“Great Take out!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Steinbach, Canada
“Great Take out!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

We mostly get take out from Chicken Chef in Steinbach. Their chicken is fantastic. Their gravy is the best in town. It's fantastic that they now have delivery! My husband really enjoys their pizza (I'm not a big pizza eater myself).

We do occasionally eat in the restaurant, and mostly it's been for lunch. Their chicken snack dishes are good. A decent amount of food for a lower price. My husband also LOVES their chicken lasagna for lunch. Very tasty.

For supper, however, we have not been so fortunate. My husband once ordered perogies and they came out in a pool of water. During the same visit, my gravy was so runny, it was basically just colored water. We complained but were basically told to suck it up. I emailed the owner, and he did reply that he was sorry that we hadn't enjoyed our stay, but he also didn't seem to worried about rectifying the situation.

All in all, I'd recommend take out over eating at the restaurant, but neither is typically an awful experience. Good quality food for a decent price.

• Visited June 2014

Winnipeg
“Worst meal I have ever had.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

This was by far the worst meal by far I have had in a restaurant
I would sooner starve than frequent this establishment again! !!

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Steinbach
“Mmmm...good pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

9 of us from work went for for lunch last week. It was an average of $12 per person. Not exactly inexpensive. In fact at that price I can't justify eating out very often. I had water to drink. We ordered 3 pizzas (large). The taste was very good. The meat lovers is good as well as the ham and pineapple. The special was just ok. So, the crust was done nicely and the toppings were decent. Like a previous reviews stated the inside of this place is dated...like a throw back to the 80's maybe. But hey...if you're looking for atmosphere you probably won't be going here. The food is good. The server did her job well! Kudos! The kitchen staff did a good job too...didn't take long for the food to come.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
lancaster
“WAY WAY 2 EXPENSIVE FOR LUNCH AND WHAT U GET”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I AM NOT A HIGH END KIND OF REST PERSON. JUST BECAUSE YOU PAY ALOT DOES NOT MEAN U GET A GOOD AMOUNT OR BETTER SERVICE. AND MOST PEOPLE R LIKE ME. They want value and good food for there hard earned money. THAT IS WHY I DO THIS.

1. This is a place almost like i dicribe above.

2.Out of the three times I have been here The food has been ok. there home made soups are good. So is there pizza depending on the cook. BUT I am realy happy I did not pay the bill all three times.

3.Service Is SPOTTY AT BEST.

4.Daycore old and echoey

5.dont burn rubber 2 go and <2> is what i give it out of six wheels

HAPPY WHEELING.

OOPPS 4 GOT TO TELL U A CLUBHOUSE SANDWICH WAS OVER $7.00 WITH OUT SOUP OR FRIES OR A DRINK OR TAXES NOW THATS 4 THE ????? PERSONS

Visited March 2013
“Our V-Day Meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I enjoy Chicken chef i do especially for their chef burger n poutine. But when i took my girlfriend out for supper on valentines day there we were rather disappointed. On my chef burger they had the nerve to put on dry burnt NOT edible bacon! It looked like burned plastic. I figured simple mistake but they still could of NOT put the bacon there and give me fresh (which they did do in the end). As for my girlfriend's chicken, she ordered the 4 piece chicken meal and 2 of them still had blood in them had she not noticed she could have been sick. But we did manage to exchange them and instead of 2 back they gave us 4. I do enjoy chicken chef but really step up with watching how you cook things we pay for cooked food not cheap mcdonalds rubber for this restaurant i give an average.

• Visited February 2013