“Great place!”

Ranked #5 of 44 Easter Island B&B and Inns
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great place!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is a great place for backpackers as well as low budget travellers. Everything is clean and well organised and the staff is very friendly. They also have a nice garden and you get to meet other travellers very easy. We had a great bbq over there!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
NY
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I booked an impromptu trip to Easter Island rather than staying 4 days in Santiago so I wanted to stay someplace affordable. It was clean, had a great location and we had a private bathroom. I recommend this hotel to anyone who will spend their whole day exploring the island, as we did, and who want to save some money. The woman Joanna set us up with a mini-tour of the area to get a baring on our surroundings and helped set us up with a tour throughout the rest of the island. The only major con is the wifi. It's turned on only when you're away for the whole day. It's not on in the evenings when guests are most likely to be at the hotel. It was really annoying because I talked to family though an App on my phone and was never able to look for a place to book when we were back in Santiago.

• Stayed August 2013
Seoul
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I made a spontaneous trip to Easter Island during my South America trip. I landed on the 24th of December (2008) and most of the accommodation options were packed. After wondering around on the island in the rain for a couple of hours, I finally got to Residencial Vaianny. It was very late and Teresa asked me if I had eaten. I hesitated to answer and she invited me to her family Christmas dinner. She offered homemade wine, chicken, corns and other dishes. She talked the way my own grandmother would talk to me. I asked her the reason for all the generosity. Then she smiled and replied, “You came to us on Christmas Eve. I have been praying God for his answers and you are the gift from him”.
Residencial Vaianny is not a five-star resort nor the dinner was fancily candle lighted. However, it was the best Christmas Eve I ever had.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Campinas, SP
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I just arrived from Easter Island and I stayed at Cabañas Vaianny.
When I was looking for a place to stay I saw this place and I got a little worried about it, because it was cheap and well localized and the pictures were nice. So I read some reviews and the overall was great. So I picked up this and left to Easter Island.

Now I'm back and I can tell you this is a great place to stay, it is in the middle of the city, close to everything you need from farmacy, supermarket, bakery, bars, everything.

The rooms are very good, you have a very nice ambient to relax and interact with other guests, you have access to the kitchen to prepare your own meal if you want. They pick you up at the airport, also when you leaving.

Caroline, the manager has a huge astral, she is very nice and she'll give you all the information to enjoy the island, from horse hidings, divings, car rental, tips about what to do or not to do, very attencious and helpfull.

If you're looking a nice place to stay, don't be scared about it is too cheap so it might not be good, it is awesome and you'll love your stay.

Room Tip: There are rooms for one, two, couple... I don't think I can suggest something that will help you...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The hostel is perfectly located. Everything in town is within walking distance. The hosts are very friendly and helpful. Prices are reasonable for Easter Island and for what you get. We can recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Good location, walking distance to everywhere (although I suspect that most places in the town share this luxury). Staff were friendly and helpful with recommendations of where to eat, where to pick up rental cars etc. They also helped us with recommendations of sights to see that were not listed in the guidebooks.

The rooms were clean. Breakfast - not bad. The bread was amazing. Wifi not reliable. Plenty of street parking if you do rent a car.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We spent 5 nights at Vaianny's. We were picked up and dropped off to the airport free of charge. The room was huge with two single and one double bed. The double was super comfortable and had plenty of blankets for the colder times of the year. The staff were great, and in particular the guide who gave the welcome talk was fantastic. From other guest reports the trips organised by the hostel and led by her were excellent. The kitchen cooking facilities were adequate with plenty of utensils. We enjoyed cooking with other guests and eating as a group in the outdoor courtyard. This was a great way to meet other guests. Breakfast was great and served in the dining room daily. Internet on the island in general is slow, however it really speeds up at night. Our room was right on the courtyard and close to the router meaning we had wifi in our room, I'm not so sure about some of the rooms further away. Check when booking. Vaianny's is a short walk from anywhere in town. For the price, cleanliness, staff and spaciousness, I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple