“Excellent Value”

Empanadas Tia Berta
Ranked #21 of 85 Restaurants in Easter Island
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Great empanadas at a great price in Easter Island. The tuna and cheese is delicious.
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Huge empanadas in a variety of tastes and fillings, prepared quickly. One of, if not the best food value on the island. Tia Berta herself was there when I walked in, invited me to sit down at her table, and we had great conversation about the island's history and culture.

1  Thank Kenescence

Reviewed August 15, 2013

They have meat and cheese, tuna and cheese, and shrimp and cheese empanadas. They are all excellent!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

The empanadas are just great, specially the one with cheese and meat.

The price is affordable, considering the high prices found in all the island.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Literally the most delicious empanadas I've tasted. The tuna or tuna and cheese are my favourites as the fish is so fresh. I miss this place already....

Reviewed May 30, 2013

My friend and I ended up eating here twice in our 3 day stay on Easter Island. The empanadas are amazing - huge, fresh, super tasty! I tried the seafood and the veggie empanadas at my first meal, washed down with a nice cold Escudo (Chilean) beer. The second lunch I tried the atun (tuna) and sausage/cheese empanadas. I will say I liked the seafood one the best. Beware, their translation of sausage is actually a hotdog! Pretty funny to see a hot dog sliced in half when I cut into that empanada. Though it is "no frills" kind of dining, the value is great and a perfect meal for mid-day after you have been trekking around the island. Definitely worth a visit.