“Great location and friendly staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lakeview Motel

Lakeview Motel
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Wasaga Beach
Sarnia, Canada
“Great location and friendly staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I went to Wasaga Beach for the first time for a girls trip for the long weekend. We were immediately greeted with friendly smiles. This is a family owned motel and everyone was so kind and willing to do what they could to accommodate all of us (and there were a lot of us!)
I would suggest if you are going with a bunch of people, you should try to get the apartment style room. It was perfect being right next to "The Sandbar" Had amazing views from the patio while enjoying a drink with friends. No need to worry about a long walk anywhere since we were so close to everything - Shops, food, beach, nightlife, etc.
We have already started planning our trip for next summer :)

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I went to Wasaga Beach on the spur of the moment getaway with my daughter. We chose the Lakeview Motel due to the excellent location. I was very pleased with the cleanliness and the excellent value for money. The couple running it were terrific and responsive to our every need. We loved the Sandbar patio overlooking the beach. We will be back!

Room Tip: We had a room right across from the pool - an excellent choice for families.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Michele_M105
Richmond Hill, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I had come to Wasaga Beach on a last minute call for a contracting job and needed a place to stay a few nights and this place looked the best out of the bunch.. I had dealt with a very kind and pleasant woman at the office desk and had a short but great conversation with her husband also..
The place is family owned and operated and very well maintained.
I came here for work thinking I would be bored after my shift but had a great time.. behind the property on the beach front is a place called "The Sandbar" which was pretty busy and had a great sound system, great selection of beers and what seemed to be locals and people from all over having a great time together..!

At one point I had forgotten my wallet back in the company truck and mentioned the short story to the owner of the place as I needed to call a cab to bring me back to Stayner and she offered me a seat at the table for dinner.. How can I refuse a great offer and a home cooked meal.. RIGHT? I KNOW !!!

Overall, I was more than pleased with my experience here and will certainly be returning.. The next long weekend is coming soon and I already reserved a room with them.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Gio G
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

My family consists of two young girls! They loved the pool right across from our rooms. The rooms were so close to the beach and exceptionally clean. We loved that it was family run and the new owners were always right on the ball if we needed anything extra. The sunsets were amazing. Would recommend this place for sure if you want to be right on the beach.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Brought my family here for a week and we had a blast. The rooms were clean and the service was great. You can't ask for a better location. Located by the main beach area so you are steps away from the beach, shopping, food and all the action. What more can you ask for?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Whenever we go to wasaga we always stay here. Clean rooms, the BEST location, family owned and operated, and always a good time. If you want to be in the heart of the action then this is the place for you. Highly recommend.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ndentremo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

The sandbar nightclub was a surprise bonus as it was the most happening place on the strip. The rooms in the newer section have all been renovated since the last time I was there and pool area awesome. The new management has improved the place like crazy.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Oasis By The Bay Vacation Resort
Oasis By The Bay Vacation Resort
#1 of 29 in Wasaga Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 51 reviews

Been to Lakeview Motel? Share your experiences!