“Check It Out!”

and up
Skagway Shore Excursion: Full-Day Tour of the Yukon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Kluane Museum of Natural History offers world-class wildlife exhibits with dioramas depicting natural habitat. Also displayed are Native clothing, tools and weapons of the Southern Tutchone people as well as minerals and gemstones that are found in the Yukon. The gift shop has many locally made crafts, including beaded, fur-trimmed moccasins, as well as a good selection of books dealing with the North. A large parking lot with two entrances makes it easy for vehicles as big as transport trucks to pull through. Watch for the World's Largest Gold Pan located next to the museum.
Edmonton, Canada
“Check It Out!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I had stopped at the Kluane Museum of Natural Histury in Burwash Landing Yukon and was pleasantly surprised at all the exhibits and information it contained of the region. This museum has a media room where you can sit and watch a well prepared and informative video of the area and the widlife that in the region.
I have to admit I had concerns when I pulled into the spacious parking area as the outside of the place is not very appealing - but I was sure glad I stopped and checked it out. The gift shop was well stocked and sold beautiful arts and crafts locally made.
The museum was clean, the staff were pleasant and knowledgeable and overall an interesting place to check out and learn about the Yukon.
You can't miss the turn off to the museum just watch for the giant gold pan.

Visited August 2012

Berkeley, California
“Be sure to stop here”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I visited the Kluane Museum of Natural History during a 28-day camping trip through the Yukon and Alaska, and it remains a favorite memory. It was late in the afternoon when I stopped and found myself the sole visitor to this warm, intimate space where regional history comes alive through video and exhibits. The gift store had a display of Native People's art and crafts for sale that were of high quality and reasonably priced. I purchased a pair of beaded, fur-lined moccasins as a gift for a friend. Just recently, I was able to purchase a second pair through e-mail contact with the museum's manager, despite the fact the museum was closed for the winter and deep in snow. She personally made the trip to the museum and then the post office to make sure I received the package. This is a special place!

Visited July 2012