“Wanted to leave within minutes of arriving...but can't get a refund.”
Review of Dyconia Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wasaga Beach
Dyconia Resort
“Wanted to leave within minutes of arriving...but can't get a refund.”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Amazingly bad. The rooms looked as if they were still a work in progress. Many of the items in the room were old and broken. The walls have holes, are marked up and incomplete. There are gaps between the floor boards and major weak/soft spots in the floor. The beds seem clean but still old and second hand at best.

It's worse than the worst college dorms After a party...with the party still going on next door. Let the adventure begin....

• Stayed August 2012
5 Thank Redroc3

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
toronto ON Canada
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Four of us stayed at the Dyconia in a 2 bedroom cottage from July 19-21 2012. We paid $800 taxes in. Their pricing is $50 per person so regardless of the number of people you have, if you get a suite or cottage that sleeps 8 then you pay for all 8 which we didn't mind.

Most receptionist staff were polite. We had an issue when there was only 1 towel (dirty with stains on it) for 4 guys to use in a cottage designed for 8. We asked for additional towels which we were provided but after a "hmmm I don't know let me check if we have any."

The pictures online is not how the place looks from every aspect of staying at this resort. The rooms are filthy, dirty, outdated, gross, dead bugs smeered on some of the walls, spider webs, stained beds, and the list goes on and on and on.

Foam party was a joke! The security staff on the property are idiots. Only issue we had with them was not allowing people into our cottage although we paid for 8 people and had room for 4 more. So if you make some friends at Bananas or the beach, have fun bringing them to your cottage after 10pm.

We had fun at wasaga and made the best of it. We are not picky guys at all but honestly this place was a dump!

Don't believe me? Go find our for yourself the hard way!!

• Stayed July 2012
6 Thank Mike P

Travelers are raving about these Wasaga Beach hotels

Cobourg, Canada
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Do NOT check into this hotel - especially with children! The photos online are false advertising - not a representation of the accommodations at all! There was old food in the room, no toilet paper, no soap, no towels, no bedding for the children. Futons were broken (had to put the mattresses on the floor) and the linens were stained and had hair in them. The bath mat was full of mold and there was a fruit fly infestation coming up from the moldy mat. The towel rack crashed right out of the wall when we went to hang up a beach towel. The shelves in the fridge are rusted and it stinks. The sink had not been cleaned and the counter was covered in stains that came off when wiped down - clearly the room had NOT been cleaned before our arrival. The salt water pool was dirty. The owner was ignorant and belligerent when I tried to explaining to him why we were not happy. He mocked me and mimicked me. I reported this business to the Chamber of Commerce, the Health Unit and the Better Business Bureau.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Deb M
vaughn, ontario
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Went to the Dyconia and had a great time, I will be going back for during the summer it is a great place to hang out with friends. The rooms were clean everybody was really cool and the pool is sweet! I am looking forward to going back this summer!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank larry d
Markham
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I stayed here with a large group of friends and we had a great time. It's a good thing I didn't read the reviews off of here until after I stayed there because somebody has a real a "hate on" as per what I have read. The place is well designed for people who want to party and have fun, WE DIDN'T have people telling us we had to go to bed at 11 oclock and there was a beach volleyball court and a heated pool. Nobody in our group had an issue with the cleanliness. I probably wouldn't recommend the place for families who are looking for a quiet place to take there kids but we were told that when we booked the reservation.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
9 Thank John B
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 17, 2011

I had a very enjoyable stay at the Dyconia Hotel in Wasaga. This was the most relaxing trip that i have had in my life! It was very laid back with quiet surroundings. The wood fireplace topped off my stay along with the Huge Jacuzzi Tub. I loved laying back in the tub looking up at the Vaulted ceiling and the tub was surrounded by mirrors. The bed was comfortable and the fridge and microwave were handy. I could not believe the views from my balcony as they were amazing. The room was large enough for me to even bring over some friends to have a get together as well. The staff were overly helpful and enjoyable. This is nice to see a family type of friendly atmosphere in a hotel stay. They even helped us to call in food orders and to find good local food and stores. Perfectly positioned close to the beer store, liquor store, groceries and other restaurants. We will return here in the future for sure along with more of our families. The freshly painted walls and modern furniture was well appreciated by my friends and I. We could not believe the price as it was so low compared to the other hotels in the area. This is a hidden gem and a great price. Value in hotels is becoming very hard to find these days. We walked the beach for hours and enjoyed the landscape and the birds. Wasaga Beach has come a long way in the past few years. We were pleasantly surprised by the new stores and restaurants. Best Stay, Best Place, and We'll Be Back!

Room Tip: The prices after the Labour Day weekend are Cheap!!