“Yikes! "DIE" conia.”
Review of Dyconia Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wasaga Beach
Dyconia Resort
toronto
“Yikes! "DIE" conia.”
Reviewed August 17, 2009

Folks, this is not anything NEAR a "RESORT" or "HOTEL". Not sure how they can get away with calling it that. The grounds were completely unkept and the rooms were atrocious. Tons of hazards all over the property - both in and out of the rooms. Definitely NOT for kids.

It is like a staying in a dead abandoned town. Just add some tumbleweed rolling in the wind and you're good to go. Most of the 'amenities' advertised are shut down. The grass was dead; the parking lot was unpaved....but let me tell ya, I really enjoyed the fake flowers they poked throughout the 'gardens' to add some colour. A complete joke people. Please don't go there. And to the members of the dieconia staff and owners (I know you're reading this), please change your name to MOTEL instead of HOTEL RESORT. You know you're not one of those, so why set those expectations? Just man up or sell your business. Plain and simple.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank brenda40

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Shelburne, Ont
Reviewed August 13, 2009

The place was filthy. The grounds were strewn with garbage and condoms.
I would not stay there if it was free. People were knocking on our door at 2 and 3 in
the morning drunk and stoned. There was no one in charge at that time of night to complain to. No one was around, lobby closed up. Very, very scary, especially with three 13 yr old kids. I would ot recommend this place to anyone. I 've read other reviews and
they all sound like the exact same experience we had. DON'T GO THERE!!!!!!!!! You have been warned! This place should be condemed!!!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank RedWine88

Travelers are raving about these Wasaga Beach hotels

Canada
Reviewed August 7, 2009

1. Bad
2. Bad
3. BAD
3. EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS RESORT IS BAD BAD BAD!!!!!!

Please, do NOT go to this place, it is decieving! The grounds are not kept and look very dirty. Water bottles in follow beds and not even pruned properly. The check in office is all that is available in the main building .... restaurant is closed, bar is closed, everything is broken and dirty.

The rooms are not clean. We stayed in room #34 ... the sink was leaking, the screen door does not open very well. The patio door's lock is broken therefore sleeping at night would not be safe.

Just take my word for it and STAY AWAY!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank Blackcandi
Peterborough
Reviewed August 4, 2009

My teen girls and myself stayed at Dyconia last week - I had booked it unfortunately without reading the reviews. I paid $225. per night for 5 nights - total to be paid up front day of arrival.

When we checked in we were told the room was ready. Upon entering the "suite" !!!!, the room had not been cleaned, beds unmade, kitchen filled with dirty dishes etc. No balcony or deck - as on their website. Went down to desk and advised that the room had not been cleaned. Was told they would get right on it. Girls and I went to grocery store and returned. Was told that the suite was ready.

Upon entering the suite - heard the TV on - entered living room - one young man seemed to be sweeping - other shirtless man was asleep on the futon!!!!!!!!!! Went back down to desk - advised desk clerk - was told again to wait.

Went back to room when advised that it was ready - room was locked - we were given the wrong key. Entered room. Room smelt like Febreeze - blankets all damp from Febreeze or other air freshner spray. Upon unpacking - learned that all the previious renters empties were put in lower cupboard in kitchen. Entered the bathroom - no toilet paper holder or toilet paper - anywhere. Back to front desk again. Advised that there would be no refund.

We used several beach towels we had brought to cover the heavily stained futons.

When morning finally arrived - began to prepare our breakfast in what was the fully equiopped kitchen that we had bought our food the previous day to cook - as well, we were told there was a barbeque on our "deck or balcony". No deck - no balcony - and no pots or pans at all!!!!!!!!!!! Some knives and forks, and plates and glasses which were upside down with water droplets in them. Back to store to buy plastic glasses - and we ate out the entire time.

There is an outdoor pool - however, I would surely not recommend anyone use it. Along with the garbage which is laying all over the property, there is a large plastic bag filled with bleach - I had assumed this was what was being used in the pool - probably to save cost. The grounds are totally unkept, garbage not disposed of.

This was one of the few trips I have ever been able to take my teen girls on. I had saved for it -- and it was so disappointing. Is there not something that can be done about this?
I would appreciate any information.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
5 Thank singlemom2
Gatineau
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Hi All,

Unfortunately, we had booked before we found the very helpfull reviews on this site. Needless to say our expectations were very low going there. But we were still disapointed.

Most of the place is closed, 75% of the features mentioned in the brochure are closed. No restaurant, no lounge, no nothing. Most of the place looks like it's falling appart and nobody cares. They do the strict minimum and even then.

First, we had booked the last $148 room which turned out to not be available when we showed up so we got an upgrade which is nice. But the room seemed like an afterthought or like it wasn't meant to be rented. It was dirty and less then nice. But it had a jacousi (sp?). We got cleaning supplies at the local Walmart and gave it a good clean up.

The room wasn't that bad, it's just the little details that made it bad. Like the nice mirror closet doors are rolling on a completely rusted track. Not just spots of rust, it's completely rusted. The window frame was rusted too so the window couldn't close properly. It's full of little things like that, half finished renovations, dirty blinds, melamine missing fromt he counters and the list goes on. I am not sure why, but there was two uncomfortable futons in the room but no table to eat on. Weird.

On the positive side, it was well sound proofed, the kids downstairs said they played loud music all night but we didn't hear them. We had the AC on though. The bed was comfortable. I selpt well and I usually don't unless I'm at home or on a good quality mattress.

I would not recomend this place to anybody else. The best Motel there seemed to be the SAGA resort but it was booked when we called.

I hope this was helpfull to you.

Marc

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank malauzon
Toronto
Reviewed July 24, 2009

The pics on the homepage do not match with reality. A dirty and sweaty guy welcomed us at the reception desk. Our room was dirty and stinky, we were not sure if towels were clean as we found hairs and stains on them. The whole resort is shabby and old and totally overpriced. Our recommendtation: Stay far, far away!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
4 Thank susy54
Ontario
Reviewed July 20, 2009

In summary, we felt like we were staying in an old abandoned hotel that was run down and neglected. I would never go back and never recommend this hotel to anyone. I have taken pictures and will add them shortly so please look again if they’re not uploaded yet. Here are my comments:

The Room (Room # 1):
Towels - clean but old and worn, some with holes.
Furniture - very old and worn.
Band-aid repairs, i.e. they tried to fix the floor by rolling out laminate flooring over what seemed like many small pot holes, without first laying a sub-floor.
Fireplace – drywall around the facing of the fireplace, primed and left unfinished. The metal slats at the bottom of the fireplace were broken off and the wiring was exposed – dangerous if you have children.
Bathroom –started to paint the bathroom but not finished. The towel racks were cheap clear plastic ones which were not removed before painting. There is a water leak in the bathroom above so the ceiling has some issues.

Outside:
Outside Deck - The roof over our deck (there is another deck above us) was filled with cobwebs making you worry what is dropping in your hair and food. In fact, there were a lot of cobwebs throughout the property, yuk!
Landscaping – the weeds are very healthy and the evergreens are dying or dead. There were weeds EVERYWHERE, some as tall as me. A few perennials left from previous owners have survived and added a small splash of colour. A shame about the evergreens.
Docks – Two full docks left and one dilapidated dock floating a few feet from shore, sinking into the water.
Outside Patio – Restaurant was apparently closed immediately after the new owners purchased the property. It looks as though everyone just got up and walked away. All chairs and tables are still sitting vacant. Again, lots of weeds around the patio and stairs.
Light posts (2) at the bottom of patio stairs are in poor repair, light globes broken and missing.
Garbage – There is a small shed and abandoned patio platform at the edge of the water where a large pile of tires were dumped, probably from the docks. It just looks like a pile of garbage.
The Groundskeeper – There was a fellow pushing around an old rusty, squeaky wheelbarrow while we were relaxing by the water. This fellow had been “bumming” cigarettes from our friend and even asked for a beer. He spoke to us, telling us how he was going home after a long day – but we were in shock listening to him use the F word at least 6 times.

I could go on and on, but you get the idea. Just don’t go there.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple