“Awesome 2 night Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Villa Lucera

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wasaga Beach
Villa Lucera
Ranked #1 of 16 Wasaga Beach B&B and Inns
Oakville, Canada
“Awesome 2 night Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

Villa Lucera

Just returned from our third visit to Villa Lucera and have now stayed in all three bedrooms. Each has it's own character and advantages, but all are comfortable, tastefully appointed and spotless.

Debbie and Dave are engaging and attentive hosts, ready to help plan activities in the area and make arrangements for dining, canoe rentals, shopping, etc. But one of our favourite pastimes is just relaxing in the riverside gazebo and enjoying the natural setting.

The location is ideal for us, handy to everything in the middle of the town, but away from the busy beach scene.

Debbie is a fantastic Chef her Strata is die for.

We will be returning on a annual basis knowing we will feel like long-time friends.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Stitts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Arrived at Villa Lucera in July 2012 for 4 nights. What a place to visit !! We stayed in the Shangrila room . Debbie and Dave were very gracious hosts and very informative. Breakfast is one of my favorite meals of the day and believe me they were delicious. Something different every morning. Finding where to eat in the evenings was simple as Debbie had a lot of suggestions as to where to go as well as supplying us with menus from various dinning establishments. My partner and I enjoyed (after a great breakfast) visiting the gazebo with coffee and binoculars. You could spend hours here with nature all around you (deer, blue heron etc.) We would recommend Villa Lucera and will return again.

Room Tip: Sorry no pool but beach is a few minutes away.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed here for the weekend with my boyfriend for my birthday, i saw lots of pics but was shocked when we saw the place. It was huge and beautifully decorate, when we arrived we were greeted at the door and helped with our bags. There was only me and my boyfriend there since the other guest that was going to be staying there cancelled, so Debbie & Dave gave us a welcoming drink and let us pick which room we wanted. We chose the regent room, it was upstairs and had an in-suite door to a balcony which is shared with the guests in the danielli room, since we were the only guests that weekend we had the balcony to ouselves. Our room had a big tub and all the rooms had a rainhead shower, the bed, duvet, pillows & robes were so comfy. We were given a couple options for breakfast (it was all amazing) choice of coffee or about 50 different types of teas & best of all you get to pick a time to eat so you dont have to be up early. The first morning i had blueberry pancakes with a strawberry rhubarb compote, whip cream and bacon on the side, my boyfriend had an omlette with his choice of ingrediants with bacon on the side it was all so good. We went out to the beach that day and made sandwiches in the kitchen before we left and when we came back the bed in our room was made. Since we didnt drive dave offered to drive us to the store so we could pick up some things, and even went above and beyond and made us some dessert. We sat at the gazebo and saw a family of deer, once it got a little dark debbie lit tons of little candles and lanterns it was so relaxing. The next morning i had eggs benedict and my boyfriend had banana french toast with pemeal bacon and strawberry rhubarb compotes ( again it was perfect). They were so helpful with the bus shedual and even gave us a ride to the bus stop, before we left debbie gave me somthing from one of her trips to remember , our, trip by it was a special place & a special trip i will definately be back

• Stayed July 2012
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed for one night in July 2012. We were really impressed by Debbie & Dave's hospitality. They were friendly and interested in us, yet gave us enough space to have our time to relax. They used to run a restaurant - the food and service is top notch. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bice P
Orangeville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

I just came home yesterday after 3 wonderful nights at Villa Lucera...what a perfect place for a relaxing & luxurious getaway. The rooms (& the entire house as well) were all beautiful and immaculate. I stayed in the Regent which overlooks the river & was a peaceful setting with an adjoining balcony. Debbie & Dave were welcoming & gracious from the first moment I arrived with a welcoming drink & great conversation the first evening in the gazebo by the river. They had many helpful suggestions on places to visit & "secret" hiding parking places by the beach. The breakfasts were incredible!!!! Debbie made each morning a real treat...banana-infused french toast, souffle strata made from croissants & homemade berry compote and belgium waffles (yum)...always accompanied by a beautiful & delicious fruit plate. My room was amazing, the bed was very comfortable, the tub & rain head shower were perfect after a day of sightseeing or visiting the beach, the property was perfect for sitting and watching the family of geese feeding in the river, the duck leading the kayaks or a glimpse of a blue heron flying by. Dave always ensured I had a cold botttle of water as I headed out the door for the day and I was always welcomed when I returned. It was a perfect relaxing & rejuvenating getaway. I can't wait to go back :)

Room Tip: All 3 rooms are beautiful. The Regent in which I stayed overlooked the beautiful gardens & rive...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Villa Lucera in the Regent Room on June 23, 2012. We absolutely loved the place and the hosts, Debbie and Dave. All that is written in other reviews is spot on. But it is the little things that was done that really matter.

Examples: chocolates on the night stands, free bottled water in the rooms, summer-time bug spray for guests wishing to go out on the trails surrounding the house, bath robes, etc. These are what makes a good stay, great! This was also the first BnB, that offered guests a welcome drink and when we left, cold bottles of water on our journey.

The wifi internet service was excellent as well and good coverage all over the house. I used my iPad and it worked well.

Also the hosts, Debbie and Dave, are incredibly warm and friendly. We chatted with them so much, we could have spoken all night. They are a good source of information about the town including where to park in town and not pay for using the beach. Also for food options for dinner, etc.

Finally, it is no surprise that everyone here mentions about the food. Debbie, was a chef and they both owned a restaurant for 15 years. Breakfast is to die for! We had a huge fruit platter to start with juice of choice. This was followed by your choice of eggs, pies, pancakes, sides, etc. Food was stunning, I could have died happy at that point!

The room was very comfortable and we had a chance to see the other rooms and they are all spectacular. The only differ in size and location in the house. All have attached bathrooms/toilets. The bed was so comfortable, that we fell off to sleep as soon as our heads touched the pillow.

One of my top 3 BnBs ever lived at and we would like to go back sometime VERY soon! Debbie and Dave, sincere thank you!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Seraphimo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed and Villa Lucera during the month of June. As soon as we arrived we were given a very warm welcome by Dave and Debbie. They gave us a tour of the rooms which were by the way super clean and luxurious. Everything about their home was spectacular from the floors to the ceiling. The view is amazing and Debbie is a great Chef, hostess, and interior designer :p. This spot is perfect for any getaway it is very romantic. If you are looking for a place to stay close to the main beach with good breakfast and a beautiful backyard with an amazing view to just sit back and relax...you've found the perfect place. We will deffinately be back thank you again Dave and Debbie

• Stayed June 2012
#9 of 16 in Wasaga Beach
Lakeview Motel
Lakeview Motel
#5 of 10 in Wasaga Beach

Been to Villa Lucera? Share your experiences!