“Good for a meal”

Ranked #13 of 30 Restaurants in Windsor
Halifax, Canada
“Good for a meal”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Good place to go eat once in a while but nothing I would go to weekly. Food is average and the wait time was longer than I would like. Staff could also learn to be a bit more personable.
The breakfast is a big attraction.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank DuncanCa

Windsor, Canada
“No better, no worse”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

It no better or no worse that the average family style restaurant. The food is OK and the service is OK. The price is OK.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Rick K
St. Croix, NS
“Quality is declining!”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We used to go here every day for lunch. Diner food but always tasty and hot. But the last few times, we couldn't even get a good burger platter. Fries overdone, burger patty I'm sure was cooked in the morning. Sorry!

3 Thank Judy W
windsor
“Totally Disgusted”
Reviewed July 19, 2010

We have always been a regular customer at Walker's and yesterday we were in to have supper. There were three waitresses..Bonnie, and two young girls. We waited for someone to clean our table and give us a menu for at least 20 minutes if not longer. Most everyone had cleard out of the restaurant at this time so it wasn't overly busy and the restaurant doesn't close until after 8:00 I believe...maybe even later. A couple came in after us and were waited on before us. It was as if we were being egnored. After this, the young waitress who came was unfriendly, not a smile, greeting or anything. She didn't even look at us...just plopped down the menu. Then our meal arrived...I ordered a salad of sorts and got HALF an egg..what is with half an egg? The salad consisted mostly of lettuce with a few sprinklings of tomato and celery...I basically paid for lettuce. While we were eating at 7:30...the other waitress...Bonnie..started vaccumming in the other section with the noisest vaccuum that I have ever heard. I was going to have desert BUT I couldn't stand the noise. I couldn't even talk to my husband because the vaccuum sound was too loud. We got up to leave and when paying the bill, looking behind the counter, there was garbage all over the floor next to the garbage can...sugar packs, empty milk cups, and "stuff". It was disgusting...the garbage wasn't even full. I refused to give a tip and we went directly over to Lisa's Cafe to have our desert. I have never been so turned off by a restaurant as this and doubt if I will ever go back. This is really bad for your restaurant because I could have been a mystery shopper or the people that rate restaurants. You may have your regular customers but I certainly won't be there again. I definately WON'T be reccommending you to any one else.

4 Thank pandabearty9
Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food”
Reviewed March 22, 2010

This restaurant is very good. They have terrific fish & chips as well as numerous other good menu items. There is NOTHING fancy about this place - it has been there for my entire life & when I was there last year, nothing had changed. It was comforting and amusing at the same time.

This is not the type of place where you would make reservations. It is just a typical Nova Scotian family restaurant .

1 Thank ChloeGirlFlorida