“Miss the Old Goodies”

Ranked #22 of 69 Restaurants in Wasaga Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Canadian, Cafe
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Located at 1470 Mosley Street, Unit #10 in Wasaga Beach. Under New Ownership since June 2012, serving all day breakfast and lunch, from 9am - 2pm, Tuesday to Sunday.
Angus, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Miss the Old Goodies”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have visited Goodies many times over the years and have always found it to be one of the best restaurants in the area. Have been to the "new" Goodies a couple of times and were a little sad to see all the changes. Very slow, atmosphere not as warm and cozy and not that friendly. Food is okay but we really miss our jerk chicken wrap. We did find lunch to be better than breakfast. The soup was good but the sandwich could have been fresher. Took awhile as the 4 of us got one meal at a time. Not sure we'll try again but we wish the new owners all the best.

• Visited December 2012

Toronto, Canada
“Great People Great Food”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I was travelling through Wasaga recently and stopped off for a quick bite to eat at Goodies. The food was great and they give you a heaping portion for what they charge. I was lucky enough to speak to the owner of the place when I was in. From last years owner to todays owner, the place has really turned around. I would highly recommend stopping in for a breakfast or brunch with the family.

• Visited December 2012
Collingwood, Canada
“Disappointing”
Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Had read about this place and was looking forward to stopping off for a breakfast during one of my bike trips. What a disappointment! Hard to ruin a simple bacon and egg breakfast but they managed to accomplish that onerous task. Eggs not the freshest, bacon greasy - even the toast was bad. Add in poor quality coffee and what could be more perfect. Like they say - I've been here twice-first and last time.

Wasaga Beach, Ontario
“Nasty Service”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We attended this restaurant one afternoon for lunch. There was nobody else in the restaurant except for a person who was talking to the server. The server continued her conversation even though she knew we had come in. After waving at her for a while we finally received menus

The table was small with a drop leaf which I raised in order to be comfortable and rest the pain in my shoulders that I was experiencing. The server came rushing over to our table and lowered the drop leaf. We were drumstick .... we couldn't believe that had just happened.

We ordered a very quick lunch as by this time I had lost my appetite. The food was mediocre, nothing to write home about and the server couldn't be bothered inquiring if we needed anything such as cream for our coffee.

We said we'd never go to this restaurant ever again ... however we did go, one more time. This time we were shown to a table set into a bit of a cubbyhole. My husband suffers from claustrophobia and so we asked for another table. This was not to be ... our server never said why we couldn't have another table, just that we couldn't. We left, the server didn't make us feel welcome so we figured we'd get better service at McDonald's ... and we did.

I'm choosing the last date on the question "when did you visit?" as there is no selection prior to that.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Snowbird2002
Vania C, Owner at Goodies Cafe, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Goodies Cafe has been under NEW OWNERSHIP since May 2012, having re-opened with a new look and all-new menu on JUNE 27, 2012. The dining room has been completely re-decorated and is quite spacious and accomodating for all guests. The wait staff is very friendly and attentive, and strive to always put the customer first. We encourage everyone to come back and give us a try!
Wasaga Beach, Canada
“Private Breakfast Gathering”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

There were about 25 people who attended the Christian Breakfast meeting at Goodies Cafe which is now under new owners. The meal was totally adequate and worth the value and served hot and timely. Good job by the new owners.

• Visited October 2012