“Cozy, classic, beautiful, & possibly the best sleep of my life!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Windsor
The Clockmakers Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Windsor B&B and Inns
Calgary, Canada
“Cozy, classic, beautiful, & possibly the best sleep of my life!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2010

I had read about The Clockmaker’s Inn months before my husband and I went on our East Coast Extravaganza. We nearly didn’t make it because we were in Kentville, but due to lack of accommodations (last minute, fully booked), I gave them a shout at 8pm and they had one room available. We drove over, and boy, am I ever glad we did!

Let me just say – what an absolutely beautiful house. Gorgeous. A dream. One of the owners was there, he had waited for us to arrive since it was late. He didn’t act rushed at all, gave us a tour & breakfast order to fill out – he was thorough and friendly. I love the breakfast idea – order what you want at what time & leave it on a desk in the front hall (the same desk that had cookies waiting for guests on it the next morning!)

Our room (The Windsor Room) was actually the one I was the least interested in when I looked at pics online, but it proved my judgment wrong. Painted Yellow (with original hand painted & plasted stucco work), with hardwood floors, a big window with wooden shutters, and the most comfortable, plush bed I’ve ever slept on in my life; I fell in love immediately! The bathroom is built into what used to be a closet and it’s very nice – heated, with a shower and natural bath & products. There were plush white robes waiting for us as well, very nice and new feeling.

For breakfast, I assumed that it was one common room, but they put us in a private nook, in a separate dining room – so we got to enjoy our (absolutely delicious) breakfast overlooking the yard. It was the perfect way to start the morning. Being so accommodating, the owners encourage guests to hang out throughout the house, even after check-out time. There are games set up upstairs, a lovely sunroom with books, etc. We were also able to check out the other rooms once everyone had abandoned them. They were all fabulous! I think the Queen Victoria Suite is my favourite.

One wacky little side note; I’m positive that this place is haunted. Not only because it is so old, but because, after I got home, I was looking at the photos of the Inn and there are very interesting coloured orbs in many of the photos – especially concentrated at the front of the house & outside. When you zoom in, they are all a strange shape & in motion. But, rest assured, I didn’t feel any spooks or malicious intent. Quite the contrary, we felt relaxed, comfortable, and had wonderful sleeps!

I highly recommend The Clockmaker’s Inn, without hesitation. Honestly, one night was not nearly enough to take in this beautiful bed & breakfast that is ultra relaxing. Four thumbs (me & the mister’s) way up!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Brampton, ON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2010

Wished we could have stayed longer but we were heading home next day. Absolutely fell in love with the house and the host Rick. He is so amusing and friendly and obviously very proud of the Clockmaker. He gave us the grand tour from the front door to the attic. It was jaw dropping. The house is unique and filled with antiques which Rick has collected, but it does not feel like a museum, everything is usable and touchable. Our room had some period touches to it yet it was very updated and comfortable. Great bed and bedding. The bathroom was very nice with a good shower and lots of fluffy towels. Very nice toiletries for the guests.
Did not get to meet Rick's wife nor son-in-law, but met his lovely daughter and his beautiful new first grandchild. Seemed like a real nice hard working family.
Breakfast was delicious and plentiful and served by Rick himself. He kept asking if we wanted more, he was definitely a gracious host with a great sense of humour. Good internet connection and the use of the home computer if we needed it.
Enjoyed Fort Anne, the Pumpkin Patch, the "Paint the Town" festival and the great food and friendly service in the Spitfire Pub.
Definitely I would recommend the Clockmakers Inn and would love to visit it again if we are ever in that area again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

I have little to add to the good reviews by previous guests, though no-one has mentioned sitting on the porch, which is full of comfortable rocking chairs. The house is actually as beautiful as the photos and the furnishings and decor are wonderful also. Attention to detail in bedding, handpainted wall borders, and newly installed bathrooms is impressive. The breakfast was especially generous and hosts provide about a half dozen choices from omelettes, to eggs, to french toast. You can choose your breakfast and time to eat the night before, a nice touch. The sunporch on the side of the house is a lovely space and well stocked with books, games, in case the weather isn't perfect (which it was (perfect) when we stayed there). This is a quite short drive from Halifax and would be a good first stop for travellers going either east to Bay of Fundy or west to Annapolis Valley.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

This beautifully appointed B&B is more than we expected! The antiques are impressive as are the modern conveniences in the guest rooms. The beds are super comfortable and the breakfast was delicious. Thanks for the hospitality! This is an amazing heritage property that has been well cared for. We are lucky to have found such a gem! Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2010

We have stayed at this charming Inn a number of times and keep going back. It is wonderfully appointed with period decor in the public areas of the Inn; the collection of antiques is impressive. The rooms and suites are modern, spotless, and extremely comfortable. The beds have quality bedding and great mattresses, you'll sleep like a baby! There is a delicious cooked breakfast every morning, served in the dining room at a time of your choice between 7:00 and 9:30. All the qualities you'd look for away from home are here. The hosts: Sarah, Sean, Rick, and Debbie are great folks and go out of their way to make you comfortable and at home, as does their employee, Karen. If you want to explore the Annapolis Valley this is the place to start !

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2010

The bed was oh so comfortable, the breakfast delightful, the rooms gorgeous and the hosts warm and accommodating. Our only disappointment was that we had only booked one night! So sad! The mattresses were amazing.

We can't say enough about our stay. Rick gave us a grand tour of the house, filled us in on the local history and was interested in each guest. We felt like we were part of the family; not a paying guest. The atmosphere in this B&B is very warm and friendly. We will definitely be back and would not hesitate to recommend The Clockmakers Inn to our friends. Secure bike storage was an added bonus.

It is worth a trip to Windsor just to stay at The Clockmakers Inn. Enjoy the atmosphere, the hosts, the delicious breakfasts and the gorgeous rooms.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2010

My spouse and I stayed here with some friends for a girl's ski weekend. We have traveled extensively around the world and have to see this is hands-down the most comfortable inn we have ever stayed in. The beds are amazingly comfy, the house is gorgeous with numerous antiques and beautiful woodworking, and the inn keepers are superb hosts, so personable and engaging. Breakfast is beautifully presented, delicious, and plentiful. The little touches throughout our stay made this a top destination. We have found our new winter retreat!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
Old Orchard Inn & Spa
Tattingstone Inn
Tattingstone Inn
#2 of 10 in Wolfville
Micro Boutique Living Wolfville

Been to The Clockmakers Inn? Share your experiences!