“One of the best things I have ever done in my life!”
Review of Patagonia Hikes

Ranked #5 of 13 Tours in El Chalten
Sydney, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“One of the best things I have ever done in my life!”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Loved this place! I was there in early/mid December just before the apparent high season and I loved every minute of it!
Cannot recommend it highly enough...

Visited January 2012
1 Thank 2feetwalking

London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Simply the best!!”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We did a three day hike up to the Gorra Blanca hut above Paso Marconi. Patagonia Hikes are just brilliant! We organised the trip with just two days notice and they couldn't have been more helpful - several other companies in El Chalten were very discouraging, asking us to join bigger groups or come back next month (!!). These guys seem to specialise in small groups and it shows. Super friendly English-speaking staff, gear in great condition (crampons, ropes, harnesses etc), and all good value for money. Our guide, Simon, was brilliant - took great care of us on the mountain, really friendly and great company as well as highly experienced.

I cannot recommend this company enough. If you want to go trekking or climbing around El Chalten, these are the folks to contact.

Visited November 2012
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“MUST GO”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

hike, the trails are fantastic. Very well marked, the mountains spectacular, and the water in the streams is fresh and clear.

Visited November 2011
3 Thank Gdogg2013
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Some advice on the different hikes in El Chaltén”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

The main reason to find oneself in this dusty town is to go hiking. It's a magical place, partly because of the people one can meet in town who came for the same purpose. I definitely could have stayed a longer amount of time. As it was, and given my time constraints, I think I was there just the perfect amount of time to do every day hike--namely 3 days, 2 nights.

1. the weather is unpredictable, so be prepared to either grit your teeth and do the hike anyway, or be willing to change plans. For instance, my full day there was 'ruined' by rain and wind in the morning, which meant I decided against hiking up to the Lago de los Tres (Fitz Roy). That said, after waiting a few hours reading I was able to go walk all the short hikes (mirador de los condores and aguilas as well as the chorrillo salto) in the afternoon.

2. weather permitting, save Fitz Roy for last. It is such a gorgeous hike, and an overwhelming view, you will want to do it again and perhaps miss the other good hikes. This is principally the Lago Torre. I did it my first afternoon, and in hindsight it was an equally magical experience to the Fitz Roy. Fitz Roy is also a destroying hike for anyone who isn't in pretty decent shape, so build it up by doing the shorter ones first.

3. Do them all! 3 days will do it, and beats sitting around in a hostel-hotel-restaurant instead. Follow a punishing time in town with a few long bus rides (i.e. to Puerto Natales) to recover. This is how my travel agency, Say Hueque, arranged it, and I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Visited March 2012
8 Thank JacksonA771
Greater Newcastle, Australia
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Best Hike ever.”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

we did a 20 Kilometre hike fromHostel El Pilar to El Chalten.Quite easy s have asthma and cannot tackle any steep walks. Only about 200 metres gained overall. Coming from the Hostel side was the best option as we did not have a steep climb from El Chalten.The park was in pristine condition and the views of Mt Fitz Roy,the hanging glaciers, the beautiful mountain streams and lakes decked out in autumn colours was superb.

Visited March 2012