“Don't Listen to Negative People”
Review of Luau Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wasaga Beach
Luau Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Wasaga Beach
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Don't listen to all the bad reviews that some people have. Me and my Wife just returned from 2 nights at the Luau and we loved it. Beach Area 2 is only a 5 minute walk. (nice 20 minute walk to the Main Beach) The Heated Pool was wonderful. The Hotel is nice and quiet and clean which is exactly what you want after spending the day at the beach with all the noise.

What more do you need in Wasaga? It was Perfect!

1  Thank Steiner99

Reviewed July 24, 2011

Hotel is attractive from the outside. Disliked the female owner.

We booked for a weekend in August 2011 and later in the day realized we had a conflict. We were within the 30 day cancellation policy and returned that evening only to be told that we had to pay to cancel. The female owner was abrupt with us and told us because she had already completed the paper work she was charging us $50. We tried to reason but she refused and charged our credit card. When we initially met she was distant, did not even welcome our family or tell us her name, all she mentioned was that she and her husband were the owners then she made a rude comment about him.

Its an unfortunate situation because all week we had driven by this hotel and it looked attractive and had a pool for our kids. Its too bad the owner is greedy and nasty, she has absolutely no social skills.

We would never recommend this place.

Room Tip: Ensure the room rate is listed on the rate sheet because in July 2011, one of the owners, the female...
4  Thank Onegreatmomanddadof2

Upon arriving at the Luah Resort, I

was very pleased by the overall look of the place, however, that all changed once I stepped into the main office. The woman on the front desk was so rude and short with me with each question that I would ask. I was told nothing about the amenities or just common courtesy information like, "The pool is open until 9pm" or "Do you require the password for our wireless?". I honestly was close to turning around and walking out 5 minutes after arriving. I felt like I was intruding on their property and how dare I even attempt to ask questions such as, "Is there a local restaurant that you could recommend". The owners are snotty and have no sense of customer service whatsoever. One tip though...If you speak french, pretend you are from France or Quebec, even if you are not. It is a french resort and I did see a huge difference in their treatment of the french speaking visitors. They definitely cater to them. I refused to let them know that I was a french speaking Canadian because after the cool reception I received, I was not about to play thier little snobbery game. With tax, our 2 nights at this place cost me just under $600, and this was for one adult and two 14 year old teenagers. For the price, I expected a much higher standard of customer service and better appointed rooms. The beds are terrible and not good if you suffer any sort of back problems. They have those terrible 70's blankets thrown on top, you know, the ones that they wash about once a year! I felt like I was continuously being watched, no warmth or hospitality from this group of people whatsoever. I was sitting on the pool deck when they came to put the pool cover on at 9pm (closing time on a beautiful summer evening), which I couldn't undertand why they would be closing it up so early when it was a 36 degree day. Then to my shock, they had the nerve to ask me to leave the pool area!!! I was sitting on a lounge chair reading my book in my shorts. I was not swimming, just enjoying my time to myself. They do not put a lock on the pool gate, so I was very much taken aback by this rudeness. These people should not be running a resort with their lack of manners and appreciation for their guests who spend a good bit of money to stay there! I would not return, nor would I recommend this very rude place to anyone. I was absolutely disgusted by the overall treatment and lack of customer service. Spend your money elsewhere. They do not deserve to be in business with their bad attitudes and terrible rude behavoir. Shame on you Luah Resort.

7  Thank professional082
Reviewed July 16, 2011

As a mature (60's) we are very particular where we stay when away from home. We have been coming to Wasaga Beach since we were in our teens. As a younger couple we stayed mostly in modestly priced accommodations, the best we could afford at the time. During this recent trip to Wasaga we drove the strip from Wasaga to Balm Beach in search of a place to stay that met our needs and standards. This resort is the best you will find in Wasaga and well worth the price, after all you get what you pay for. Upon arrival we were shown available rooms to choose from and settled on the jaccuzi suite. The room had a forty inch flat screen and blue ray player, a most comforable king bed and lovely linens and pillows, and a small fridge...the only thing that would have made it even better for us would be black out curtains. We don't really like to be up with the birds when on vacation. The pool deck area is right on the water and the pool is heated to a comforable temperature...refreshing even on the hottest day. For beach lovers you just need to walk across the street. The host and service are absolutely wonderful, most accommodating. We appreciated the owners right to provide accommodatation to people of their choosing to ensure the relaxing and family oriented atmosphere. We will definately be looking forward to our next stay and would highly recommend this resort.

Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed for a couple nights at the Luau and we had a great time!! The rooms were incredibly clean and the staff was very polite. Our room was beautiful and quite large. The family atmosphere makes for a very quiet and friendly experience. We went to the beach in the morning and when we got back, our room had been tidied up for our return. The pool was beautiful, warm water and the deck is very clean. All in all i would recommend the Luau Resort whether you are a family with young children, or a couple looking for a romantic weekend together. 10 out of 10!!

Reviewed July 6, 2011

I had never been to Wasaga before, so wasn't sure where to book and I was looking for a room that could hold six. Luau had great options, pictures looked fantastic and reviews were great. I booked a two bedroom motel room and when I arrived they upgraded us to a 3 bedroom cottage on the river, it was amazing!!! I took my girlfriend, and my 14 year old daughter and her three friends for an overnight summer getaway and enjoyed it thoroughly. The customer service was excellent, the cottage was very clean and suited our needs perfectly. The girls really enjoyed the heated pool, badminton and ping pong...the grounds were well cared for and sat right on the river. No complaints from any of us at all!!! I am hoping to go back again this year!!! :)

1  Thank aeslabby_Canada
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We have been coming to Wasaga Beach with our family for the past 10 years. We have stayed at the Luau Resort every year since, and we love it more and more with every year that passes. We find it to be the best, cleanest and most welcoming place at the beach. Friendly and accomadating staff, beautiful pool and gorgeous grounds. We would recommand it to all families looking for a safe and clean location.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
#4 of 11 in Wasaga Beach
Wasaga Motel
Wasaga Motel
#3 of 11 in Wasaga Beach

Been to Luau Resort? Share your experiences!