“persian restaurant in the heart of Vakil Bazaar”
Review of Seray-e Mehr

Seray-e Mehr
Ranked #14 of 117 Restaurants in Shiraz
Cuisines: Persian
Reviewed January 22, 2014

very nice persian restaurant in the area of Vakil bazaar with great prices, atmosphere and traditional iranian food and drinks ... really worth the visit if you are in beautiful city of Shiraz, good to try traditional Dizze... they have also normal toilets :)

1  Thank mikkimikkiSVK

Reviewed January 21, 2014

My tour guide took me to this restaurant. It is a traditional restaurant and the food quality is quite good. Dizi is a must try. It comes in a small pot with lamb pieces inside which you drink the soup first and then mash the meat and mix it with rice afterwards. Please check out the photo

Reviewed October 12, 2013

First of all, it is located in Vakil Bazar (Saraye Moshir).The prices are moderate and its a plain place. but when i go there the old carpets and Gilims ( a kind of rug) attract me and I really feel good. The food is good.
except lunch time you can have a rest there and drink a cup of tea.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

The restaurant is located in the middle of Saraye Moshir. The inside especially the first floor is really atmospheric. The food is not special but ok for the price.
What I liked about was the good behavior of the owner and waiters and waitress.
Besides the light Iranian music, the lighting and the tilework make it amazing and relaxing atmosphere for an afternoon stop.
Although a small place, there is no smell of the kitchen or food. That is what my friends and I liked the most.
Even if you do not want to try the food, it would be perfect as a tea-house.
The prices are definitely average for a traditional restaurant.
I tried the Juje Kabab (barbecued chicken with rice) for 125000. (4 - 5 $).

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I ate here twice. First time I tried the dizi, which was a letdown. The stew had one measly piece of meat, a huge chunk of fat and some beans. I've had better. The second time I tried the chelo kebab, which was OK. Nothing special, but not bad.

The place is packed with tourists, so you might have to wait for a table. That also meant that service was kind of slow, and they also forgot my order first time I ate there.

The big plus is the bathroom, which is relatively clean and has a Western-style sit-down toilet, the only one I could find in the area.

1  Thank Nick O