“The extra mile for sure”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Phoenix Hollow

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Windsor
Phoenix Hollow
Ranked #1 of 6 Windsor B&B and Inns
“The extra mile for sure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

I woke this morning and knew that this bed was the most comfortable bed I ever slept in. I must also say that the creativity within the B&B was above anything I've ever experienced. The air was saturated with the love and caring that is hard to find in this day and age. They do indeed go the extra mile I would say more like a hundred miles more than most places. The small details made all the other B&B's so plain. The chocolates, the tea or coffee in my room and oh yea, the sherry and snacks before bed was a bonus plus so much more. The breakfast was something else with special touches even at the table.The amount of choices given for a breakfast was something else and the food tasted so good. It's not hard to tell she's a foodie. If I ever stay in Windsor Nova Scotia again it will be at this B&B, no questions asked. Many thanks to Kelly for the great conversations even when she didn't have to.

Room Tip: I'm sure either room would be far better than anything that you'll find anywhere else. It...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
PhoenixHollow, Owner at Phoenix Hollow, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
What a lovely review, just as lovely as your guest book comment - thank you so much for both! It was wonderful having a creative person such as yourself stay with us - even if it was for only the day. I hope you come and visit with us again soon and I wish you all the success in the world!

Kelly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Wolfville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

My husband booked us in here as a Valentines surprise (only just getting around to the review). I was speechless when we walked in - the house is very grand and we felt pretty sophisticated sipping our drinks in the sherry room! My husband was lucky there was a cancellation the day before he called to book, and the owners went out of their way to help him also book a last minute reservation at a nearby restaurant. Our room was stunning and there wasn't a detail overlooked. Breakfast likewise didn't disappoint - a great selection including (delicious) options for the health conscious.

PhoenixHollow, Owner at Phoenix Hollow, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
That was a crazy weekend of snow and pending storms - the last min reservation to cover the cancellations was a wonderful surprise and comfort. Valentines weekend has always been special here at the Hollow and I am so glad you were able to enjoy it. We hope to see you again soon and thank you for the kind review

Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Last night I stayed in my first B&B. It was my first time because I had this notion that I wouldn't like the B&B experience.mI'm more of a 5 * Hotel gal. What a pleasant suprise. Our cozy room came equipped with a canopy bed, tv, wifi, bistro table /chair set, fireplace, coffeemaker, fridge stocked with water and the list goes on. Our private bath came with slippers, plush robes and an assortment of other bath amenities. I felt 100% cozy the entire stay. To add to the experience, the owner is an artist so there is a wonderful selection of her paintings on display. We enjoyed viewing them while sipping on the sherry and nibbling the cookies she set out for us in the evening. It's going to be difficult to go back to staying in hotels. Thanks for the experience Kelly. We will be back.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
PhoenixHollow, Owner at Phoenix Hollow, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Hollow. Thank you so much for taking the time and writing such a lovely review and I hope you come back and stay with us soon!

Kentville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

We had a terrific stay at this bed and breakfast. After the first night we got snowed in, and ended up extending our stay and had a terrific couple of days here. Great food, hospitality, decor, and we will be back for sure!

PhoenixHollow, Owner at Phoenix Hollow, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Gotta like it when snow extends your mini getaway. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and I hope to see you again soon. I will also make a point to visit your lovely store this spring!

Hilden, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Back for a second year in a row to enjoy the hospitality, comfort and delicious breakfasts provided by Kelly & Jon. We were there for a curling weekend but could have easily just "hung out" there. We thought it was perfect last year but they managed to add a few new things to make it even better. Traveling with friends and having the whole place to ourselves we felt very pampered.

Room Tip: Only 2 rooms and both are equally great.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
PhoenixHollow, Owner at Phoenix Hollow, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
I am so glad that you came again and enjoyed the B&B as well as a great weekend with your friends! It was a pleasure to see the four of you again and I hope we see you all again really soon. Thank you for taking the time to give us this positive review!

Truro, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

This was our second visit to Phoenix Hollow...and it was just as good as we remembered. It was the final Olympic weekend and Kelly accommodated us to stay and watch the gold medal hockey game before check out! The breakfasts were tasty and beautifully presented, the room and bed comfortable, the house quiet, and we were even able to have a late night card game in the living room. Kelly's art work and decorating flair makes Phoenix Hollow a remarkable place to stay in a historical town.

1 Thank Joan W
PhoenixHollow, Owner at Phoenix Hollow, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
The best compliment is returning! I am so glad that you all came again this past year and enjoyed your curling and the Olympic coverage with us. It is a pure pleasure when the four of you come to stay with us as your good mood and smiles are contagious - I hope to see you again soon!

Amherst, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

In the middle of a serious case of the winter doldrums, Phoenix Hollow provided just exactly the escape that my husband and I needed. We were greeted warmly by our hosts, Kelly and John, and marvelled at the breathtaking work they had done to this beautiful historic home. The large but cosy living room and dining room were made all the more lovely by a display of Kelly's artwork (one very talented lady!), The luxury and attention to detail in our room was more than we could have hoped for and our bed was heaven. Although Kelly and John were easily available if needed, there was a sense of peace and privacy which we hadn't necessarily expected (it being a B & B) but were grateful for. Nice touches such as evening sherry in the gorgeous living room, and a scrumptious breakfast makes this a spot that my husband and I would highly recommend to our friends and family. Conveniently located close to the local pub, live theatre and surrounded by other picturesque Victorian homes, this B & B is not to be missed!

1 Thank V C
PhoenixHollow, Owner at Phoenix Hollow, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Sometimes you just need to get away for a day during such a long winter and I am so glad that you were able to find that getaway with us! Thank you for the lovely review and I hope we see you again soon on the onseason!

Kelly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
Super 8 Windsor NS
No photo provided
Meander In B&B
#4 of 6 in Windsor
Farmhouse Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to Phoenix Hollow? Share your experiences!