“Amazing Girls Weekend.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wasaga Beach
Blue Coast Cottages
Reviewed June 1, 2013

A group of girlfriends and I stayed here for a weekend, and had an amazing experience.

The staff were incredibly helpful from the first time we emailed them until we left on the Sunday. We couldn't figure out how to get the heat on in our cabin, and the lady from the front office came right away to help us.

The cabins themselves were clean and functional. Basically everything that you'd want in a rental property so close to the beach. No, they are not Hilton's and the furnishings are dated. But it's evident that they are renovating. For example, our cabinets in the kitchen and bathroom were new/modern.

We liked being in a cabin as opposed to going tent camping because we could be a little bit noisy inside and nobody could hear us outside (we checked to be sure!). And the opposite is true, if people are being noisy outside, you can't really hear them in your cabin.

We are definitely planning to go back, and hopefully sooner rather than later!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Alyssa M
BCC107, Owner at Blue Coast Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Hi Alyssa,

Glad to hear you had a great time and you are welcomed to come back anytime!

Reviewed February 12, 2012

There is something special about this place I have been here 3 times and I always have a good time. It's not luxurious - so for anyone looking for luxury seek elsewhere.. this is a cottage. I do enjoy the staff they are friendly and helpful. Every year I get the same cabin and it almost feels like mine. I have been to other places in wasaga before and they are pretty terrible or too pricey. This place has a good price for what it offers close walk to beach and clean and simple.

Room Tip: It does get a bit noisy on weekends which is fine with me & during the week its pretty quiet.
10  Thank John C
BCC107, Manager at Blue Coast Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Thank you it was great having you!

Reviewed November 23, 2011

My first visit to Blue Coast was about 3 years ago and I have been going back ever since. I can't imagine going anywhere else because the other places I have stayed at are not very clean or maintained. The cottages are older (as most cottages are) but in good condition and the people there are very friendly and fair. I have stayed with my friends went to the club and we always feel at home. Will go back this summer can hardly wait!! It's a close walk to beach and clubs!

Room Tip: They book fast so call in advance I have got a great last minute deal!
6  Thank Jenna D
BCC107, Owner at Blue Coast Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Thanks very much it's always great to see you!

Reviewed September 30, 2011

Me and 11 of my friends stayed at Blue Coast we had a great time! The cottages are not luxurious but when are cottages luxurious they are clean and well maintained. Definately will go back service was fantastic they let us have fun and play music. Me and my friends are planning for next year already!

• Stayed: August 2011
6  Thank Lovinlife00

Thanks for your wonderful feedback much appreciated!

Reviewed August 15, 2011

I totally love the fact that blue coast was close to the beach and club i like the location because last year when i went to another place the noise coming from the main beach was crazy. This location is down a side street away from all that. I will come back next year I'm so happy I finally found a great place to stay at in wasaga it's hard to find sometimes CHEERS!!!

Room Tip: I booked last minute got a great deal
7  Thank Monika S

It was great having you and you are welcomed back anytime!

Reviewed August 11, 2011

Wasaga Beach was an afterprom planned by myself for my school. 86 people signed up and with a lot of research I thought Blue Coast was the perfect match. Our trip would be Canada Day Weekend and I started planning in January. Leslie the lady who was in charge of Blue Coast Cottages received all of our security deposits and payments on time just the way she had asked for them. The day we arrived there was no organization and it took many hours to check everyone in. I didn't see Leslie the rest of the long weekend until the day we left. We were not given cleaning supplies such as brooms or mops to clean our cottages but many cottages were left in good condition. We had asked if we should clean anymore and they told us no because they had a cleaning staff to do so. Near the end of July I had not heard from Leslie about our security deposits so I emailed her. Our deposits had been a total of $4730 for all 86 students. She emailed me back promptly saying we would not be getting them back due to the fact that it took 3 days to clean. This is where the lies began and did not stop. On the contract we had signed, security deposits were only kept if there was damages or cancellations. Nowhere was there anything about cleaning. We had asked how much to clean multiple times while we were there and they said not to worry about it. A group of girls who didn't get picked up until 1:30pm the sunday that we left said they were almost done cleaning (check out time was 10 am.) Two emails later Leslie decided to mention there was damages to the cottages. Why not mention this the first email? Everynight there was a cabin check to look for damage by the security guard, if they had seen damage we would have been kicked out. This is an unorganized rip off of a business. We paid almost $20,000 dollars in total to rent out the cottages for the weekend but they kept $4000 for "cleaning". I do not recommend Blue Coast Cottages, the cottages had animals in it who left feces, some cottages had a strong odour to them that they had tried to cover up with febreeze. They had only two cleaning staff, an unprofessional security guard who swore, showed up at random times and smoked the whole time. Leslie was not around and was not organized in any way. This is not the way to run a business, taking money from a bunch of teenagers simply because they can. If they planned on keeping our deposits for any reason, there should have been an inspection before we left. I have spoken to other people who have been to Blue Coast Cottages and they have been striped of their money aswell. Leslie is a dishonest person who should NOT be running a business. The better business bureau has been contacted to deal with this issue.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
9  Thank Mallory G

The security deposits are for damages or cancellations. Damages do include "trashing" "littering" and "extreme housekeeping fees" "damaging furniture" "staining furniture" "sating sheets" and so on. We are one of the few properties that allow after proms because many owners rather not deal with 80 teenagers partying on their property. For our after proms during May and June we expect our housekeepers to present the cottages in a perfect housekeeping condition and if they are not we like it to be brought to our attention. We enjoy having students for after proms and most of them start clean up process a few hours before check out. We try to maintain our cottages as much as possible and with a summer thousands of graduating students each year we do charge for any accidents or messes left behind.