Luau Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Wasaga Beach
See available hotels
  • Beachfront
Belair 1 Cottage(Wasaga Beach)
Lakeview Motel(Wasaga Beach)
  • Pool
  • Pool
Saga Resort(Wasaga Beach)
J&J Motel(Wasaga Beach)
Kingsbridge Inn(Wasaga Beach)
View Hotel
Bayfront Beach Resort(Wasaga Beach)
Wasaga Motel(Wasaga Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe riverping pongbeautiful flowersheated poolthe ownerbbq areasummer vacationthe main dragmemorable vacationlounge chairsbeach shopssecond homewatch the boatstakes prideclean roomsminute walkplace is great
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 24, 2011

When we discovered the Luau we were hooked! It is truly a gem! There isnt another place that can match the location, the cleanliness, the beautiful grounds, and the friendly people. Thanks to the staff also for their courtesy and care! see you soon I hope! i love that the beach is just across the road! jim and anna

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2011

As most reviews would state, the Luau was a great quiet beautiful resort right on the river and across the road from the beach. We looked all around wasaga beach and couldnt find a room, but luckily for us there was a cancellation within an hour before we got there and got a room. The price was a bit high because it was 'peak season' but it was well worth it. The grounds are very beautiful and I must credit the business for keeping the 'Jersey Shore' party crowd. Easily the only place I would take my family during the festivities where thousands of drunk individuals wander the streets all day and night. There was decent-size pool for the kids, plus good fishing, volleyball, shuffleboard and other games for the kids. I even cooked some steaks on the 'barbecue gazebo'. I Would recommend the Luau to anyone looking for a beautiful quiet place to take the family or the wife/girlfriend. The 'strict' rules necessary to keep it the shining jewel it is may be a problem for a crowd of drunk kids, but we couldn't imagine being anywhere else that week!

Room Tip: Book EARLY we got lucky
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Ben T
Reviewed August 24, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Luau Resort in August of 2011. We stayed on the second floor of the motel and the first thing that we noticed was that when someone walked on the outdoor hallways, the entire room shook. It felt like someone was in the room with you.
The second thing that we noticed was that the television and the phone were not working. I asked the lady at the desk to rectify this situation for us or to give us another room. She told us that there were no available rooms and we could use our cell phones if we wanted to make a call. I was not going to stand for that so I argued that if you are going to charge me $180.00 per night, I expect all amenities and all equipment in the room to be in working order.
The next thing that happened was that it was raining heavily so were not able to leave the premises. We were facing a severe thunderstorm. My husband and I and a few other people from the motel sat on the second floor terrace. There was nothing else that one could do due to the inclement weather. There were only five of us and were sitting quietly and chatting when at 11:00 p.m. on Saturday night the owner came and told us abruptly to go back to our rooms as it is 'quiet time'. We were penalized from the weather and further penalized from this rude owner of this motel. I can understand if we were making noise. But we were just sitting quietly and chatting. We tried to reason with the owner but she further and in a rude manner told us that if we wanted to chat, we had to go down the road, away from her premises.
Hello.......how much money am I spending to feel like I'm in jail or to be treated like a child.
I totally do not recommend this place to anyone and it should not be called a 'resort'. Our mistake was that we did not check the reviews before booking this jeeper creeper place.
Shame on you owner! You should be out of business and not taking people's money to run a boot camp!!!

P.S. Rooms are so expansive without even a coffee maker. The motel provides coffee in the office but with no milk or creamers.
And, the good reviews re not believable. I bet the owners themselves wrote them!!

Room Tip: check reviews before booking this place. I am sure it's not the only place in Wasaga Beach
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Debbie B
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I'm not a serious nay-sayer by a long shot, so before I decided to write this I read all (at the time) 47 reviews. I suppose it all depends on what you're looking for, but there were some serious flaws in their hospitality services.

We rented two cabins four months in advance for a family reunion. They were well aware of this. It was only when we showed up that we were made aware of the "rules".

Of the 30 people that came only 9 of us stayed at the on site. We all couldn't stay in town for the entire week, so at most there was one day when there was 16 of us, but most days considerably less. I understand not allowing visitors to use the amenities, such as the pool, and BBQ's...even the chairs, but to sit around in the room chatting doesn't cost them anything. Oh yeah maybe an extra flush of the toilet, or two.

We followed the rules to a tee, but were harassed by the owner when someone showed up, and knocked on our door to let us know they had made it to town. The shortest trip was 2 1/2 hours. I mean we decided to have this reunion at Wasaga Beach, because of the beach, so we were going there anyway, but to give my family the bums rush the minute they arrive was a bit much.

We did as we were told.....to argue would have brought us down to the base level of the owner. Before you get treated like a criminal, shouldn't you break the law first?

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
12  Thank HoraceOliver
Reviewed August 5, 2011

My husband and I spent August long weekend at the Luau (first time) and loved it! The grounds are beautifully manicured and our room was immaculate. The atmosphere, as well as the staff, are very welcoming. All the amenities are a short distance from the resort, and the beach is right across the street.....beautiful sunset! Thanks again, we'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo