“Tandem skydive”

Winnipeg, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Tandem skydive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

fantastic - great instructors and all round thrill. I would recommend this as a good place to make your first jump. We took the extra 2000 ft and were glad we did.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank mymycherrypie

Winnipeg, Canada
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Ton of Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

A friend did this on her 60th birthday, so I thought I would give it a try. Huge fun with just a little trepidation when exiting the plane.

Tip - pay the extra $40 or so to increase elevation to 11,000 ft. Makes a big difference in the time spent in free fall.

Visited June 2012
4 Thank Michael M C
Winnipeg
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Surreal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is an activity I would recommend to anyone. There is nothing like jumping out of an airplane to clear your mind (it is surprising how unimportant your bills seem). The training is the difference.

3 Thank David C
Winnipeg, MB
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“thrill of a lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

We booked a 11,000 ft. tandem skydiving for 6 and were fortunate to have chosen a lovely day. We were told to arrive with runners, jumpsuits would be provided and that no cameras or cell phones are allowed on the jump for safety reasons. On arrival we were welcomed with forms to fill out and a video to watch that quickly explained what we were in for. We paid and then 2 of us were outfitted and harnassed up and with our fun loving instructors we boarded the little plane and set off to climb to 11,000 ft. The assent it took around 25 minutes and then the fun began. After buckling up to our instructor they OPENED THE DOOR the view was terrifying...what were we doing? I was told to swing my legs out and put my feet on the black bar...not so easy to do when you are terrified and the wind is trying to keep you in (wind is smarter that man). Looking down and out is undescribable and before you know it you are falling face first very very quickly with a man on your back (thank goodness because he has the parachute). Very quickly you calm down and enjoy the view as the adrenaline rush begins to diminish. The free fall lasts about 42 seconds so you have lots of time to experience the thrill of it all. When the parachute opens you glide slowly enjoying the view. The landing was easy, I lifted my legs and landed lightly on my butt. My instructor Mike was a lot of fun and took an amazing video that I will look at with amusement for years. We arrived at 4:00 pm and left at 7:00 pm after all six of us had experienced "our thrill of a lifetime". My 19 year old grandson will go again but we 4 ladies wouldn't have missed it but. . . . .
They have a friendly helpful staff and the facility was great for watching the other skydivers. It was a wonderful experience all around!

Visited September 2012