“Fabulous dinner with amazing flavour!”
Review of Cocoa Pesto Bistro

Cocoa Pesto Bistro
Ranked #3 of 30 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 21, 2014

It you're within a 1 1/2 hour drive this place should not be missed. Freshest of ingredients and a great atmosphere. I had the Chicken Breast with Porcini Mushrooms in a white cream sauce and it was incredible! My husband had the pan seared Digby Scallops and was speechless until hi s dinner was gone! LOVE this place! Owners are wonderful and usually on site making you feeling like you're the most important people on the planet. Great vibe!

1  Thank JoeandMichelle
There are newer reviews for Cocoa Pesto Bistro

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Me and my boyfriend usually dine in halifax. But we decided to Try Windsor since we do not live to far. Bad idea. The food was really good. But the service was BAD. Like I mean absolutely horrible. My boyfriend was practicaly choking from the spice on the steak we asked 4 times for water she never came. Finally I got up to go fetch a water jug. I asked one of the servers for a water jug. She said NO. I was like ummm okay .she didn't even offer me another alcoholic drink. I just had one and finished it before my meal was finished. So anyway we Went back to the table to leave and go to a store to get water One of the waitresses came over and was like what's wrong what's wrong. I said nothing just need water. She slammed the jug on the table. Cleared our plates like she was extreamly angry I was a bit concerned. I asked for our food to be packaged up. She just rushed by did not say a word. So we just awkwardly stood there. Then she came back. Threw the containers at us. Then the other waitress gave us our bill. I have never been treated like that in my life. And do not think that blonde lady should be around people !!! Stay clear of this place folks !

3  Thank Stephanie R
Reviewed November 22, 2013

What better way to celebrate a wedding celebration then being enveloped by gracious hospitality, a beautiful space and fabulous food.
Chef Scott Geddes has presented a new menu (Nov.22) and it was hard to make a choice from the simple and creative offerings. My tenderloin was like cutting butter-so tender and done perfectly; the chicken dish was plated perfectly and the reports were extremely positive. The vegetarian dish was a work of art and I am having it on my return visit. Wow!
The server was skillful and personable. She made our small party feel comfortable and valued.
Chef Scott has a good eye for art and the restaurant is beautiful.
The staff at Coco Pesto know how to make people feel good about eating at the restaurant- you are truly a guest.
Great food, warm inviting atmosphere- I can't wait to return.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Cocoa Pesto is a great place to eat. The food is fantastic from their applewood smoked ribs to their pasta. Have eaten there numerous times. We used to go there for the fine dining experience however, the business wasn't there so they switched to a less formal format. The reason for only four stars. If your looking for great food this is the place for you.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We enjoyed our experience at Cocoa Pesto Bistro. The lady that owned the B & B where we stayed recommended it. I had lobster pontine. The waitress enthusiastically recommended it and it was good. The portion was large and I couldn't finish it all. I liked that I could order a half liter of wine as opposed to just a glass. My wife had fish and chips and it was good as well. The restaurant only had two or three customers while we were there so I hope they generate more traffic. Two waitresses helped us with dinner and they were both very good. When we're back in Windsor again, we would return to Cocoa Pesto Bistro.