“Terrible rooms, terrible service”
Review of Dyconia Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wasaga Beach
Dyconia Resort
Mississauga, Canada
“Terrible rooms, terrible service”
Reviewed July 14, 2011

The room was filthy, spiders everywhere,sold it for 10 people, only 3 beds, washroom door did not even have a knob for privacy,one lightbulb in entire room worked. fridge did not work all the food went bad, management did not care and went on to hold the security deposit. Manager has not reutrned not 1 call or email or letter.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank susan44_10

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Cavan ontario
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I`ve been the Dyconia a few times. I have always enjoyed it there. It`s a good price, and the staff are pretty nice to you, as long as you aren`t being a jerk. A good place for a stay and to have some drinks, 2 minute walk to the beach, and the canal or river or whatever behind it is nice to sit at and have a few cold ones. Definitely will be back.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
11 Thank JohnMclean
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed May 30, 2011

I went to my boyfriends prom with acouple of friends this May. When we got to the room, I saw that the couch and futon were both stained and there was sand all over the floors. When we got into the room, there was 3 side by side beds, and the covers were all stained. I did not feel comfortable here, and I really didn't want to sleep or shower!! And did i mention our bathroom door didn't even shut?? Do yourself a big favour and don't stay here. They didn't even give us cups to drink out of, and they gave us 2 towels, for a 6 person room!! Their slogan is "Happiness Happens Here", don't believe it, and also don't believe their pictures on the site, everything about this place is false !! Horrible stay, 0 stars!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank xOhotelreviewsOx

Travelers are raving about these Wasaga Beach hotels

Tampa Florida
Reviewed January 8, 2011

The Dyconia Resort Hotel was a very entertaining resort for my husband and I and our teenage girls. We were surprised at the quality for the price ratio and the service that we received from the staff at the resort. It was alot cheaper than staying at the mountain for skiing and snow boarding. We were only 15 minutes from the hills and the restaurants were close by. We were also able to cross country ski just a few minutes away and our friends came to visit us with their snow mobiles. The hotel had no problem with our friends visiting us and we spend the day with them on the close by ski doo trails. What a Great Getaway. In these tight financial times it is a pleasure to have a place to stay for a good price. We even had a full kitchen in our suite which was helpful at meal time.
We will be back! Hopefully every year!
Signed the Happy Travellers

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
9 Thank bettyhoyde
Trois-Rivieres, Canada
Reviewed August 30, 2010

My family and I booked at this hotel, thinking that we had made a great deal , but when we arrived there it was the complete opposite! I wanted to throw up when I saw the room!!! On the website the photos are great but FALSE, it DOESN'T represent dyconia resort AT ALL!!!! Seriously don't go there except if you want to get sick or have bugs bite you. We were lucky that the girl at the reception gave us a refund and instead we went to the Luau Resort, which was more expensive, but really worth the price!! To conclude, THIS PLACE SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN!!!

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank francescara7
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 12, 2010

We arrived early, my wife and our 3 rug rats, and were told we could book in early to hit the beach sooner then later, that was a bonus that set the tone for the rest of the week.

The staff and owners were great they even had fun with us guest at the campfire doing the marshmallowing lol...

I read some of the hate filled reviews and think we do have Haters on the net that are off their meds, as some of them were even encouraging vandalism and should be sued.

The long and short of it is if you can't have fun @ the worlds largest fresh water beach somethings wrong, cause we HAD FUN!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
8 Thank webspy2010
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2010

My family and I could not even stay here! We took one look at the filthy futons and knew we could not put our two little girls to sleep there! I would not even put my cat on those beds! We immediately asked for a refund but were refused by the rude "manager" named Jay. We were told that the owner, Troy Vaine, was not available. I just emailed Troy asking for my money back with an attached letter and pictures that I will forward to the Better Business Bureau, the Competition Bureau as well as the media. I'm hoping to get my money back. This establishment is an embarrassment to Wasaga Beach and should be shut down! Don't stay here!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family