Luau Resort
$204
Wasaga Beach Inn and Cottages(Wasaga Beach)(Great Value!)
$219
$97
$89
Hollywood Cottages(Wasaga Beach)
TripAdvisor
Sharodon Sands Motel(Wasaga Beach)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe riverping pongbeautiful flowersheated poolthe ownerbbq areasummer vacationthe main dragmemorable vacationlounge chairsbeach shopssecond homewatch the boatstakes prideclean roomsminute walkplace is great
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We just happened on this place and let me tall you it is a gem. The owner was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and well maintained. WiFi was excellent and met my business needs.
The grounds are the best kept that I have seen in years and the pool was heated and spotless.
Location is great as it is only a quick walk to the beach and all amenities. We spent two days here and would have liked to stay a week. Wishing now we had known about this place earlier. Next year we have booked for a week.

Room Tip: Hard to choose a room but we did pick room 25 for a week next yr. It has a kitchenette and a king size bed and will suit our needs perfectly.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dave B
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I have read some of the poor reviews about this place and I can completely understand why these patrons were upset. It's a shame that this place is so lame. It's a lovely spot, clean, well taken care of, and deceivingly kid friendly based on the nice play structure in the courtyard. My family of 5 (kids 6, 3 and 8 months) was made to feel unwanted from the moment I booked the room on the phone and asked for a crib: "No!"

My little one was not allowed in the pool unless I bought a specific swim diaper from the front desk (even though I think mine was perfectly fine). When they say no guests, they mean NO GUESTS! We had another family with us when we came back to change for dinner: "I see you have brought guests with you. They are not allowed in the unit!"

Geesh! We were only here for one night, and just used the room to change and sleep and we received a very disproportionate amount of unpleasantness for the time we spent on the resort! This woman seems way more concerned with rules and the enforcement of rules, than with the comfort of her guests.

Unfortunately, she probably won't respond to this review as they are lacking some technology. I had to handwrite a credit card approval and email a picture of it to her in order to hold the room!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
11  Thank Brooke C
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Hello my wife Melanie and I have stayed there a total of 3 times. The latest was last week. We always stay for a week. I would say that this resort is the best on Wasaga Beach. For the price, amenities and the friendly service they provide. Their staff keep the resort spotless and there are numerous activities to enjoy for the whole family. The pool area is perfect, you are only a 10 minute walk from the longest freshwater beach in the world and only a 10 minute drive to all the stores and restaurants you could ever want. You are 30 minutes from Blue Mountain ski area for those who love winter sports. Honestly I would recommend this establishment to anyone. Phil July 2014

Room Tip: If you want to receive the free Wi-Fi pick a cottage or room closer to the main office the further ones can't reach the signal.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Philip P
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Always... we can't wait for our annual vacation at The Luau in Wasaga. From the moment we arrive and are greeted warmly by owners Monique and Nick until we leave 2 weeks later, every day is a pleasure. And that's because this resort is well run with a consistency that makes you comfortable. Always... the surrounding grounds are beautiful and well kept, the rooms spotless and well equipped, the staff efficient and pleasant, the pool sparkling and inviting, the atmosphere relaxed and enjoyable, Plus factors are the location on the river and the short walk to the beach. There is no way we would ever change!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank maylyn
Reviewed September 3, 2013

If you are visiting Wasaga Beach you should definitely consider staying at the Luau Resort. We came on a busy, hot weekend, and when we turned into the Luau from the street it was as if we had entered an oasis. We were greeted warmly by the staff in the office, contrary to other reviews I have read (there aren’t signs outlining the rules all over the place either- save for the pool.) There are flowers, fountains, and manicured lawns throughout the grounds. It is situated on the river, which made for a nice backdrop for the resort, with people passing by in motor boats. And it is literally a 4 minute walk across the street, through the provincial park, to the beach. However, the biggest surprise came with the room. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite, with air conditioning, and a living room, bathroom and kitchenette. The kitchenette came with everything a kitchen would need (plates, utensil, cutlery, microwave, coffeemaker, toaster, etc.), except an oven. It was an extremely clean suite, with lovely furniture, and homey decorations throughout. The nightly rate for staying there is a bit high, but you get what you pay for (just look at the motels next to the Luau.) We will definitely consider staying there if we return to Wasaga Beach.

Room Tip: Be careful if you want to walk along busy Mosely Street, to the town - there are no sidewalks here. Better to go through the park and along the beach.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family