“Great Stay!”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Wasaga Beach
Quebec City, Canada
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We just loved the room we had this summer, It was clean well decorated and very comfortable. The staff were warm and freindly. We have seen other reveiws and it was just not the case with us. We would gladly stay again if we were ever over to Wasaga beach again. A Big thank you to Tony and his wife for making our stay wonderfull.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed for two nights and left to stay elswhere because this place disgusted us.
Room itself is not bad but no phone or coffeemaker in room, the air conditioning is central and controled by owner so you are at their mercy. They only give 2 towels and face cloths for a group of four. I had to go to the office to beg for clean towels and toilet tissue. The garbage cleaned from our room; well forget it! they did not clean the room. I paid for a room with some ammenities and should not have to beg for anything that should be supplied, and cannot call office must go to office. You could not sit on the bed as it bounced up at the other end. The yard is dirty and in need of cleaning and maintenance. The pool was full of leaves and gravel (sand) not sure when it was maintaned as there was a gross black scum ring around the entire pool. I have stayed in jucuzzi suites for less than the $125.00 I paid for this room with two queen beds. The only thing good here are the owners are friendly and the location. However nothing else is any good and it is awful how these people take advantage of everyone. It is clear that the owners don't care and do not want to do any work wich is evedent by the fact that you cannot call the front desk for them to do their jobs they make their gust do all the work and go to the office for all their needs. Do yourselves a favour and stay away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank 16MIKE16

Travelers are raving about these Wasaga Beach hotels

London, Canada
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Biggest mistake of my life booking this hotel, tried to cancel 5 days in advance because my close friend passed away and the guy said "people die every day, not my problem. No refunds". Had to still pay for this greasy motel while i was at the funeral and he just rebooked my room and pulled in double the cost.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank Drew888888
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed July 7, 2011

He's my horrible experience at this place. When I spoke to Tony on the phone he told me that he was charging me a certain amount of money for the weekend. I said fine just email me the confirmation and I gave him my master card to hold the place. He said I don't need any confirmation that everything was fine. I found that weird but I went with it. Well when I got their it was nightmare. He said to me ohh you have to pay more money. I told him that, that was not our agreement and that you cant do that to someone. He tried to charge me $1600 more than the original price. We had the stone cottage for the weekend. It was nasty, broken down, a small crap hole. It was not worth $2400 for a weekend. I have lots of pictures of this house to prove that this is not a lie and that people won't waste their time or their money here. To add to this when I spoke to some of the people that stayed their, they also said that Tony did the same thing to them. One girl was charged $1000 more than she originally agreed. This guy is a rip off!!! He made my anniversary turn out to be a nightmare. You know what TONY what goes around comes around!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
7 Thank layla8923
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed August 8, 2010

We were pleasantly surprised with the Villa Nova. The rooms yet small, were clean and comfortable. The location of this place doesn't get any better. Just a parking lot between you and the beach and the nitelife. A quiet pool out back is right on the river, you can watch the boats go by. We cant wait to return!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank straycat03
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2010

There's something fishy going on with some of the reviews of this fine Motel. I
have stayed at Villa Nova on several occasions and so have my friends and
relatives. I can assure you that this Motel is very clean, modern and very well
kept. They have a beautiful pool and the place is spic and span clean. Paying
for accommodations up front is generally standard practice in Wasaga Beach so
I'm not sure why one of the previous reviewers felt that this was unusual.
The disparaging comments in some of these reviews must be coming from the same
person and or persons who probably had a disagreement with the owners and are
trying to discredit this fine Motel. Not only Villa Nova clean, well kept and
right in the best part of the beach, the proprietors are pleasant, affable and
polite.
I absolutely recommend Villa Nova to anyone who wants to have a great vacation
in Wasaga Beach at a clean, modern and inviting Motel, a few steps to the best
part of the beach.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jalisco2010
Toronto
Reviewed August 5, 2008

I had booked accomodation for the Aug long weekend for my fiance, daughter(18) and myself. I then found the reviews on the tripadvidor site and my heart sank. Luckily one of the reviews wasn't so negative which gave me hope. Upon arrival the proprietor was friendly and approachable. Even gave me the key before signing in telling me to come back when he was less busy at the desk! I was a bit worried when i saw that our room overlooked the main street and was across the street from the carnival area. But then we realized that Wasaga Beach is a busy lively place and if we wanted peace and quiet we should have gone elsewhere. We were all delighted with the room which was clean and tidy. It provided us with all that was required for our stay. Micro wave, bar fridge and TV. Two sleeping areas were separated by a hall and the washroom. Very basic furnishings but comfortable. We slept well both nights we were there.

Although we didn't use it, the swimming pool looked to be clean and well kept and there were people using it. My daughter claimed that this was one of her favourite times staying at Wasaga.

• Liked — It fit with our needs exactly
  • Disliked — overlooking the main strip
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
#5 of 10 in Wasaga Beach
J&J Motel
J&J Motel
#3 of 10 in Wasaga Beach

Been to Villa Nova Motel Resort? Share your experiences!