Inaki Uhi Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Taura'a Hotel(Hanga Roa)
View Hotel
Taha Tai Hotel(Hanga Roa)
Hotel Gomero(Easter Island)
Hotumatua(Easter Island)
Hotel Manavai(Hanga Roa)
O'tai Hotel(Easter Island)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfree wifithe main streetthe ownerhanga roaself cateringnice courtyardrooms are basiccentral locationguest roomsalvaroislandtourairporttownalper
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My name is Grace, i stayed here for over a week. Before making my reservations a made a quality/location/price table of all the accomodations on easterisland. I posted my results on couchsurfing. This accomodation was the best to me because the price was most competative with the other accomodations and it was really good situated because i wanted to cook myself as i read in other travellers report how expensive easter island is. My room was kept excellent clean. Rooms are made clean every day except sunday. The kitchen and accessories were perfect clean, also basic stuff available. The clients were not noisy and really polite and helpfull. Furniture, bed, curtains everything in rhe room was chosen with quality. No nead to say that i really enjoyed my stay. The clients are from everywhere so not only Spanish is spoken. Alvaro is also a guide if you want to do a trip. But if you don t want to, he is not pushy at all. I enjoyed my freedom in this family hostel or hotel. Another tip: if you make your own food, all shops are only in 1 mainstreet. If you forget to buy the butter you walk for it! This accomodation is situated in the mainstreet so i was lucky. With mainstreet, dont think of any busy street in a town. This place is quiet, so even located in the mainstreet, you hear nothing of the street. This is because of the way the appartments are build or situated. Best thing here is the internet which is free. The owner told me that the internet is slow.this is not true. A lady who missed her plane and got a voucher for another hotel kept coming to our place because the internet there was horrible.

Another tip: lan airlines always have delays. My inbound delay was 7 hours, this costed my an expensive hotel. When i wanted to leave i told the owner that i was sure that LAN would have a delay of several hours. He managed to get me a voucher of LAN and was most helpful to bring me reallly early in the morning to the airport.

Problem now is that i want to go back because 1 week was far too short. On easter island i felt "i was at home". I truly love this place.

Greetings from holland, amsterdam
Mauruuru
Grace

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank 2bikinis
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Inaki Uhi is really the perfect choice for anyone who want to spend a great time in Easter Island!
Last august I spent 4 unforgettable days in the Island and my experience was amazing!
The hotel is wonderful - great location in the city centre of Hanga Roa - the rooms are big, really clean and beds are extremely confortable, the bathroom is spacious.
Breakfast is not provided but it's not a problem, there's a common kitchen where you can store and prepare your meals, there are some groceries close to the hotel!
Great great value for money, considering the prices in Easter Island!
Alvaro is one of the best owner I have ever met, always friendly and extremely helpful and..he's the best guide too! You can have private tours with him and the other guests of the hotel (a great guide + a small international group + very honest prices..the perfect mix!) and this is definitely the best way to discover the Island!
Forget about the big group tours provided by the agencies, just ask Alvaro and you'll have the opportunity to visit the Island in a different way..visiting the most important sites, learning about the rapa nui traditions, visiting places off the beaten tracks, experiencing the Island with someone who will immediately become a friend!
ABSOLUTELY recommended, you won't forget easily Easter Island! I hope to be back there soon and I'll stay at Inaki Uhi Hotel again for sure!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank fedboy82
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Easter Island love it so much, it is a very magical island and the stories from Alvaro owner of Inaki Uhi are amazing. Alvaro does tours and he knows what he is talking about, giving great insight to the history. Easter Island is not a place to go to if you want to be surrounded by luxury. But it is a great place to go to explore and be surrounded by very friendly people, a super amazing history, spiritual stories, and fantastic sights.

Room Tip: Tour with Alvaro
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JoelleOxford
Reviewed August 31, 2012

People do not travel to Easter Island casually. There are few flights, and they are often expensive. Expectations of a luxurious beach vacation in the South Pacific should never have been entertained in the first place. Most of us who travel to Easter Island are there because we are facinated by the famous statues and the history behind them.

What I'm saying is, if you want to sit on the beach, sipping cocktails, go somewhere else. This island is beautiful for its lack of luxury, for its isolation, for the fact that large portions of the island lack elctricity so you can see more stars at night than you could imagine possible...

Its a beautiful place. Just be sure you understand where you are going.

The hotel is the same. The hotel is simple, but clean. In a good way, it will remind you of your freshman year dorm. The common area consists of thatched huts between the two rows of rooms. The kitchen at the end of the row is simple, but contains what one needs to cook simple dishes. There are a few scattered grocery stores where basic provisions can be purchased. The ocean is a five to ten minute walk. A twenty minute walk takes you to a small park, where you can watch the sun set behind the Moai.

The excellence of the hotel lies in its host. Alvaro picked us up at the hotel, and we chose to take the tours he offered. His English is excellent. His stories are fascinating. When we lingered at the various sites he took us to, he was patient. What more could you want?

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Casp3pos
Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Staying at this hotel made my visit to the island a pleasure.
The owners, a family, are very helpful and nice. The place is simple but beautiful, fresh and clean. I choosed to use the kitchen instead of getting breakfast for the flexibility in when and what to eat for breakfast.
Alvaro, the manager, not only is very nice, talks fluently english but is also a very good turist guide. I highly recommend his tours.
For the price, quality and service there is no better.

• Stayed: August 2012