“Not impressed”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Steinbach
Manitoba, Canada
“Not impressed”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Right from making the reservation, I did not enjoy my experience. I called the hotel directly to make a reservation. A male answered in a snippy rude tone. He wouldn't tell me the rate of the room and made it seem like I was wasting his time. I was appalled, but needed the room, so I booked it. When checking in, the girl was nicer, but when I told her about the person who took my reservation, she simply states, "Oh I think I know who it is and he would never talk like that" Uh so you are accusing me of lieing? And she never apologized. So we get to the room, and it is what you expect for a 2 queen room. Nothing fancy although it was great that there was a Keurig maker in the room. My husband and I drink a lot of coffee, so I went down to ask for more coffee, and she wouldn't give me anymore unless I traded the ones I wouldn't use. She also pointed out there was free coffee downstairs. Did I want to go down to the lobby all evening for coffee that has more then likely been sitting there all day when I could make it in my room? Of course not! If you are going to have an expense coffee machine in your hotel, and don't want to give people more coffee, maybe you should have a cheaper machine and let people have their darn coffee.
The movies were expensive, so we didn't rent any. And the pool was actually very small, so we didn't bother with it.
Finally we go to sleep, and there is kids running up and down the hallway all night. Eating pizza out in the hallway, where their parents were I have no clue. We had a horrible sleep. My kids were tired in the morning. I called the front desk 3 times and there was no answer every time. I wasn't about to go down in my pjamas to complain so we sucked it up.
We checked out the free breakfast and it wasn't bad. There was lots to choose from, and was stocked quickly.
We went to check out and I asked the girl if anyone worked overnight, because when I called there was no answer. She said she was probably doing a pool test and away from the phone. So maybe the hotel should invest in a cordless phone? I told her about my unpleasant stay and she simply gave me my receipt and said the hotel was sold out, and noise was to be expected. Sorry and have a good day.
I couldn't believe it? No sincere apology. No offer to make it better. No offer for compensation, or anything.
There is not a lot of hotels in Steinbach, so I don't really have a choice when coming to stay next time, but I think I will check out the reviews for the other hotels, before choosing this one again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Angel C, General Manager at Days Inn - Steinbach, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Sorry to hear our staff didn’t seem to be themselves the weekend that you stayed with us. If some of these issues would’ve been addressed at the front desk during check-out and you would’ve asked for some sort of discount we would’ve been more than happy to accommodate. If we would’ve realized there was such an issue I’m sure we could’ve come to some conclusion that worked for both of us. During a weekend where there are teams in house noise complaints do occasionally come in, and when someone requests for a discount one is generally applied. We do enforce quiet time after 11pm and we do have a cordless phone but situations do arise where the phone is not heard over the waterslide, or when we are on the other line etc.
Our DVD rental is only $2.99 and comes with 2 movies and the DVD player, I’m sorry if this price didn’t suit you, and our pool manages to cater to a full hotel of families and teams every weekend where there is more than enough room.
We hope if you do choose to stay with us in the future your experience will be different.

Mr. Angel Camargo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Portage la Prairie, Canada
Reviewed December 15, 2013

This was a great place to stay in Steinbach! I used most of the hotel services and they were all well-maintained. The staff was also very friendly!

PROS:
+Friendly helpful staff
+Free breakfast and newspaper
+Pool and Hot Tub were well-maintained
+Cozy fireplace in breakfast area
+Keurig Coffee Maker in room

CONS:
-A/C in room noisy
-Shower could have more pressure

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Angel C, General Manager at Days Inn - Steinbach, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank-you for taking the time to let us know how we did during your stay! It's great to have feedback, both pro's and con's so that we know what we're doing well and also what we can improve on. We really appreciate you letting us know how we did!

Have a great day,

Winnipeg
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Our stay was enjoyable...Staff was helpful and friendly. I brought DVD's with me for our grandchildren and thought that the hotel would provide this service. Apparently there is a charge a little disappointing....

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Cathy. R
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel! We're glad you enjoyed your stay. Unfortunately we don't have a DVD player for every room so we do have to charge when renting one out, much the same as when you rent a movie on Pay per View, but with our DVD system we are able to offer much of the new releases through DVD and player at a cheaper rate.
We look forward to seeing you again, have a great day!

La Crosse
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Nice stay, however the inconsiderate jerks before us must have been smoking in the bathroom...as it had the future lung cancer recipients odor to it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Angel C, General Manager at Days Inn - Steinbach, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
We're glad to hear your overall stay was enjoyable and do apologize for the smell in the bathroom while staying. We do our best to catch anyone smoking in the room, and clean that room so that no odour remains when the next guest stays, as well as we do have a fee we charge if the person is caught. We hope that next time you stay it will be an even better experience!
Have a great day,

Spruce Grove
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Travelling with a pet can be exasperating. We have a medium-sized dog. This dog is cleaner and quieter than many people who are found in hotels. However, we are usually subjected to unclean, smelly, stuffy rooms ... and have to pay extra for that. We try when possible to stay at DAYS INN hotels because overall (as a pet owner) we prefer them. The DAYS INN in Steinbach, Manitoba should be an example to ALL HOTELS, Days Inn or otherwise. Their pet rooms have hardwood floors, NO CARPETING to hold in odor and whatever else pets may deposit. Their furnishings are very nice, and their bedspreads & matching drapes are not the generic brand, they are very unique and make you feel like you are at home! We walk into the room to a pleasant, clean smell and a very comfortable, inviting atmosphere. The staff is very friendly! There is just nothing negative to say about this place. THANK YOU STEINBACH MANITOBA!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Angel C, General Manager at Days Inn - Steinbach, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! It is good to hear that the upgrades and changes we are doing to help guests enjoy their stay better are actually doing just that! We hope you choose to stay with us again sometime!

Have a wonderful day,

Mr. Angel Camargo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Steinbach
Frantz Motor Inn
Frantz Motor Inn
#2 of 3 in Steinbach
No photo provided
Calder House B&B
Calder House B&B
#1 of 2 in La Broquerie

Been to Days Inn - Steinbach? Share your experiences!