“Good Meal and ambience”

Ranked #9 of 44 Restaurants in Baie-St-Paul
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Meals were good overall. Nice outdoor patio seating. Service slow overall however it was busy at the time we ate. Menu varied and meals well presented. Reasonable prices.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Not sure what some of the reviewers are talking about but the ribs here are fantastic. Perfectly smoked with a sweet and savoury homemade BBQ sauce. The locally brewed beers were fantastic (I highly recommend the "Bootlegger" which is a Brune ale. The stout was also lovely.

Overall, the food, beer and outdoor dining worked for me.

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Just finished our lunch, which was alright, we tried local Quebec food, poutine, local lamb burger, beer burger with micro beer and local cheese, spaghetti (which was not so good). The micro-brewed beer was very good. The restaurant is located on a beautiful street, we were sitting outside, very nice.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Food at this place was pretty good. Mussels lacked flavour a little. Lamb burger was tasty, but dry. Micro brews were delicious and plenty of beer selection. Right in the middle of town. Good price for what you get. Friendly, bilingual staff.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

The prior reviewer is certainly right that it is possible to have a bad meal in Quebec, though one has to go out of the way to do so. Although we were seated promptly, I had to shoehorn myself into the chair as there was no room. When the waitress arrived, I inquired about their beer (obviously the centerpiece of the place). She was clueless (like someone at a winery who, when asked the same question, says "gee, red and white?"), and told me to look at the board, which was too far from the table to see, much less read. I settled for water.

My wife and I both ordered the beef burger, hers plain and mine with the "Jack Daniels" sauce that appeared on the menu. When the meals arrived, mine had only a thin paste of an avocado-colored, remarkably tasteless substance on the bottom. Texture is important to me in a meal, and I want the sense of ground meat. What I got appeared neither ground nor minced, but pureed and extruded (as in bologna). The outside was burned and the inside tasted like sawdust. The fries were greasy and what was described as cole slaw was really pickled cabbage. (I like both, but for heaven's sakes, get the right name). After a bite or two, I stopped eating.

Yet my meal was the better of the two. When my wife looked inside the bun of her "beef burger", it had a greenish cast and was sitting on what the waitress called a mushroom, but which looked more like congealed fat at the bottom of a turkey roasting pan. The "burger" turned out to be curried lamb. Her fries were just as greasy. She ate nothing.

Neither of us ate our meals (I had to chew peppermint gum to get the taste out of my mouth).

In short, the service was horrid and the food worse. The only thing good I can say is that the manager agreed (without much enthusiasm) that we would not be charged for anything.