“Very disappointed”

Cuisines: Chinese
Winnipeg, MB
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Last week my friend and I had lunch at Lee's Village Restaurant and sadly were quite disappointed. Our number one issue was the lack of service then secondly the food. Not once did the waitress refill our water glasses nor did she ever come back to ask how the food. When our food was initially brought to us we mentioned that we would be needing more rice but she never came back (and the restaurant was not full)! By the time I was able to do the "excuse me we'd like a bit more rice....", our food was already cold. Besides this the rice was very mushy and my dish only had 3 small shrimp in it (for $13.50). We also were charged $2.50 for the small bowl of additional plain rice, which is not a big deal but it would be helpful if the waitress would mention there is a fee when you ask for more. I do not recall ever being charged before but I could be wrong and just may not have ever noticed. The table and menus were both dirty and sticky as well. This experience was a compilation of negative things; I am not normally one to complain but this meal was a waste of money in my opinion.

• Visited August 2014

“It's worth the trip!”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I was driving back from Fort Frances with my fiancé, this past weekend, and we decided to have dinner in Steinbach. I was a bit leery about eating in Steinbach. It was Sunday evening, and it was raining. We drove up and down the main strip, and found this place.

We ordered egg rolls, wonton soup, hot and spicy (96) beef, chicken gai lan. and a side of rice.

It was amazing!

The flavouring was subtle, crisp, and fresh. The food even had slices of garlic! I asked for the hot and spicy beef to be home-style hot, instead of Mennonite hot, and it was HOT!

Service was average, but acceptable.

When we were done, and about to head out of the door, we bumped into the cook, and thanked him for a wonderful dinner.

IF you have a chance to eat in Steinbach, I really recommend this place.

Enjoy!

• Visited July 2014
Winnipeg, Canada
“Horrible Food & Service - Never Returning.”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

My Husband & I decided to have dinner at Lee's Village Restaurant before grocery shopping. We each ordered a soup then 3 dishes to share. It was 40 Minutes before the first soup came out. Not wanting to eat with my Husband not having his soup yet I waited an additional 20 minutes before he got his soup. Our food didnt arrive for another 25 minutes after his soup came out. When the food finally came it was all bland and flavorless. We will never be returning.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank AshleyB196
San Antonio, TX
“Canada Visit”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Well, what can i say. . . being from San Antonio, Texas, I found this particular Chinese Buffet way overpriced. I nearly fell onto the floor when we found out it was $16/person for something subpar. The food was ok, but not great. The service was good, but i would never eat there again if I returned.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Copperpennies
Southern Manitoba
“Simply Epic.”
Reviewed March 12, 2010

This is one of the best Chinese restaurants in town... well you only have two to choose from. The place is kept clean and the fish tanks are a nice touch. The menu is quite detailed and loaded with about 100 different items. The food tastes fresh and you get what you pay for, in fact, when you order a dish you get a plate...no...a vat... no a cauldron of white rice. Good if your hungry, bad if your trying to watch your carbs. Meals come with free consume soup...oh man I can drink that stuff like Gatorade. I wish they sold consume soup in 1 gallon jugs, yeah I would tackle that.

The negatives, the parking is street only. The restaurant is too small and feels congested, tables too close to others.

3 Thank StephenElSteveo