“best empanadas i have ever tasted!”

Empanadas Tia Berta
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Great empanadas at a great price in Easter Island. The tuna and cheese is delicious.
Trondheim, Norway
“best empanadas i have ever tasted!”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I dont know how many times we went here in our week in Rapa Nui. We fell in love with your Empanadas <3

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Linn-kristin

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Best empanada ever!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I have eaten empanadas all over the world and this place's tuna and quesa empanada was the best I've ever had! Alvaro from Inaki Uhi hotel recommended them and I grabbed one to go for my hike to Orongo. The next day I went back and ate one there with a glass of wine. I have no issues with locals being served first. I get preferential treatment in my home town too. It's a relaxing island and having pesos is the way to go.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank JustHelene
Tampa, Florida
“Good Empanada. Friendly and Efficient Service”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

My husband and I went there two days in a row because the empanadas were fresh and delicious. I had the tuna the first day and then the beef the next day. Our waitress was friendly. She recognized us when we went back the next day.

Visited November 2013
Richmond Hill, Canada
“I dream of these empanadas”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Yes, you can't rely on this place being open. Yes, you can't rely on them having the ingredients you want all the time. Yes, locals do seem to get their food first. And, Yes, these are the best empanadas ever.

Language can be a minor issue if you don't speak any Spanish but it's overcome with a little social interaction.

We went back multiple times and never found empanadas even close to these elsewhere on the island or in mainland Chile.

• Visited August 2013
Dupont, Washington
“Over rated, not worth the time”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Slow service, poor exchange if you don't have pesos, no one speaks English, so beware. We sat for a while waiting for our empanadas while all the locals got served first, even ones that came in well after us. We felt discriminated against as tourists...waitress was horrible, not a good experience! get your empanadas at Akeena beach....there you can have a great view also, and not have to smell car exhaust.

Visited December 2013