”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We just got back from a 4 night stay on Easter Island. Our only mistake was to be there on Easter Sunday. The resort was short staffed and meal time service was not up to par. A neat thing about being there on Easter was the beach was atypically alive with people and the Moai there made a great contrast to the party atmosphere of the rest of the beach. We got some great one-of-a-kind pictures. I'd suggest you take 2 days of touring with a guide or you'll miss a lot of the island's history and sights. After the official tours rent a car and go out on your own and catch the rest. The roads can be a challenge but you'll see as much and more of the sites that can't be seen with a group. Be prepared to do a lot of walking either way as the roads don't take you close to where you want to be. If you have more than 4 nights you can scuba, snorkel, swim, try an outrigger canoe, ride horses, hike and shop (bargain with them to get a good price). Only Lan airlines flys there, but there are two flights a day and they have some of the friendliest flight attendants I've ever experienced.

Visited April 2014

43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Ancient History”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We flew from Santiago for 5.5 hours to reach Easter Island. The time and money was well worth the effort if you love history, especially that which has some mystery remaining. We visited many Moi's, standing and down, Our guide had an enormous amount of information to share and the island itself is very beautiful. It was a highlight of our time in Chile and an excellent way of learning the history and culture of this, the most remote island on earth. Some of the trails would be difficult for handicap persons.

1 Thank Robert B
Halifax, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The Mystical Easter Island”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Easter Island was a beautiful, relaxing location that I suggest everyone must see! If you have a chance to go, TAKE IT!! It was the highlight of our trip to South America. Be sure to talk to the locals on the island in order to get the true experience of how mystical the island really is.

Check out some pictures and videos on my blog from my trip to Easter Island last May http://thedaniellesmith.com

Visited May 2013
1 Thank daniellealisha
Singapore, Singapore
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Initially, I must admit I was rather disappointed when I reached the island. It was like going back to the 70s. However, I realized it was such a relaxing place and I had my best sleep on the island. You will be amazed by the statues and you will fall in love with the island. It was my most relaxing trip but the food was a bit pricier than the mainland. Remember to get a stamp on your passport by purchasing one postcard from the post office!

Sarasota, Florida
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“A truly unique experience”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

As part of a trip to South America we decided to go to Easter island. It turned out to be the high point of a very great vacation. The park is very beautiful in a stark way as the natives cut down most of the trees on the island. the statues are spectacular, as is the stories behind them. The ruined temple at Vaihu is a must see, but I think my favorite was Ranu Raraku which is the factory where the Moais were carved. There is a very pleasant beach at Anakena where we were able to take a nice swim in the pacific, and have a pleasant lunch at a beachside restaurant hut. Also worth seeing are the volcano craters especially Rano Kau. The birdman contest village of Orongo is extremely interesting, and quite a surprise. If you are looking to do something out of the ordinary this is a perfect choice.