“Excellent meal”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were recommended to eat here by our hosts at Villa Lucera and we were so glad. An excellent meal, beautifully cooked, and with professional, helpful and friendly servers.

1  Thank fergusonshopping

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Managed to get into Catch 22 last Thursday night with my family and one other couple.
Restaurant was very busy at 7 p.m., but service was prompt and friendly.
The restaurant itself was tastefully decorated and very upscale for Wasaga Beach.
Can't say enough about our waiter, Michael. Was very friendly, professional and knowledgeable about the food, how it was prepared and the ingredients therein. Ordered a Wasaga Beach Sunset; a tequila cocktail which was very good. Good selection of exotic beers. The appetizer bread accompanied by a the whipped sundried tomato butter spread was a crowd pleaser. Main courses were absolutely delicious and plentiful. My penne dish contained huge chunks of chicken and was tasty.
The cheesecake for dessert did not disappoint, either. This was the 3rd visit this month to this restaurant for my dining companions; I will definitely be going back again!

2  Thank bonick
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Going again tonight to our favourite restaurant. We have been eating at Catch for years now and have never been disappointed with the service and food. Love the Wasaga location better because it's a smaller more intimate restaurant and now you can see a smiling chef Bob chatting with everyone when he finds time out of the busy kitchen. We have lived and eaten in many places in the world and Catch is high on our international list of places to eat. See you tonight!

1  Thank tukkiemonster
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My wife and I ate at Catch 22 around 6pm on August 1st (Thursday). We had arrived in town late afternoon on Wednesday and were lucky to get a reservation (helped by our hosts, Dave & Debbie at Villa Lucera). The only issue was that only the high tables were available for that time, but we took one anyway. We were not disappointed. The high tables are fine, large enough for a fool assortment of dishes and glasses, and are in the restaurant area, not a bar area.

The restaurant was nice. Up-scale family dining might be the best description of the decor, lighting, etc. Very comfortable.

Our waitress was excellent. Friendly, knowledgeable about food and drinks, and always smiling. She was proud to mention that they now had Beau's Lugtread on tap! Being from Ottawa, I went for a local brew.

We started our meals with the "cup" servings of seafood chowder, which came in bowls, not cups, and were definitely more than a cup's worth. Very good chowder, reminding me a bit of the great chowder we get at the Whalesbone in Ottawa. For main courses, I had sea bass (South America I think) which was one of the specials of the day, and my wife had the seafood platter. Both dishes were plentiful, cooked to perfection, and very tasty. Actually, it was the best sea bass I have ever had.

Service was prompt, but not too hurried.

With two pre-dinner drinks, and a glass of wine with dinner, the bill came to $137 before tip. A bit pricey, but the quality of food and service was excellent.

Would definitely eat here next time we're in Wasaga Beach.

1  Thank sunsnosailski
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had frequented Catch 22 in Collingwood, so were delighted to see it open in Wasaga Beach. We ate there two weeks back for our second time and enjoyed it. It's a busy little place, but we got a table for four without a reservation luckily. We enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere. Definitely worth a try when in Wasaga if you're looking for something a more refined dining experience than the other local eateries.