“Amazing !!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wasaga Beach
Mermaid Motel & Cottage Court
Ranked #3 of 16 Wasaga Beach B&B and Inns
“Amazing !!!!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My wife and I have stayed for a week the last two summers now and we absolutely love everything about this wonderful place !!! Great host Graham&ivona !!! Super clean, great rooms, Atmosphere, friendly family Orientated and relaxing by the salt water pool !!! Just a real gem and amazing host/people !!! 5 star in our opinion !!! Enjoy !!!

• Stayed August 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I've been attending vacation stay here for four years in a row. I like the exceptional friendly service. The stay is a five minute walk to the beach, winter options, close to trails and ski hill; saltwater pool warm and nice selection of pool music. the rooms I've stayed in are clean. Lovely art by local artist around property. I look forward to returning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
los angeles
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed here for a wedding, our group pretty much took over the place. There are several cottages, condo's plus a motel. I stayed in a 3 bedroom cottage with my siblings and my parents were in a 2 bedroom condo with friends, I didn't see the motel rooms, so I can't comment on them. The cottages/condos were SO cute, and comfortable. They are fully equiped with a full kitchen and cooking supplies (pots/dishes/cutlery/etc), you just need to bring your drinks and food - there are BBQs everywhere. And if you don't feel like cooking, there is a great restaurant a block away that is really good with the same personal service - Barcelos.

This place is not right on the beach, but it is only a short walk away. The pool area here is REALLY nice. The deck is gorgeous and there is a lot of space for chairs and lounges.

The owners here really make the place - you feel right at home :)

One tip - bring your towels....the towels provided were really thin and about the size of a golf towel. Other than that, I have no complaints, I loved it here and would go back again.

Room Tip: Loved the cottages for the privacy they provide vs sharing a wall with someone.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank cutecdnchick
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My family and I have been staying at the Mermaid each summer in Wasaga religiously for a number of years now. Whether its a week in one of their very clean and accommodating cottage's or a night or two in one their hotel room's we have a very fun and enjoyable trip every time! Staying here you are just a few minute walk from a nice and quiet end of the beach but if you happen to be just not feeling the beach on a particular day you can just head over to their beautiful pool and deck area located steps away from your cottage or room! There is also an enclosed playground with swings, slides and all kinds of toys to keep the kids busy as well as a covered ping pong table for everyone's enjoyment! Each cottage/condo offers a private (some more than others) deck or patio area with a bbq and patio set to sit out and enjoy. You will not find better hosts anywhere than Graham and Iwona who are always around and happy to help or suite your needs! When you stay at the Mermaid you are treated like family and always leave wanting to come back again as my family and I will be doing again this summer! I could say so much more but would recommend you come and see for yourself!

Thanks Graham and Iwona and look forward to seeing you again this summer!

-The Munro Family:)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Munrofamily1983
Mississauga, Ontario
Reviewed October 13, 2012

What a fantastic and memorable stay at the Mermaid Cottages!!!!!!!
The hosts Iwona and Graham made the stay so welcoming and comfortable.
The fall fishing nearby in the Nottawasaga River for the much sought and elusive trout and salmon is a fisherman`s paradise.
The cleanliness and homeliness of the place was very memorable.
Cannot wait to return to Wasaga Beach.
Thanks again for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I didn't want to rate the Mermaid as poor but neither does it deserve an average rating. So, two stars it is. Let's just call it adaquate.

We stayed in one of the smaller, single double-bed rooms. The owner was quite clear that the room was small and offered us the chance to move up to something bigger if we so chose. The room indeed was small, the smallest I've ever seen in my travels. But that was fine with us, we didn't travel to Wasaga Beach to stay in our room.

The reason for the two stars was the spartan, worn look of the room. There was a tear in the screen on the front door. Room decor was cinder block with a few pictures. No washcloths were made available in the shower/wash room. A/C was a little spotty and noisy. Since the motel is located on a fairly busy street it's hard to keep the windows open at night so the A/C is a must in hot weather.

On the plus side the Mermaid does have a salt-water pool. But we went to Wasaga Beach for the beach, so we never used the pool. There was a small fridge in our room which was very handy. Best of all is the short 5 minute walk down a quiet street to beach area 5 which makes the Mermaid worth it if just for the location. Apart from some traffic noise at night the motel itself was quiet. The owner is very nice and pleasant.

All in all it's not a terrible place to stay. Only spartan.
Would I stay here again? Perhaps. But I would look elsewhere first.
It appears the town has not welcomed chain motels and so choices are limited to family run motels. And therein lies the adventure!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SteveB15
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I have been going to the Mermaid Motel for the last 6 years for mini summer vacation and we love it! It is clean and well kept. We have stayed in the condo, 2 bedroom cottage and this year we rented the deluxe 2 bedroom cottage since we have a little 11 month old boy. Iwana and her team were amazing as usual, super polite and courteous, they greeted me with "Good Morning" every morning. They also offered to take my son for a walk in his stroller around the grounds one evening. We love going to the Mermaid cottages as we know we will never be disappointed. It is literally our home away from home. You don't get better than this in Wasaga Beach. it is the perfect place for a family vacation, it is safe and has great accommodations.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Woodland Cedars Family Cottage Resort
Lakeview Motel
Lakeview Motel
#5 of 10 in Wasaga Beach

Been to Mermaid Motel & Cottage Court? Share your experiences!