“FANTASTIC TRIP AND A ENJOYABLE RESORT”
Review of Dyconia Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wasaga Beach
Dyconia Resort
Tampa Florida
“FANTASTIC TRIP AND A ENJOYABLE RESORT”
Reviewed January 8, 2011

The Dyconia Resort Hotel was a very entertaining resort for my husband and I and our teenage girls. We were surprised at the quality for the price ratio and the service that we received from the staff at the resort. It was alot cheaper than staying at the mountain for skiing and snow boarding. We were only 15 minutes from the hills and the restaurants were close by. We were also able to cross country ski just a few minutes away and our friends came to visit us with their snow mobiles. The hotel had no problem with our friends visiting us and we spend the day with them on the close by ski doo trails. What a Great Getaway. In these tight financial times it is a pleasure to have a place to stay for a good price. We even had a full kitchen in our suite which was helpful at meal time.
We will be back! Hopefully every year!
Signed the Happy Travellers

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
9 Thank bettyhoyde

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Trois-Rivieres, Canada
Reviewed August 30, 2010

My family and I booked at this hotel, thinking that we had made a great deal , but when we arrived there it was the complete opposite! I wanted to throw up when I saw the room!!! On the website the photos are great but FALSE, it DOESN'T represent dyconia resort AT ALL!!!! Seriously don't go there except if you want to get sick or have bugs bite you. We were lucky that the girl at the reception gave us a refund and instead we went to the Luau Resort, which was more expensive, but really worth the price!! To conclude, THIS PLACE SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN!!!

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank francescara7

Travelers are raving about these Wasaga Beach hotels

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 12, 2010

We arrived early, my wife and our 3 rug rats, and were told we could book in early to hit the beach sooner then later, that was a bonus that set the tone for the rest of the week.

The staff and owners were great they even had fun with us guest at the campfire doing the marshmallowing lol...

I read some of the hate filled reviews and think we do have Haters on the net that are off their meds, as some of them were even encouraging vandalism and should be sued.

The long and short of it is if you can't have fun @ the worlds largest fresh water beach somethings wrong, cause we HAD FUN!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
8 Thank webspy2010
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2010

My family and I could not even stay here! We took one look at the filthy futons and knew we could not put our two little girls to sleep there! I would not even put my cat on those beds! We immediately asked for a refund but were refused by the rude "manager" named Jay. We were told that the owner, Troy Vaine, was not available. I just emailed Troy asking for my money back with an attached letter and pictures that I will forward to the Better Business Bureau, the Competition Bureau as well as the media. I'm hoping to get my money back. This establishment is an embarrassment to Wasaga Beach and should be shut down! Don't stay here!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Heather N
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 21, 2010

This has to be the worst hotel/resort/motel room I've ever stayed in. First off, the rooms are filthy. The beds are from circa 1972 and if you roll over in the middle of the night it sounds like there is a cymbal player from a symphony orchestra under your bed. The springs rattle and you wake up, this was a certainty. Not to mention the comfort level of these beds. I'd rather sleep ANYWHERE else.

Now, the fun (and disturbing) part. In our room, on the back of the door, there were dirty hand prints (and finger nail scratches) where it looks like someone was trying to escape. Furthermore, the word FREE was carved into the wood (with the second E transposed) beside these scratches. This was all a little too creepy if you ask me.
The only thing I will say about the shower is that if you're more than 6 feet tall, bathe elsewhere.

So, needless to say, I do not endorse this "resort" and would advise that you spend your dollars elsewhere. On the upside, the food was pretty decent.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank JSToGo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2010

Mr. Vane (the owner) is beligerent and a crook. To say he is shady as a businessman is an understatement. He puts charges on your credit card that are not authorized. Crook, Crook, Crook! I think this is how he finances his business. And to think that he is a real estate agent in Wasaga Beach. He does his town a dis-service and gives it a bad name. Do yourself a favour, stay away, sleep outside or don't stay anywhere near here. If you are in your teens with a few of your buddies and want to get drunk at the beach and share a room that should be condemned for $150.00 a night. Be my guest. Just make sure you wreck the place or puke on the floor. At least he will have to spend some money to try to make the place look respectible !!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Howler_01
toronto
Reviewed June 7, 2010

After booking up 10 rooms for a tournement this past weekend we were looking forward to our stay. Until we opened the door to the room. We have never experienced anything so dirty, disgusting and damaged in all our stays in hotels. The place needs pulling down, it is dangerous, exposed wiring dirty towels even the coffee packet had half inch of dust on it the bed were all broken, It was utter filth and had the owners been even the slightest bit concerned with all of us wanting to leave he should have given us a refund instead he was intimidating us with his size and was uninterested.

2 Thank maddog02