“Not nearly worth what I paid”
Review of Kingsbridge Inn

Kingsbridge Inn
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Wasaga Beach
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have to start by asking the reader to keep in mind that in Wasaga, one can expect a certain amount of disrepair from accommodations and measures owners will take to ensure that extra people aren't being put up in their rooms. This comes with the territory. What is less understandable is that I would pay what I did for what we actually got. We booked a room with two double beds and a futon, and with this being the pricier of the two options I was considering, I expected something better than the cheaper place we had stayed in last year. I gave the rating I did here because the people working there are polite, there was a good number of barbeques and the location is good.

First is the room: It was the closest to the main office where the modem was located, but the wifi could not reliably reach us. We ended up using the wifi hotspot on my phone to stream music all weekend instead, and the explanation I received for this was that they only advertise that the wifi is "available". It seems I was wrong to think that it would be available in rooms, especially ours. The carpet and mattresses felt perpetually damp, the oven did not work and the shower was barely usable (I added a photo of how it runs).

I can concede that the oven problem was sort of addressed by a staff member offering to let us use the oven of another room and I should have brought up the shower earlier, but what it comes down to is that this room is being rented at a rate that does not suit its quality. Staff being unaware of one problem until it's brought to their attention is reasonable, but this place is in such a condition that someone had to know about it, and still charged the price I would pay for a good place in downtown Toronto.

I wouldn't recommend this place and we won't be returning. I hope that the place improves and turns out to be the place we thought it was going to be.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cenobite3
wintersledding, General Manager at Kingsbridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Although we are not members of Trip Advisor we do appreciate your feedback, however when these issues were brought to our attention we no longer had a room left available to accommodate the amount of people in your group. We have since fixed the oven which turned out to be only the fuse and the shower head was the problem in your shower and has been replaced.
The mess on the stove in your picture was not there when you checked into your room( just wanted to point that out). And one more thing we would like to point out is the fact that we do not allow unregistered guests on our property which you were well aware of upon booking.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The room you get in this motel is like a lucky dip. Unfortunately we got the booby prize. Small, horrid room with a broken table, the door barely closed and the double lock couldn't reach because the door was so off! In the summer months the area is packed so the motel is convenient for the beach, BUT don't go after labour day as the place is a ghost town.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LucindaDonaldson
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Was looking for a cheap room for a night's stay and got what I paid for. Small, lacking in room amenities like a microwave or coffee maker, tiny bathroom with kid-sized toilet and bathtub, and poor water pressure. Although there were signs saying the rooms were all non-smoking the smell of something burning permeated the air the night we stayed there. The sheets felt slimy and I woke up with a huge welt from something that bit me in the night.

Room Tip: There aren't any!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Leigh M
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My friends and I stayed at this motel as girls night away weekend for my birthday weekend! The room was very clean, the staff were great and the location was perfect! We did have some difficulties during our stay and our driver had left the night before. After we had checked out and since we needed to wait for our ride the staff were still very helpful and pleasant and let us girls keep our bags at the motel still while we spent the day at the beach. The pool was very nice and relaxing since it was a salt water heated pool! Very nice. I would definitely reccommend this motel to anyone since I will definitely be back! Thankyou!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shiann B
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I and my relatives visitng form the states can honestly say that it exceeded our expectations, and was better than some hotels I have stayed at in the past. The service was excellent the owners were very friendly and helpful and extremely accomadating. The rooms were clean all with a microwave and small fridge, especially ours it had a Fire Place and Jaccuzzi, But most of all the heated salt water pool & Sauna, BBQ grills for all you Food Network Fans.
Overall, it was a great place to stay at a low price. :)

Lisa & Rose (AKA Dangerous Darlings)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Elizabeth M
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I read several reviews on this place, some great and others not. Over the Civic holiday a friend and I stayed there with our combined 3 kids, and had a great time. The pool was great, warm and a great place to hang out during the day with the kids. The bbq's were wonderful because we were able to go across the road for groceries and make fresh non takeout meals for the kids every day. With a mini fridge in the room we could store juice and milk and snacks, so it was great to have some options when it came to not having fast food and spending a ton of money. There is a little play yard for the kids, and a beach volleyball area if your kids are older, or of course if you want to play. We found the staff there very welcoming and happy to help with any requests we had, even warming up some left overs. So all in all, we were happy with our stay. The walk to the beach wasn’t bad at all; with 3 kids all 4 and under it was only about 12 minutes...could be a lot less at an adults speed. The rooms were clean, although yes older. But its wasaga beach, so you are going to pay a lot for a newer place, or take a clean place that’s older and family friendly...which is obviously what we chose, and don’t regret it at all. Will be back for sure.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2012

No disrespect intended, but whoever is giving this motel positive reviews isn't doing so based on the accomodation. It's in a great location and is close to the beach, and restaurants and shops are right across the street.The staff were courteous and helpful but the room itself left alot to be desired. I really don't know where to start. Let's just I still wince every time I look at my credit card bill!

If you don't mind slumming it and overpaying for the privelige, then stay here!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank fawkin_mooly
wintersledding, Manager at Kingsbridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thank you for your feedback and we are pleased to know that you were happy with the location and the service. We hold ourselves to the highest level of customer service.
We are sorry to find that you checked out early and hopefully you spoke to management in this situation.