“Very good. Muito bom.”

Ranked #4 of 16 El Chalten B&B and Inns
LA
“Very good. Muito bom.”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were very well received by Claudia and Jorge, they did everything to make our stay the best possible. My friend asked to boil some eggs for the hikes and Claudia boiled them with pleasure. The rooms are very comfortable compared to the other hotels in the area. I would go back in a heart beat.

Neste hotel fomos recebido muito bem pela Claudia e o Jorge. Eles fizeram tudo para que a nossa estadia fosse a melhor possivel. A minha amiga ate pediu para cozinhar ovos para levar nas cminhadas e a Claudia fez com muito prazer. Os quartos sao muito confortaveis e melhores de muitos dos hoteis na redondeza. Eu voltaria para la com certeza.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Thais C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Mammoth Lakes, CA
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed at Hosteria Confin Patagonico for 3 nights and we wish we could have stayed longer! The rooms were like new and nicely appointed! Claudia, the owner was very helpful and friendly. The continental breakfast was tasty with good coffee, croissants, and baked goods that Claudia makes daily. Yum! It was so nice after a long day of hiking to return to this Hosteria. After walking around El Chalten, I was even happier with our location. Confin Patagonico is located 5-10 minutes from the bus station and 15-20 min from the Cerro Torre and Fitz Roy trailheads. Highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SWshred
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This B&B is run by Claudia, who is extremely friendly, warm, and helpful. Upon checking in, she sat us down with a map to help plan our hikes according to the weather forecast. The reception area is the front of her family home, and the B&B rooms and breakfast area is in a separate building right next door. Rooms were clean, comfortable, and appeared fairly new. Fridge and safe in the room (though our safe didn't work - out of batteries? - we didn't feel the need to lock our stuff). Wifi was free but slow. No TV in room.

Breakfast was included and consisted of toast, cheese, cold cuts, cake, cereal, juice, coffee & tea.

Conveniently located a couple blocks away from the main strip, and about a 5-10 minute walk from the bus station.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank twinkiesaurus
Argentina
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have just arrived from my third stay at Confín Patagónico. I discovered it three years ago (I've been in El Chaltén six times) and since then I cannot think of staying at any other place. This "hostería" is new and it's very cozy. It was built by Jorge, the owner, and he did a wonderful job. He and his wife, Claudia, are the perfect hosts. They are very warm and helpful. Beds are just huge, breakfast is very good and it includes a portion of a different home-made cake every day. The rooms are very very clean. Although the "hostería" doesn't have a lobby, the breakfast room can be used to read or watch TV when it pours with rain and also to have tea or dinner if you buy take-away food. The place has wi-fi. The internet connection is really bad but it is not the hostería's fault. It's a common problem for all hotels and shops in town.
And it is near the bus station.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank cecimos
Durham, NC
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in December 2012, and loved it. This hosteria is quite new, and the rooms have a much more upscale feel than the price would suggest.

The breakfast was great. Plenty to eat, and it all tasted good. They serve cake too - which seems to be somewhat common in Patagonia. I can get used to that!

Claudia and Jorge are very friendly hosts. Though they don't speak English, my broken Spanish was enough to get along great.

The location is maybe slightly "off to the side" in El Chalten, but the town is very small and really only visited by hikers, so there really is no such thing as a bad location here.

It's easy to give 5 stars here. I always enjoyed coming home after a long day hike.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank DonTobi
chicago
Reviewed December 8, 2012

My fiance and I had a great time in El Chalten. The fact that we stayed at Hosteria Confin made it all the better. Claudia and Jorge are so welcoming and nice they made us feel at home. They were so helpful in recommending hikes (neither I nor my fiance are serious hikers) but we ended up going on 2 really great ones. The first was a 5 hour hike to Laguna Tres (we didn't make it the whole way because the wind was so intense we had to turn back). But the next day we hiked to Laguna Torres and made it the whole way. Boy, was it worth it. rainbows, glaciers, the whole bit.

Confin is immaculate! The place is kept clean. The beds are comfortable. And Claudia makes a great breakfast! One day we had lemon meringue pie and the next day we had banana bread. At first, I was a little worried because I had to wire a down payment for the room, but it worked out okay and I'm happy that we stayed there.

Room Tip: go to the cervecia. great beer, atmosphere, and food.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lkwals
Sacramento, California
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Claudia and Jorge are the best hosts ever. They welcome you to their home with the biggest smiles. Even though my Spanish is terrible, they were patient with us. Rooms were clean. Bathrooms were nice even though I had a hard time keeping the floor dry during my showers. No tv in the room and no shared computer available. There is a tv in the breakfast room. My friend wished there was a lobby to hang out in. She also thought $80US was too expensive. The hotel is walking distance from the bus station. We called for a taxi since it was raining when we arrived to town. $20pesos for the taxi ride to the hotel from the bus station. Toast, cereal, cake, and ham and cheese for breakfast.
Don't forget to bring pesos to this town since there is no bank here and I don't think credit cards are accepted either. Also, the weather was cold when it rained so bring your waterproof hiking shoes, ski gloves, and scarf. I wished i brought my ski jacket because the shell on my ski jacket would have been better in the pouring rain than my light rain jacket. We did find a shop in town that rented hiking boots and hiking poles.
The mountains here are stunning. We enjoyed the Laguna de la Tres hike. Claudia reserved the one hour bus ride to Hotel Pilar the night before. It was a beautiful drive. The hike took about 8 hours. I wish you clear weather. I also enjoyed the Laguna Torre hike the next day even though it rained.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends