“Terrifying!!!!!! And unsafe!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Wasaga Beach
Oshawa
“Terrifying!!!!!! And unsafe!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

At 4:30 in the morning a stranger pushed through the door and entered my room while my girlfriend and I were sleeping. woke up abruptly and had to wrestle him out the door in my underwear. The lock on the door did not work. The man then entered the front seat of my car and attempted to go to sleep. I had to physically remove this person from my vehicle. Attempted to reach manager with no response. Girlfriend spent the rest of the night sleeping with knife , and I barricaded door using sofa. Got no sleep. When I finally reached and reported this to the manager he seemed unconcerned and un phased. Left immediately but received no discount or refund. Do not stay here or book here!!! it is an absolute nightmare! This is the first review I have ever written on anything as I am never one to complain. This was insane, DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed July 2014
13 Thank Winston333

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

I stayed at this motel with a group of friends for a birthday party and while the staff are nice and friendly, and the location is great, the overall cleanliness of the rooms was disgusting. Bed bugs, dirty bathroom, dirty everything. If you are going to stay here you either better be wasted and not care or plan on sleeping in the car.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Kevin M

Travelers are raving about these Wasaga Beach hotels

Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

I just booked for my 26th birthday in July 2014. My partner and I booked out all the cabins on beach 1 for a birthday celebration with 25 of our closest friends last year. When we arrived cabins were all clean and when we were brought over to them by a staff who made sure we had everything. Staff were excellent in ensuring we had everything we needed the whole time we were there. The location was perfect walking distance to everything including the beach. If you are looking for a great weekend with your friends i would definitely recommend the cabins. We had an absolutely fantastic time. So excited to return this year and do it all over again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
      Location
2 Thank alicia m
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed there for a night, but it was very terrible experience over there. The mud was on the floor, and there was very bad smell in the rooms. They not supplying soap or shampoo and even towels. Do not book a room at this place! I have never been so disgusted in my life.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Mpat2013
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Do not book a room at this place! I have never been so disgusted in my life. I traveled with a friend, her 18 year old daughter and her 19 yr old friend. It was $200 for one night on a weekend plus a $100 damage deposit. We decided not to sleep in the room because it was so disgusting. Giant ants infested the room-they were in the bed! Paint was peeling on all walls. Ceiling tiles were damaged. Walls were poorly patched. The bathroom was disgusting and did not come with towels or toilet paper...and definitely not shampoo and soap! We asked for towels and toilet paper and were given dirty, stained towels and two rolls of toilet paper. On top of everything, the manager reviewed the list of rules with us which included: no glass bottles on premises-we would be "fined" $50. No profanity. Nobody on premises without a wristband-they gave us wrist bands and told us if we lost them it would cost $50. No leaving anything on the floor when we checked out. If we lost the key it would cost us $50. Within the first few minutes of being there, we witnessed pretty much all of "the rules" being broken by other "guests". We assumed that the owner would be raking in an extra $500 in fines from the other young guests of the hotel-it was also obvious that they would make several hundred dollars more in damage deposits that night! When we complained or tried to get our money back they basically just shrugged and said too bad. I am not a big complainer and am pretty easy going but this was So horrible! I have never written a review before, but really feel this place is ripping off young people especially!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
10 Thank Gillian K
Buffalo, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Do not stay at this motel based on the website and photos.
My husband booked this room as it appeared to be clean and we had planned a short visit to Wasaga Beach. The photos showed what appeared to be a basic room with a bed and bath.
The photos must have been taken when the place was built back in the day. This motel is rundown, filthy dirty and not worth any dollar amount unless you just don't care about anything.
I'm too embarrassed to even write about what I saw in the bathroom indicating it was never cleaned by the last room guest. When I went to the office to find out if the room was cleaned the young girl at the desk was clearly annoyed and made the entire situation even worse with her attitude.
Interesting note, they hand you a roll of toilet paper when you check in. If that doesn't say it all!
There are no basic amenities such as towels, a trash can, soap etc....They don't mention this on their website.
The walls, floor and shower were very dirty and shower moldy. The limited furniture was old and worn. The lighting is very dim for a reason.
There are picnic tables in the parking lot and guests were still partying until 2:30 am as the office staff leaves and it is a free for all. I could go on, but the pictures will give you an idea.
We left and went to another motel down the street which was immaculate.
This motel should be torn down and rebuilt because it is a good location, close to the beach.
It gives Wasaga Beach a bad name.
One positive note, when we checked out Laura was at the desk and was very nice and understanding.

Room Tip: I can't imagine that there are any good rooms unless you sleep in the parking lot!