WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Excellent stay at Wasaga Beach!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Woodland Hideaway

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wasaga Beach
Woodland Hideaway
“Excellent stay at Wasaga Beach!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Joe and Flora were the perfect hosts. They even set up a bonfire and marshmallows for the kids. The house was a little small but was just enough for us and it was very clean. The only lacking was internet connection but it was also a good thing since we get to bond with the family more without using our electronic gadgets which was the real point of going on vacations. But if you do need to check your emails, McDonalds is close with their free wifi. Thank you so much for a great vacation!

• Stayed July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Carmela L

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

Four years ago I wanted to take my parents away from their four walls, my dad no longer drives and my mom is not comfortable driving beyond what is required. I found out about Woodland Hideaway through a co-worker. My parents and I love the place, so close to the beach, immaculate upkeep is extremely important to us and there was no doubt after our 1st year we had found our home away from home. You have everything you need at Woodland Hideaway and the surrounding area. Let us not go without saying Joe and Flora are an amazing couple who are friendly, attentive and have always met our needs. My parents and I always look forward to our time at Woodland Hideaway and I love my special time that I spend with my parents. I strongly recommend Woodland Hideaway, you will not be disappointed, Beach 5 is beautiful and Joe and Flora are hosts with the most. Alda, Oakville, ON

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

The thought of coming back for a week to Woodland Hideaway is a real motivating light in my year. The couple who run it are conscientious about its upkeep. They are dedicated to keeping their residents comfortable, the type of folk who happily go the extra mile for me. I use my time away as a quiet retreat to escape from commitments for just a little while. I only wish I could do so more often.

Room Tip: Number 4 is a little separate from the rest if you are wanting a little more privacy.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights here, at the end of our holiday. Great position (close to supermarket, Collingwood and blue mountain) with clean rooms and excellent facilities (loved the personal bbq). Jo and flora, were great hosts, full of local information and good conversation

• Stayed June 2014
Kitchener, ON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights in July 2013. It was a last minute getaway and we wanted to stay close to home. All we have to say is WOW! Joe and Flora keep this place immaculate. They are great hosts and do whatever they can to keep their guests happy. Its the perfect little place to stay while in Wasaga. The beach and stores/restaurants are within a 5-10 min walk. Beach #5 is nice and quiet and plenty of room to find a spot to lounge (The water is waist deep for hundreds of feet so it was perfect for our kids). Woodland has a perfect volleyball net that we played on for hours just outside our door. If you are looking for a place that is clean, quiet, and close to the beach, look no further. Definitely reccomeded for families!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
toronto, on
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed with Joe and Flora last Labour Day weekend and couldn't have asked for anything more. It was truely relaxing for our little family (myself, husband, daughter and dog).

The location is so relazing; trees all around, a quiet street, beautiful layout both inside and out, and wonderful people.

We stayed in Unit 1 which had 2 bedrooms plus a futon in the living area. What we were really impressed with was how clean and efficiently layed out everything was. We had everything we needed and more.

The front patio area was great and more than we could have ever expected. We had our own space because each unit's patio is separated by a small fench which gave us a little privacy but which was still open enough that you could talk to your neighbours. We also had our own BBQ, picnic table AND 2 chairs and a little table. Talk about anticipating guests' needs!

Our daughter spent hours playing badminton with the neighbours' kids, and they were regulars by the way, spend every Labour Day weekend with Woodland Hideaway for at least the last 5 years.

We look forward to making Woodland Hideaway our regular vacation spot too :)

Room Tip: We stayed in Unit 1 which is 2 bedrooms and a futon in the living area. It was more than enough spac...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mikaylao
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was our first stay at Joe and flora's woodland hideaway.We live in Northern Ireland . We found the accommodations amazing.Everything is close at hand.The cottages are immaculate.My two boys loved the badminton court Plus it was great having a bbq with the cottage.The beach is only 5 mins. walk from the cottage. My two boys and wife loved it.We would return again .Joe + Flora where great hosts + very professional. It was the best part of our holiday in Canada. Staying there.

Room Tip: Choose Joe + Flora's
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
#6 of 15 in Wasaga Beach
Angels Wasaga Inn
Angels Wasaga Inn
#4 of 15 in Wasaga Beach

Been to Woodland Hideaway? Share your experiences!