Stayed there from July 5/13- July 7/13
We stayed at this campground for a special event. When we made the reservation we were instructed to call if we were to arrive after 9pm as the campground office closes at that time. We called as instructed as we realized we might be late. This the list of things that went wrong from then on.
1. We were not told about the required $10 deposit for the bathroom key. And the bathrooms are closed between the hours of 9 pm and 9am.
2. When we arrived, after 9pm we had difficulty with finding our way to our site as the sections and camp sites are not clearly marked.
3. After set up was complete, we went to the washroom only to find out it was locked so we went to the next one and it too was locked. We find out from other campers that you need a key issued by the camp office at check-in. No one told us about this policy at reservation or when we called to say we were going to be late. There was a phone number available at the office so we called it to let them know that all the bathrooms were locked. At that time someone was sent to us to hopefully resolve this issue. The security guard met us only to tell us that there was nothing that could be done as the hostess was asleep. He was more concerned for the hostess’ sleep than our need to urinate! His suggestion was to leave a stick in the door of the bathroom to keep it from locking. What if someone were to remove that stick. After much pleading and arguing he finally got us a key.
4. The washrooms were unkempt and did not have any toilet paper.
5. There were no picnic table at our site, we had to get one from another empty site.
6. On our departure we wanted to voice our displeasure with the poor service but all we got was, “this is a fiasco” and one night free. The camp office attendant did not want to discuss it further to rectify the issue, she just walked away from us.
All in all they had poor customer service that ranged from no access to the washrooms at night and poor washroom maintenance, poorly marked sites to poor business management. Even the security officer stated that there is an ongoing problem with the washroom key. That in itself should show them that there is a problem. We will tell my friends and family about this place but it won’t be nice things and we won’t be going back either.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Minnewasta Recreation Area Campground Morden, Manitoba