“Yukon Riding IS THE BEST RIDE EVER !!!”
Review of Emerald Lake Ranch

Emerald Lake Ranch
Alberta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yukon Riding IS THE BEST RIDE EVER !!!”
Reviewed October 13, 2008

EMERALD LAKE A GREAT RIDE!

I have been going to the Yukon since 1994, the first time I rode horses in the Yukon was at the Emerald Lake Ranch in 2004 and have been coming back ever since. COULDN'T believe the review by Milwaukee who stated it was a waste of $$ and time!

I have ridden horses all my life through the Rocky Mts. the Badlands of Alberta, throughout British Columbia and up to the Yukon. The views from the back side of Emerald Lake and from the differant elevations of the trails get you into so many breathtaking views of raw beauty, it is almost unbelievable that this one area could be so scenic!

In 2008 I brought my own Paint horses to the Emerald Lake, Yukon to ride, simply because of the background scenes can't be beat! On all the trails I have been on at the ranch we have had a wide variety of experiences, with opportunity to trot and canter on the long sandy trails when we were out with experienced riders. We spent plenty of time in the high country where we glassed for wildlife spotting sheep on Caribou Mountain.

I bring my kids and grandkids when ever I come to the Yukon. The horses were gentle and well mannered not to mention well fed and healthy looking. This is one thing I look at before I ride with anyone, I like to be sure the animals are in good shape.

I would recommend this tour to anyone who likes riding, adventure and fantastic scenery are totally a part of this tour. Hope you enjoy my pics.

1 Thank Paint_horses

smithy15
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Emerald Lake, Yukon Trail Ride”
Reviewed October 8, 2008

Fellow Travlers of Alaska,

I loved it up there, from what I have seen was georgious!!!
The water is beautifully blue, the air is fresh and amazingly refreshing and the 360 panaroramic views are something to behold. Our camera didn't do this place justice but I may try and post some photos later.

We came in with Southeast Tours from Skagway, Ak. the van drive into Emerald Lake Ranch was great, the tour van guide was Barry who had so much information about the Klondike Gold Rush it was fasinating.

When we arrived at Emerald Lake Ranch we were greeted by Joanie who had out horses saddled up and ready to go.

Before leaving we had some time to look around the ranch which we were told was an origional trappers site. The old trappers cabin was in it's origional state; the ranch resembled a western theme with big log beautifully decorated buildings and antique planters and wagon wheeled furniture.

We were all matched to our horses and were off to the mountains. The first magnificant view was of the back side of Emerald Lake, this is just breathtaking we had time to stop for pictures, we then looped back and around to a lower bench for an even closer and better view of the lake and time for more pictures. We then traveled up and around the open slopes to the mountain tops where we could see the snow capped mountain tops.

We were experienced riders and in the open sandy trail spots Joanie had the horses run which made the ride exciting for us all. The horses were well trained and very well behaved not one of the horses was skinny. Our family are from Alberta and ride on all our vacations, Alberta has some great riding but this place has something really special.

The tour all in all was great! After the tour we all enjoyed cakes and soda around the wagon wheeled home made ranch table, signed the guest book and all agreed if we were back up this way would be back agian.

4 Thank smithy15
Carcross Yukon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Once in a lifetime”
Reviewed September 25, 2008

I am a local in Carcross who has had the opportunity to ride at the Emerald Lake Ranch several times over the past 3 years with my 2 boys. Joni has been our guide on many great adventures & has taken us out on several different trail rides to view old trappers cabins, waterfalls, a moose pasture, train tracks & of course Emerald Lake. As many times as we have ridden with Joni each ride is exciting & different & her wealth of knowledge of the area is fantastic!

Every rider meets their horse, learns their name & age & is assited into saddle. Joni gave my boys instructions on how to ride & what to do at each hill & turn. I felt comfortable as a mother letting my 2 sons ride on these trails with such a caring knowledgable guide. I highly reccommend this tour & this guide to anyone visiting the area who wants a once in a lifetime expierence seeing the untouched Yukon at it's best all from horseback.

3 Thank carcrossmom
West Sussex
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really Good”
Reviewed August 17, 2008

I am really impressed with this ranch, i have ridden in english style since i was 4 and had never tried western, but my guide called joni, she was a lovley woman who was willing to answer any questions.The ride was very pleasant with a lovley stop overlooking emerald lake.The horses are soo well behaved and relaxed.I really enjoyed the ride and would do it again tommorow.I recommend this ranch to anyone who is a novice or is a keen rider maybe not for experienced riders as you stick to walk and trot which i found slighty boring.

1 Thank AimeeHorse
milwaukee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Southeast tours rip off”
Reviewed July 18, 2008

Emerald lake ranch is a waste of time and money.
The short 45 minute ride is back and forth down the same trails through the wood, A ride like this can be taken anywhere. The 16 year old guide indicated they never see any wild life as advertised. The view of Emerald lake is better from the road where there is a pull out.
The ranch is rundown and just made up for the tourist.
Save your time and money

2 Thank jojoj8